[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Interesting
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Rants

Interesting

SCREW THIS! Grab a drink and tell us all about it.

Interesting

Postby ~Sassienator~ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:08 pm

I received this email today, it should make for interesting discussion /ok

"This is great. I have been wondering about why Whites are racists, and no other race is.....

Proud to be White

Michael Richards makes his point...............
Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point.

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points...

Someone finally said it. How many are actually paying attention to this? There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans. You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction. You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman'... and that's OK..

But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink .. You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah. You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP. You have BET.... If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that??

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US ..... Yet if there were 'White colleges', that would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud... But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists??

There is nothing improper about this e-mail.. Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on. I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for ourselves!

BE PROUD TO BE WHITE!

It's not a crime YET.... but getting very close!"
Last edited by ~Sassienator~ on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Sassienator~
Assassin LV 75/44
Assassin  LV 75/44

Re: Interesting

Postby Jonny » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:42 pm

you think that this i ok?
you think the siciety should split into groups of "races"?
i dont know how it is in the usa but here there is nothing strictly for some group(at least i dont know) beside religious things
there may be some things wich priviledge some groups who are at a disatvantage in general
and most named groups in usa are usully at disatvantage

and to tell the truth EVERYONE CAN BE RACIST (at least here)
and everyone can get in jail for it

dont belive anyone who tell you someone commits a crime others dont at same circumstances just cause of something as unimportant as color
it is all dependant on money and maybe power or conections with powerful/very rich people but
think what you want and tell your oppinion unless it discriminates other people/groups or is against the law
(artikel 5 german cinstitution(not word by word))
everything which can fail will fail
if more then one possibility exits how it can fail
it will fail in the worst possible way

murphy's law
Jonny
Knight LV 97/50
Knight  LV 97/50

Postby Faeli » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:36 pm

Actually, I kind of second this. I got fired from my job for translating something for a co-worker... Word for word what he said. ("If people need to use a computer talk to the black man behind the desk.") Apparently you can be racist for even repeating what they say, even in another language when asked to translate it *shrugs*

And Jonny, not to sound mean or anything but... America is the "mixing pot." Kind of understandable that there's more races thus more groups in America as opposed to other countries. I mean, just hearing Subaru talking about how there were next-to-no black people in Australia? Kind of makes sense there's not that many groups, right?

And FYI I'm not racist, but I AM getting sick of people assuming I am just because I am white. And it is getting really annoying.
Faeli
Priest LV 75/44
Priest  LV 75/44

Postby Subaru » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Subaru
High Priest LV 98/69
High Priest  LV 98/69

Postby bato » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:00 pm

Lol?

Australia has people from middle east, Asia, Europe, south Europe, south america,Africa and of course aborigines.

If you want to be racist in Australia, you'd be bloody stupid considering even by now, half of the population was not Australian or their parents weren't 50 years ago.
bato
Thief LV 40/30
Thief  LV 40/30

Postby Faeli » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:29 pm

Ah then I got you wrong, Subaru :P Ah well.
Faeli
Priest LV 75/44
Priest  LV 75/44

Postby Neraid » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:21 am

There's a bunch of things wrong with Kramer's rant, in my opinion. Most of it can be summed up by pointing out that 'white' isn't a race, it's just a skin colour. White people in America have all sorts of different histories and cultural heritages. Noone thinks that you can't be a proud German American, or French American, or British American*, or even just a proud American. It's OK to be proud of your cultural heritage, but if all you're proud of is your skin colour, then that's pretty stupid.

I think there is a similar problem with 'black' being treated as a race, although it's not so bad in this case because most black Americans share a history that they can be proud of and find solidarity in etc... as distinct from other Americans. White Americans as a whole group (as distinct from just 'Americans') don't really have that afaict - although I'm happy to hear arguments to the contrary!

*OK, well maybe not that one XD
Neraid
Stalker LV 97/66
Stalker  LV 97/66

Postby Autolux » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:43 am

honestly I think white is too broad of a term, everyone is a mix of something from somewhere, unless you native american in which case your not even white lol

it's true many black people play the race card cause it's so easy, many black people just don't trust white people in general, and that's ignorance not race, it goes both ways. Personally if they made a white history month it would be all about the eastern hemisphere since none of us (including myself because I'm half whitebread) have any real history here. Most of American history is taught about white people anyhow, so you'd be learning about what you already know, unless you learning about white pride, which was for the most part fueled by hate (KKK, etc) I can't think of any non-violent or supremecist white pride march there's ever been.

The reason most of the black history is bottled up together in one nice little batch is because much of the history was excluded from lessons in schools from different times. Even when free black people were looked greatly down upon, and even, though not as much as people like to think, hunted down.

For one I'd like to clear up that it's never not racist to use racial terms with either harmful or joking intent. Words are just that and it all depends on the person using them not the color of their skin. To me this entire e-mail is racist citing things like

You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.
First off this should say "You Have MLK day. You have Cesar Chavez Day." because the holidays should be related (about a person in history of a certain ethnicity) To this all I have to say is YOU HAVE CHRISTOPHER COLOMBUS DAY

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.
Because only non-white people do that?

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.
The March is about the struggle, it's not about the pride, if there really was a white pride march, what struggle would you march in tribute to?

If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships... You know we'd be racists.
I wouldn't say racist, but I would say it's needless. There are lots of scholarship programs for low income families regardless of race. The only reason there exists one for black people specifically is because some number of people (dun ask me how many or who they were) felt the need to offer a program to help the education of black people, even now there still live african american grandmothers and grandfathers who were not educated properly, if at all, due to segregation. Many act as if this was a wound that is long gone and healed but if you'd like an answer to this question...

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you... so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?
Well, I'm not gonna go into conspiracy theories but cocain had to get into the ghetto somehow, that's all I'll say on that part, but there aint no niggas with helicopters.

As far as the pride of being whatever you are, whatever you know? Everyone should like who and what they are. Also I said this e-mail is racist, I'm not trying to call anyone who agrees or disagrees a racist >< there's just some stereotypical statements that I didn't really like. I do agree with some things though, but honestly I think moreover than racist I think it would be silly having special days celebrating white people or white people schools. Are Black people the only underprivelaged? No! Are they the majority? Sadly yes.
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby Bear » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:46 am

Very well written response; well thought out and great points Mel.

As far as race goes, I honestly think it is silly to try and find pride in something as simple as skin color. The pride, as Mel pointed out, stems from the struggle and not from the fact itself. All sorts of pride marches and organizations have been established to help find solidarity with the minority in society. To carry themselves in a positive light to the rest of the world who may or may not look down on them because of their minority status. I think it is sad human nature to villify the very things that are at the fringes or minority of society because it is simply easier to do so then to approach a situation with a level head and virtuous intentions.

To have pride in ones history and ancestry is fine and all, but even then it just isn't my cup of tea. I would rather try to focus on being proud (and only to an extent) of my own personal accomplishments in life instead of living vicariously through others victories. All in all though, being humble about ones accomplishments is always a pretty good path to travel as long as one can keep their ego in check. People can get overly prideful about things that happened long before they were born at times. Things their parents did, grandparents or many many generations before them. Having a healthy bit of pride and respect for your elders and their accomplishments is well and good, but just like anything else people need to keep their pride in check so as not to think of it as a one-upmanship contest.

-Wiz /ok
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Green Halloween » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Isn't it already established fact there's no such thing as race o.o It's just something people made up! :?
GreenHalloween Green Halloween Green HaIIoween
Green Halloween
Dancer LV 90/50
Dancer  LV 90/50

Next

Return to Rants