[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Hello!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Hello!

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Hello!

Postby Decaf » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:40 am

I am an avid gamer of the RPG Genre, I branch out into others but am terrible at RTS', the games which really got me started and left the biggest impression over the years are the Quest for Glory series. I beat the first when I was a wee lad of 6, before even my parents had and continued to play them all the way through the 5th. I would still be waiting for them to restart the series but I know it won't happen.

I love music, and listen to all kinds. There are no sounds I love more than others, though there are some that I like less. I will try out any song, but I can easily decide in the first 30 seconds that I don't like a song's sound. I'm not entirely sure how I came to have the eclectic tastes in music that I do, since my families tastes are nowhere near as broad, but I did stop listening to music entirely from about 4th to 8th grades. After I started listening to music again though I didn't stop, I rarely don't have music of some kind playing at this point, unless I am in a situation where it would be inappropriate.

And that's a little about me :D.
Decaf
Undeclared
Undeclared

Re: Hello!

Postby Bear » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:38 am

Haha! Welcome to our little corner of the web Decaf! It really is awesome having you here and chatting; it really made Fei and I quite happy. To everyone else, Decaf is the guild leader for the raid co-op that Fei and I and a number of others joined when we switched to the horde side. Very cool and laid back guy.

RPGs! Ahh, the fond memories. I don't quite remember how I got into the genre myself, it's been so long now and I'm having a hard time piecing together a chronology. I think the first was Tower of Doom for Intellevision, which was super impressionable though I don't have many solid memories of it - I just remember being captivated by it. I know I was interested in the original FF for the NES but I could never get my hands on it as a kid.

Some of the more retro ones I can remember are: Elvira, Mistress of the Dark and Jaws of Cerberus (the games that got me into PCs in the first place) and the BBS game LORD, Legend of the Red Dragon. Damn, I'm totally dating myself, but man, seeing my friend hook up to the BBSes on his dads computer when I was a kid was really amazing. The first RPG I vividly remember was FF Mystic Quest and FF2(4). After that I was completely enthralled by the genre.

Also, yes...music! I love music and Fei...she only listens to game scores! Ugh... How can an artist have such limited musical tastes?! I also have very diverse tastes in music, probably influenced by my dad and grandpa who would play music throughout their respective houses all the time. My dad likes to play guitar and wanted me to learn too...but I wanted to play drums. He said it wasn't a real instrument so I refused to play any instrument out of defiance. I love to sing and dance to music, which is funny because as a kid I thought my dad was really dumb/silly for doing just that. Damn it. hehe

Anyways, great to see you around Decaf; please make yourself at home! :D
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Welcome! Esp nice to have more WoW addicts in the crew =) I have 7 85s now and the other 3 are 81, 81, and 82. I have all the classes and like to play all roles and every expansion I seem to switch around on which one my "main" is, though right now it's my goblin warrior tank even though most of the raiding I've done is on my shadow priest. I just loooove goblins though, they're so awesome.

I also love jRPGs with my favorites being Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire 3, and multiple others. I REALLY hope they make a new BoF, as do a lot of people apparently, cause even Japan in a large poll said they'd rather get a new BoF than a new Monster Hunter, and Japan is batshit crazy over Monster Hunter. I am also terrible at RTS games so we will not speak of those D= It was definitely interesting though to see things and characters from the Warcraft RTS games in WoW, esp doing Mount Hyjal, I loved that battle.

I also love music of all kinds, though I find it odd that you'd bow out after 30 seconds of a song. Like for example, Liquid Tension Experiment has a song that's over 16min, there are obviously tons of change-ups in that, though my two favorites from them, Acid Rain (6:38) and Paradigm Shift (8:55) aren't nearly as long. But some songs have a lot of build-up, usually, if I'm unsure of a song I'll listen to a bit, skip, listen, etc. I'd have to say that my favorite genres though are rock, metal, dance/trance/techno (which I kinda lump into the same category) and game music (too many to name). The two that I'm not so fond of being Rap and country.
Last edited by RollCasket on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Decaf » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:45 am

I may have been somewhat unclear about music ;). Specifically there are a lot of songs that fall into the category of "I'd listen to it if it was playing, but I'd never buy it or play it myself", but songs that just hurt my musical senses I can tell quickly. I.e: Rebecca Black's "Friday", or a few songs by Justin Bieber. Nothing against them as musician's I just don't like the songs (there ARE songs I actually have enjoyed by Justin Bieber for comparison.)
Decaf
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Eccs » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Welcome to the Forums Decaf, been a bit busy/lazy recently so I haven't been on forums this month. /swt2

Anyway not too much gaming at the moment, but also looking to play the series of Monster Hunter games. I randomly found out about them by reading the manga that I stumbled across. I will be playing those once I can get my hands on some spare time.

Games I am playing at the moment are Assassins Creed 2+ Brotherhood, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Warlords battle Cry 2. I know 2 are more RTS type games, but recently most of the new release games haven't really sparked my interest. Y

>_< where are all those feathers and paintings >_<, I probably should refer to a guide but I'm too stubborn to do that

Yes I know you don't like RTS but Warlords battle cry plays a little bit like RPG if you have a strong hero, plus i like the quest shrines that are randomly placed on maps they make it kinda more RPGish.

As for music, I have a fairly similar concept as you of listening to whatever is on, but not playing voluntarily. My preference of music skips and changes a bit at the moment I have a thing for string instruments being used in any form of music classical or otherwise.
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!