[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - DS Games. I need a new one.
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index The Court Jester's Entertainment

DS Games. I need a new one.

Talk about the latest anime, games, movies, funny stuff or whatever interests you outside of RO.

Re: DS Games. I need a new one.

Postby Luc of True Wind » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:15 pm

I MUST Disagree here /omg
Chrono Trigger is better than Chrono Cross. I tried Chrono Cross and I was not impressed /sob
I was disappointed that it was sooo much different than Chrono Trigger. I will say though that the music in Chrono Cross is absolutely gorgeous and the characters and the story were cool, but I still like Chrono Trigger better.
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Choklit Reign » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Choklit Reign
Blacksmith LV 95/50
Blacksmith  LV 95/50

Postby -Viral- » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Yes Muramasa looks reaaallly good /rice
-Viral-
Assassin LV 76/45
Assassin  LV 76/45

Postby ShinRyuu » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:13 pm

Chrono Trigger is a game developed by SQUARE to test the fan base for reaction to new elements for the RPG gene back in 1995. Don't forget back in 1995, the two biggest RPG series competing head to head are Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. Other smaller RPGs by SQUARE are Secret of Mana and Romaning SaGa, but they have diffrent styles.
SQUARE can't afford to lose out to Enix by introducing new elements that the fans don't like to FF, so they put a team to create another RPGs similar to FF style with added elements to see how the fans react. It turns out the fans loved it. So without Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross wouldn't have borned because there is no need to make a sequel if the fans didn't demanded it. There is also no real reason to make sequels either since Chrono Trigger was not intended to be a series like FF.

Most noticeable feature in Chrono Trigger is it is the first RPG to feature multiple endings that depends on the choices you make during the game progress. Without this break through, perhaps all RPGs in today's market might still be in the form of linear ending.
ShinRyuu
Wizard LV 75/44
Wizard  LV 75/44

Postby Autolux » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby Bear » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Hmm, overall I really have a hard time saying if CT is better than CC. CT has a lot of fond memories for me because of the gorgeous art style, soundtrack and just a captivating story over all. I've always loved the idea of time travel and CT had just a really great story. CC was a really unique game and though Kid's localized scripting bugged the HELL out of me, it was a great solid game with good art direction, wonderful music and also a neat storyline. I also like that it seemed rather challenging too. If I had to pick between the two I would probably say CT has a stronger place in my heart though if I were stranded on a deserted island, I would choose CC for sheer re-playability.

-Wiz /ho
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby ShinRyuu » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:46 pm

ShinRyuu
Wizard LV 75/44
Wizard  LV 75/44

Postby ShinRyuu » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:52 pm

ShinRyuu
Wizard LV 75/44
Wizard  LV 75/44

Postby Talon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier , I thought this game would be mega good. Sexy androids, furries(werepeople), mechs, KOS-MOS.. But the combat isn't quite what I tought it was, I thought it would be like front mission..

Recommend front mission, cause you got advanced wars. Front mission Is better i think.
Talon
Novice LV 8/7
Novice  LV 8/7

Postby Luc of True Wind » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Was this even Eddy's intention to spur a heated debate about CT and CC? /heh
Anyway, I hope you have gotten some good games out of this Eddy /ok
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

PreviousNext

Return to The Court Jester's Entertainment