[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - What to do in Phoenix?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index The Wolf Den

What to do in Phoenix?

Chit chat about anything and everything that's off topic~

What to do in Phoenix?

Postby Snookum » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Looks like I will spend all of October in Phoenix, AZ.
Sadly not for vacation but work. Working hours are up to 12h a day so normal touristic activities are rightous impossible.
Any hints and tips for everyday life there? Are there shops and restaurants who should be avoided / visited?
Snookum
Blacksmith LV 75/44
Blacksmith  LV 75/44

Re: What to do in Phoenix?

Postby Bear » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Sadly, I've never been to Phoenix so I can't recommend anything. If you happen to run into a deli by the name of , I HIGHLY recommend going there and getting their Original® Sandwhich. That thing is so damn good that I'm getting really hungry just thinking about it. Sadly there aren't any within a reasonable distance to me, but whenever I'm out of town in the States, I make a HIGH point to be on the lookout for these places. If you like spicy things, dab a little bit of their Louisiana hot sauce on that sandwich. /rice /rice /rice

I looked it up http://www.schlotzskys.com/locations - Search for 85001 (zip code for Phoenix) and there are a few there! Check it out if you even remotely like deli style sandwiches!!

-Bear
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: What to do in Phoenix?

Postby Snookum » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:42 am

Thanks for the hint. What I saw at their website looks really delicious!
But Schlotzkys is a really strange name for a texan enterprise. Sounds more like jiddisch or polish to me ^^

Does anybody know about Saboten-Con? It takes place on first to third of October. Would be nice to spend some time in the presence of fellow strange people :D
Would be awesome, first time in the US and first time US-con in one go.
Snookum
Blacksmith LV 75/44
Blacksmith  LV 75/44

Return to The Wolf Den