[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Am I being a dick?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Rants

Am I being a dick?

SCREW THIS! Grab a drink and tell us all about it.

Am I being a dick?

Postby Faeli » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 am

Ok, so here's the scoop...

I have a room mate. Before he lived with Josh and I, he asked me to lend him $40 for gas, so I did. When this happened he had a job so I figured, ok, I'll get this back soon. So Mike (said room mate) goes on vacation, comes back, goes back to work, yadda yadda yadda... And a weekend pops up where he comes over with another friend and the four of us order pizza. Mike places the order, the pizza comes, and we find out he bought two big specialty pizzas that came to over $40. Time passes, still no money returned, and he ends up quitting his job since his boss and coworkers were being dicks. So Josh and I have been putting him up, I've been digging into my savings since I haven't found a new job to help pay for the bills while Mike still does not give anything in return... But continues to buy himself alcohol and cigarettes, and will go out with friends to dinner or whatever and order about $20 worth of food while the rest of us will cap out at $10-15.

Still no money returned. So our group gets together again, we get pizzas again, and I tell Mike that he only owes me $20 since the pizzas we bought before were fucking expensive. So $20 aint that bad, yuh?

Mike ended up living with us because he got kicked out of his apartment complex because some 13 year old kid saw someone he "thought" looked like Mike shooting the sides of the building with a BB gun. So now Mike has to deal with lawyer fees and whatnot to keep his ass out of jail because of this. So Josh lends him near $700 for him to cover his fees.

Did I mention he still goes out drinking? And still buys cigaretts? He went to a bar Saturday night that had pinged his account a $40 charge to see if he could cover a bar tab. Later find out he spent $32 that night on alcohol. But he still owes me $20. And still owes Josh about $700.

Then today he asked to borrow $5 so he can buy some solvent for his truck to get it running right again. I have a ten dollar bill in my purse. I didn't give it to him. Am I being a dick?

It's just so frustrating that I'm giving what little I have to the bills and he can't even repay me what little he owes me. Man, like what the fuck?

N> Better room mates
Faeli
Priest LV 75/44
Priest  LV 75/44

Re: Am I being a dick?

Postby Kazu » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:10 pm

No you aren't. I would've said "f*ck you and f*ck off" long ago...
Kazu
Assassin LV 96/50
Assassin  LV 96/50

Postby Jonny » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:15 pm

there are people in the world who thinks that everything they do is ok
they think everything someone they know owes is theirs but all they have is ONLY theirs

those people are mostly spoiled for their lifetime till the leave home
and think it will go on
so help them by not heling them (in this case dont pay for him anything special)
everything which can fail will fail
if more then one possibility exits how it can fail
it will fail in the worst possible way

murphy's law
Jonny
Knight LV 97/50
Knight  LV 97/50

Postby Neraid » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:08 pm

No you're not being a dick. Of course you shouldn't lend money to someone who doesn't pay you back.
Neraid
Stalker LV 97/66
Stalker  LV 97/66

Return to Rants