[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Howdy, I be new
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Howdy, I be new

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Howdy, I be new

Postby Soeroah » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Hello alls. I made this account primarily to gush about how awesome those Ghost Trick t-shirts look, but I may as well say "hello", as well, so I did.

Obviously I'm a gamer, and obviously I love the comic- great art and humour! I share the comics with everyone I can.

I don't know, systems? I prefer Nintendo type games and systems, but I'm a big fan of other series like Prince of Persia, Kingdom Hearts, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Sam and Max. The DS is currently my system of choice until some more 3DS games come out, I love the RPGs and the anime-style games like Time Hollow, 999 and Professor Layton.

Sooo...hello!
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Re: Howdy, I be new

Postby Bear » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi Soeroah! When Pie and I saw your registration comment about the shirts, we were really flattered. Thanks for taking the time to register and post as well as the kind words, it really means a lot to us. =D

I will have to agree that the DS is probably the number 1 system in our house right now too. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that game companies are more willing to take risks on the system, so we see some more cool games for it. Even though the developments costs for the 3DS are higher, I hope we still see a lot of fresh stuff for it. Speaking of Nintendo games, have you seen the new Kirby Mass Attack game for the DS? It looks pretty cute and fun XD

Anyways, welcome to our little forum Soeroah, please make yourself at home =D
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:28 am

Why howdy dere pard-ner! I reckon I can't really keep dis 'ere manner o' speakin up too long so I'm gonna stop now D=

Time Hollow was pretty good, I assume you played Hotel Dusk and the Phoenix Wright games too right? If not you totally should, they are the awesome. Have you played all the Sam & Max games or just the newer ones? I can't remember if I played the older one or not but I THINK I did...or at least I might've played a short demo that was on one of the many other old adventure games...but I played the newer ones are least, or, most of them anyway.

I am totally rambling now and need to go to bed...graveyard shift is the sux
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Soeroah » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:50 am

Hi again- sorry for the multi-day delay!

I have..mabye seen the Kirby Mass Attack game? But I may be getting my wires crossed with the box art from Magic Mirror or something. I shall have to check in to it, though I've never played a Kirby game to be honest ^^; Currently playing one of the Kingdom Hearts DS games, then I have a little backlog of cliches (Pokemon, Zelda 3D) and a game called 'Avalon Code', which seems like it may be fun. Hopefully it's something like Radiant Historia, I did enjoy that game (time travel, dammit). I shall get to looking at Mass Attack now :p

Phoenix Wright I have played, the whole series (why not localising Investigations 2, raaaaaargh- also looking forward to PWvAA), Hotel Dusk I have not but I've heard good things about it, so I may yet pick it up. Usually games with time travel somehow just suck me right in- I'm looking madly forward to hearing more about Time Travellers by Level-5 and I want it to be localised, even though I've read cartons of milk with more information than has been released on that game.

Sam and Max, I have played what I -think- is all of them. Hit the Road was my first, then a period of nothing for like, twelve years, and then I found out about Telltale Games, bought the Wii version of Sam and Max Save the World (PC would have been better in retrospec, but enjoyed it). Then played the second season- it was an improvement on the first, the story was stronger and the episodes connected. It was funnier, to. Then I played the Devil's Playhouse (first time playing an episodic game as it was being released) and WOW, that was just brilliant. The music, the graphical updates, the story..my god, the story! It was just fantastic. It had references to previous Sam and Max games (I hesitate to use the acronym) all the way back to Hit the Road, it was hilarious...I have posters of the five episodes and I wanna get them framed to hang on my walls. Devil's Playhouse was just great, in my opinion.

Apologies again for delayed response!
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Pie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:05 am

Speaking of time travel...you HAVE played Chrono Trigger right? I hope so, it's pretty much my favorite game ever. If you don't count the CT remake my fav DS game is World Ends With You, which is made in part by the Kingdom Hearts crew. The Phoenix Wright games are very close though, but I admit to not really liking the Edgeworth game x.x

Yeah I haven't gotten around to some of the newest released Sam and Max games (you hesitate using the acronym? S&M? I'm afraid I have no idea why you would be) but I enjoyed the ones I played. I remember doing the christmas-y one...and then I think one more after...but I forget.

And...now...you get a very awkward reply ending sentence =O
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Soeroah » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:49 am

Yup, I've played Chrono Trigger, on the DS. Neat game and I enjoyed getting all the endings. I'm optimistic for a Chrono Cross remake on the 3DS at some point, to.

I'm hearing about a game called Chronoblade which seems to be similar to Braid but for the 3DS and made in Japan. Hopefully that turns out well.

But "Time Travellers" by Level-5 is supposed to...the director said it was going to use time travel in a way that wasn't in any other fiction? That's an incredibly bold statement, IMO, and I'm very curious. Plus, a time travel RPG set in a more modern city would be sweet. Spanning the ages and creating paradoxes is nice and all, but I do enjoy slipping around the space of a few years consistently rather than millenia.
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby RollCasket » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:59 am

Of course as many that played Chrono Trigger when it came out, I was disappointed by Chrono Cross...it wasn't until much later that I pulled it away from my CT pedestal and played through it that I found it wasn't such a bad game afterall, though still not nearly as good =P If they did remake it though I would totally get and play through it again. Haven't heard anything about a "Chronoblade"...or at least I don't think so anyway.

I'll keep a lookout for Time Travelers though, time travel stuff is always interesting and fun.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:39 am

Don't worry about late responses Soeroah! /no1 Sometimes I come on here and belt out a quick reply and return later to certain topics when I have some free time to write more. So I guess what I mean to say is just go at your own pace and no need to worry about late responses or even posting in old threads. =)

As far as time/dimensional traveling games! Oh man, this has got to be one of my favorite genres. I've always been a huge fan of the idea in all aspects of entertainment (anyone remember Sliders?! - OMG). I've not had a chance to get my hands on Radiant Historia but I would like to. I'll also keep an eye out for Time Travelers...this is the first time I heard of it, but if Level 5 is working on it, I'm sure it will be quite awesome.

Man, I loved Chrono Trigger so much and I even enjoyed Chrono Cross quite a bit, even with the...awkward translation. I think having such a strong impression of this series when Pie and I were younger and being such huge fans of Squaresoft in general, it really developed this sort of sourness to what they became. It's like the beloved Uncle you had as a child who would take you on his motorcycle as a kid...and then growing up and watching him to turn in to a complete loser. You love him...but god damnit...you cant help but being so frustrated at his development.

Also, while were on the subject - when Life in Aggro gets rolling full steam and Pie and I have the time, our next project (Chromatic Shift) will be show influences of time/dimensional travel as well as a few other, hopefully interesting, things. This will likely be a few years off, but we're hoping that if the manga comes along well that we can make a game of it eventually. We still have a long ways to go to get there, but we definitely want to head in that direction.

Also, , in case she was serious. /heh
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Oh no Bear, my totally completely innocent mind is ruined!

Whew, ok anyway, I have to agree with the Squaresoft uncle thing, even if it creates weird mental images. Not to mention, Square pumped out SO MANY games back then, and now they take freakin forever =P Even more sad is our other totally cool uncle Capcom is going down the same road x.x
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Next

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!