[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Hey New Members! Breaking the Ice~
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Hey New Members! Breaking the Ice~

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Hey New Members! Breaking the Ice~

Postby Bear » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Hey! We had a few new registrants in the last few days; I'm not sure if the bots broke back in or if they are readers of Life in Aggro. The IP addresses seemed American but you never know with proxy servers.

Anyways. if you all are readers, please post a "hello" thread here so we can get to know each other; there isn't any reason to be shy here. Maybe tell us some of your favorite games or songs and why you like em.

Here, I'll start:

As far as one of my favorite all time games, I love Chrono Trigger. It probably had the biggest impact on me while growing up. In fact, a lot of SquareSoft games were really impressionable to me, including Final Fantasy 3 (6) and the Secret of Mana series.

I recently beat Ghost Trick, which was a pretty great game; nice mood setting music and a good story. After around chapter 4 or 6 (I forgot), I was totally hooked.

Music, well, I love . It was actually written by Metric, but the actress in the SP movie and the way it's performed just comes off with more energy. I love high energy in my music, it inspires me and works better than any energy drink.

Anyway, chime in! Even current forum goers! Let's get some conversation up in here.

-Bear
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Hey New Members! Breaking the Ice~

Postby Eccs » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Hello everyone

Games
I haven't really had much time to play that many games recently. Favorite Genres are generally strategy, rpgs and puzzle games.
The only things I have been playing recently have been on my DS to and from work.

I would recommend the Professor Layton Series (for anyone who loves puzzles and riddles)
also been playing Advance Wars Dual Strike ( /grr Mainly because my old files got wiped)
and Pokemon Black

Music
At the moment one of my Favorite groups is Epik High. I really like the songs Fan and One,love the MV for 'Fan' especially the washing machine. Watch it to see why /ok

My preference of music generally differs depending on my mood, I like classical, rock and some hip hop.

Eccs
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby Bear » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:31 am

Thanks Eccs! Come on guys, don't by creepy forum stalkers...or make Eccs and I look like were alone out here. lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 pm

::has been aggro'd::

Hiya new people and welcome! Or at least...1 new person Eccs, and one BEAR D=

My roommate actually started replaying Advance Wars DS oddly enough. He's also been borrowing my 3DS to play the new Ghost Recon which oddly enough is a strategy game, and pretty damn good too. It's like the surprise launch game.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Luc of True Wind » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Hello!

I thought I should chime in finally /heh

One of my all time favorite games is also Chrono Trigger /lv I was so taken by how beautifully the story developed, the subject matter with time travel, and the memorable characters. I also loved Final Fantasy VI because of the music, the characters and just the breath-taking story. The whole game seemed so theatrical to me with the character intros when you first meet them, their theme songs, the awesome music and the motley cast of characters.

I also love the Tales of Series /lv these games are so wonderful because of the great characters, the epic music, the flashy magic, and the story I just immediately fall in love with. I recently finished Tales of Vesperia and I adored it! I am one of those people who has to get absolutely everything when I play a game, so I spent forever on that game. My best friend and I played it together, and we had a blast with it!

Generally with games I need great characters, great dialogue, an epic story, gorgeous music and I have my ideal game /ok
As for music, I love rock music, specifically classic rock, modern rock, some indie rock, pop music, and game music. My iPod is this eclectic mix of all those genres /heh
Recently I discovered this indie band from Mexico called Zoe and they are awesome! They have a psychedelic feel with that indie music vibe.

I can also be long winded, does it show? 8D /swt
Next!
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby RollCasket » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:07 pm

A lot of people like Chrono Trigger it seems...which is also my favorite as I think I have said a few times lol. For me Final Fantasy IV is my favorite FF for several reasons and I've gotten into several arguments about IV and VI with people lol. Don't get me wrong, VI was awesome, I just think the story, characters, music, and battle system was a bit better too (since in VI everyone can do everything and that kinda dumbs down the characters).

The Tales series is great too, and Symphonia is my favorite out of those, Presea being my favorite character out of any of the games. Go go short girls with giant weapons! The combat in these has always been fun and I can't wait for Graces F since it's finally coming out here.

I also love rock of...all varieties, metal, trance, techno, dance, j-pop, and game music is always great, lol. I pretty much like anything except rap or country =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!