[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Some fossils!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Gallery and Creative Zone Archives

Some fossils!

Some fossils!

Postby Subaru » Wed May 13, 2009 12:17 am

Well today I had a really long photo session in the lab.

I took photos of a million different fossils I have been working on.

Well it just felt like a million, cos each photo takes over 10 minutes to set up and photograph.

I told spartan I would show him some of my work, and so decided to show u guys too.

BTW these photos are totally raw. I am going to photoshop them and make them all pretty and awesome and professional.
I'll post the end results when I do them.

But for now, enjoy!

P.S That scale is 1cm. So they are quite small. But I took photos of smaller ones but they are just single teeth so not as interesting

P.P.S that is my finger print in the first one >_> But it will totally be edited out don't u worry!
Subaru
High Priest LV 98/69
High Priest  LV 98/69

Re: Some fossils!

Postby Subaru » Wed May 13, 2009 12:31 am

Here is some old stuff I did for another project so u can see what I mean by making it all professional etc.

Some examples of before:

and then what I did with it after:

Subaru
High Priest LV 98/69
High Priest  LV 98/69

Postby Sonya Shulen » Wed May 13, 2009 1:01 am

Woah Sub, these are awesome photographs! /ok They look like the kind you find in textbooks with the captions underneath /heh
What are they fossils of?
Sonya Shulen
Acolyte LV 63/45
Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Subaru » Wed May 13, 2009 1:07 am

Thanks <3

The first one is the upper jaw of a pygmy possum.
The second one is the lower jaw of a rat like thing.

The second post are photos of a brachiopod.
Brachiopods are like shell fish (bivalves) but very rare nowadays, but used to be really common, more common than shell fish.
Subaru
High Priest LV 98/69
High Priest  LV 98/69

Postby Choklit Reign » Wed May 13, 2009 10:23 am

Choklit Reign
Blacksmith LV 95/50
Blacksmith  LV 95/50

Postby Autolux » Wed May 13, 2009 12:07 pm

/swt
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby Neraid » Wed May 13, 2009 2:59 pm

cool photos!

And for those people who don't know how big a centimetre is, 2.5cm = 1 inch. ;)
Neraid
Stalker LV 97/66
Stalker  LV 97/66

Postby Subaru » Wed May 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Subaru
High Priest LV 98/69
High Priest  LV 98/69

Postby Neraid » Wed May 13, 2009 5:24 pm

2.54 :P
Neraid
Stalker LV 97/66
Stalker  LV 97/66

Postby Autolux » Wed May 13, 2009 9:46 pm

hey hey now, we may not use the REST of the metric system, but we use centimeters quite often (they're even on our rulers, next to the inches xP)
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Next

Return to Archives