[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - G'day stranger!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

G'day stranger!

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

G'day stranger!

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Hey I'm Tehwilburforce (I'll take Wilbur, though if you don't feel like typing the whole name.) I'm really into video games and my occasional addiction to webcomics is what brought me here to this forum. I've really enjoyed the comic so far, especially because it makes mention of many lesser known games that I happen to enjoy like SMT: Persona and addresses issues in games like finding hidden items that I haven't really seen other comics do before. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks for being original. I can see that you guys are really putting a lot of yourselves into this comic. :mrgreen:

More about me, you say? Fine. I'm very much love Nintendo and Sony, though I do lean more towards Playstation when it comes to my fanboyness. I'm into any kind of game with a good story to tell. Writing and plot really matter to me in action-adventures, platformers, and RPG's. Some of my favorite games, in no particular order, are Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Pokemon Silver, Ace Combat, Okami, SMT: Persona 3, Tales of Symphonia, and Paper Mario. Right now, I am playing the PS re-release of FFIV. I didn't really grow up with any games like it since my first console was an N64, but I've really enjoyed it.

After this Christmas, I plan on starting a series of Let's Plays on Youtube. My first LP will be over Zone of the Enders, a rather awesome Mecha game. I've wanted an interesting personal project like this for a while now and I'm so excited that it's almost ready. I hope you guys will watch it sometime. /swt2

In addition to this new venture of mine, I write my own original stories and the occasional poem. If it's ok, I could post some of my work here. Most of what I write, I'd like to turn into games or anime someday, so I always enjoy feedback. Speaking of anime, I watch a lot of it. Currently, I am trying to polish off the second season of Ghost in the Shell. Overall, I'm glad to be here because I've been looking for a new gamer/nerd culture forum to frequent for a while. Thanks for being here on the interwebs, Forum in Aggro. :D

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Re: G'day stranger!

Postby RollCasket » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Oh I'll totally type it! "the whole name" there, bad joke out of the way =D

I used to be a big Sega fan when they were still relevant...I have all the systems and like different things/games on each of them but I like to slide towards Nintendo only because it's the cool thing to hate on Nintendo apparently and I think a lot of those people are missing out on some of the good games they have to offer =P

Though I've played a lot of exclusives for all the systems, somehow I never tried Sly Cooper and that was always one I was interested in trying, but they're making a new one now right? I'll try to get on the train with that one. The Tales series I've always liked...Symphonia and Vesperia among my fav, Symphonia still my favorite in the series. I'm pretty sure it was newest one, Tales of Xillia, that I played the japanese demo of but I dunno if that is gonna make it over here, we didn't even get Graces F.

Not that it's really up to me but I'm sure Bear or Pie wouldn't mind that you post...well, anything really, though hopefully in the right section. The forum isn't super active so anything for discussion I'd say would be good.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Oops, I thought about it before I started the post than forgot about it...but FFIV is my favorite Final Fantasy =P I can't remember if the PS1 version was tuned the same way...but I know the english FF2 was easier than the japense version, but the GBA FFIV (when they stopped fucking around with the numbers) was tuned back to original difficulty with an extra post game dungeon, so I think the PS1 remake was prolly the same. The DS one is a lot of fun also with the new graphics and the Augment system, although overall it makes the game easier with the right setups...though some battles slightly harder as enemies have augments as well. In any case, love FFIV, any version =P

Weee block of text.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:08 am

Oh, how I wish Sega had the same kind of attitude that they did in the early 2000's!!! I never got a Dreamcast until recently and because most of the good games are hard to come by, I've had to have a friend put the ROM's for games I want on re-writable discs. Feels a bit cheap, but, it's nice to be able to play stuff like Project Justice and Grandia 2. I do, however, have original copies of Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia and Dino Crisis. All of those make me wish Sega would try one more stint in the console business. The combination of properties on there and everything Sega did for the Dreamcast was just so cool. I love my PS2, but I sometimes I wish that Sony had dropped it completely, so Sega could keep the DC selling.

Also, FFIV is the first older 2D game that I've really gotten into. Other games like Super Mario Bros. and classic Mega Man are kind of impossible for me. I love old platformers, but they don't love me. /sob
Anyway, the story and visuals are fantastic. I don't care that Active Time Battle hadn't been created yet. The boss battles are still very intense without having to watch your ATB bar fill up. I've noticed that the characters are designed quite realistically. Their personalities and motivations are all very believable and though the story is kind of generic, (Trying to prevent a villain who plans to rule/destroy the world from obtaining objects which could make him unstoppable. Yeah... How many times?) it's the characters that really immerse you in the conflict because they act like people you could meet in real life.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:16 am

Oh! Also, about Sly Cooper... There is a fourth one being made for PS3, but there's also an HD collection of the first trilogy for PS3 as well. I'd highly recommend playing through that before Sly 4 comes out. I'm incredibly excited for the next game, but I'm so afraid of not having a PS3 yet when it comes out. :oops:

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Kerreth » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:28 am

FF9 or nothing. There is no other answer. /meh2

(Well, when the only FF's you've played are 7, 8, 9, X-2, 13, Tactics Advance, and Tactics A2)
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:13 am

Hi Tehwilburforce! Hmm...I will now refer to you as Wilbur, as I am incredibly lazy!

First of all before I gush on some other things in this thread, thank you so much for the encouragement! Pie and I really try to set ourselves apart, and sometimes I feel that we end up alienating ourselves from certain groups or even younger crowds. Hearing you mention us being original though is really heartwarming, so thank you.

You indeed have some great tastes in games. I absolutely LOVED the Sly series and was a huge huge fan of it when it launched. I devoured and loved the first two games, but something in the third game made me lose interest. It wasn't bad; I remember it being okay, but just not exceptional. Perhaps it was too much of the same at that point?? Not too sure.

Jak and Daxter was also amazing, but I'm more of a fan of the first game. When they went dark with Jak, I wasn't really into it; I felt it lost some of it's appeal for me at that point. I think it trying to be cool (GTA sandbox? really??) made it not cool to me lol

A friend of mine was into ZOE, and it was a title that I sort of missed, but it never grabbed me. I was really, really curious about ZOE2. It looked really awesome and I had planned on picking it up. Ahhh, the PS2...probably the most amazing console library ever, sadly that meant I had to pick and choose what I could get, and I could not get ZOE2 at the time. Pie is enthralled with it though.

Absolutely post away! I've met some of the most amazing people in my life online, and I would love to have a culture that grows out of our silly little comic. The idea of people one day meeting in real life or being good friends because of this community is definitely something I want to cultivate. Of course, the best way for that to happen is to share a piece of yourselves with the community; share your passions and interests and just enjoy the exchange =D

Welcome to our home, Wilbur! Get comfy and enjoy~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Bear » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:28 am

Oh, also! Jet Set Radio is amazing. One day we will do a comic on it...one day. Grandia 2 is also amazing, and I share your sentiments about how great the Dreamcast is.

FF6 is still my fave, FF5 is probably the one I wished I played the most. Tactics is absurdly good, but I can't speak to Advance and A2 as I missed them completely.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:40 pm

haha. Yeah. I'm just glad to finally see a comic where the creators are staying true to themselves and just making comics about what they want. Others have grown to be so popular that they just keep going to please their fanbase and, as a result, are running out of jokes because they usually stick to more mainstream games. There are a few that I've seen that still seemed to be just getting off the ground, like yours, but, even then, they felt like the creator just made them as a side project. The fact that you guys want to make this comic as a means of work is amazing to me. You aren't just some bored, jaded college kids doing this for fun. You want to take some risks and do something together that you can both enjoy as a career. Correct me if I'm wrong about that, but I still enjoy your comic, either way.

Thank you for letting me post my work here. I'm sure you'll like it. As for the games, I don't think I've ever known of such a place before where I could discuss games that are very important to me because not many people my age play many of the games that I do. I really think this will be an excellent place to come talk and geek out about stuff. Also, if my LP's really get going on Youtube, I'll make sure to promote and link to your comic and Kickstarter. I haven't bought anything from it yet, but I might just get the dinosaur shirt and the Mega Man shirt soon. They both look awesome!

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Also, I was wondering how I get the little class marker and start getting points on the little bar underneath my avatar pic. Is that based on posts or is it something entirely different?

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Next

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!