[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Winter
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index The Court Jester's Entertainment

Winter

Talk about the latest anime, games, movies, funny stuff or whatever interests you outside of RO.

Winter

Postby Subaru » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Oh man, have you guys heard of this game?

I just heard about it, even though there has been talk of it since 2007.
Argh it's so cool, why won't anyone publish it? D:

The bit that got me the most was the part where you can tap the wii reomote against your hand to make the batteries in the tourch work
Subaru
High Priest LV 98/69
High Priest  LV 98/69

Re: Winter

Postby RKT16ct » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:26 am

very interesting looking game for the Wii

to side with promotional guys/wii advertising guys- it'll be hard to market a game of this genre when the bulk of games for the Wii are all "sunshine and lollipops". Resident Evil got a significant nod because it already had a footing with everyone; so they were banking more on the name and its popularity with everyone having been established; then watched the money roll in. For Winter it'll be like a salesman's cold call: and when you look at alot of the Wii having been already established titles- Metroid, Super Mario Bros, Zelda, etc... having this game come out would be like offering a new flavor of coffee when everyone has already gotten used to their French vanillas, their hazelnuts, their mochas, etc.

The only way to market this is if at around the same time- a bunch of new titles just started coming out. Like 5 brand new games with violent/horror/detective-like genres in the same month, or maybe over the span of 3 months to be safe. The way to maximize this opportunity also- would be to completely exhaust the market with the "sunshine and lollipop" games; so that the populace would get so run-ragged from them and would actually appreciate a change in genre for a bit.

another hit this game might have against it in the way of marketing is that it's mostly 13+ age group. The Wii has made its money because it's targeted a large swathe of audience. Heck, on youtube you see babies playing the Wii, virtual boxing with their parents. I don't see that same father of a 2year old getting a horror genre game; maybe for himself- but as a father the target game would be something he and his child could play together. Because the 1-12year old group (more particularly, the parents of such) are out of the pot- that's a HUGE hit to the pockets.

Winter may get its chance soon enough. But is it going to be done right- so it doesn't end up like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_64
RKT16ct
Monk LV 73/40
Monk  LV 73/40

Postby Snookum » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 am

The Wii right now is considered a kiddy-console, but what came first to our mind when we heard about the Wiimote were swords and crowbars^^
Imagine going Gordon Freeman on the Wii :lol:
Snookum
Blacksmith LV 75/44
Blacksmith  LV 75/44

Postby Kazu » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:41 am

I'm pretty bad at playing survival horror stuff but that one sounds interesting... Guess i'll have to buy a Wii when Winter comes out.
Kazu
Assassin LV 96/50
Assassin  LV 96/50

Postby Autolux » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:50 am

this is a long cancelled project... Still no definite word on its return :(
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby Autolux » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:25 am

anyone know any word on this yet?
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Return to The Court Jester's Entertainment