[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - G'day stranger!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

G'day stranger!

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Re: G'day stranger!

Postby RollCasket » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Hell yeah Megaman shirt! I'm just doing the shirt and hoodie combo since I have to get that Zelda in hoodie form, and the Megaman for me =P if it weren't for the fact that I just had to pay $500 on a car fix (ugh...) I woulda got one of the higher tiers, though I might change it as it gets closer to the end time.

As far as the forum class selection I THINK it doesn't show on certain forum skins. I can't check though cause I'm on my phone. This is a good opportunity though to plug Super Novice class zomg! Lol
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:13 am

Oh. I was just wondering where I go to specify what forum job I'd like to have. Seeing that my pic is of Vivi, I might as well be the Black Mage. /no1

Also, I was wondering how we level up and stuff. Does it have anything to do with posts?

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:22 am

It's just Ragnarok Online job classes, though there is a Mage class which is basically Black Mage since Acolyte (which goes into priest which I am now) is like the White Mage obviously.

But yeah, just has to do with post count...and in true RO fashion it takes forever to grind up, lol
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:44 am

Hmm, nope Wilbur, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Pie and I want to take it seriously and make a living at it. It is an interesting experience, to say the least. Coming from a regular employee background, I've always wondered how artists, particularly independent ones, could make a living doing what they love. Just like any field though, I'm learning that if you want something badly enough, you'll find a way.

Thanks for the compliments on the shirts! I'm happy to hear some positive comments on the Gas Prices shirt especially, since I was unsure of how it would be received.

Also, it looks like you figured out a way to get points; they are indeed setup to correlate to post count, and are based on Ragnarok Online currently. Perhaps one day I'll redo them and create several "classes" from a handful of really popular games and let people chose based on that. It sounds fun but it can be a bit labor intensive too, so I'll probably be lazy about implementing that for a while hehe
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Pie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Yay for having a similar list of favorite games! XD I admit that I've been a bit concerned that people who haven't had much exposure to the old classics when they were young might not be able to enjoy them nowadays, so I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying FF4. =)

Good luck at making your Let's Play videos, welcome to the forums, and I'm hope you enjoy yourself with us here! =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Tehwilburforce » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:04 pm

@Bear: That's awesome. I wish you two the best of luck then and I hope this comic becomes a huge hit. It certainly has the potential. A good mix of jokes on lesser known and more popular games is something that I haven't really seen before, so I look forward to seeing what else you guys do.

@Pie: Thank you!!! I feel like there's just so much I missed in my childhood, especially since I didn't get my first console until the N64 (which was probably in '98 when I was 5). Sometimes, even though I know there was almost nothing I could do about it, I wish I had seen the SNES somewhere and begged my parents to get it. When I was in middle school, I realized there were so many good games on the SNES and the original Playstation, which I missed as well. I go out and get those games because I think that's where some of the best stuff is to be had in all of gaming. I want to find out what people who grew up in the 80's and early 90's are gushing about when they talk about these older games and I think I'm only just starting to find out. It's also teaching me more about game design, so that I know what feels right and wrong in a game when it comes time to create my own (Did I mention that I want to be a director for a game studio someday, like Miyamoto for Zelda and Mario or Ken Levine with Bioshock?).

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Previous

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!