[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Hey hows everyone doing?
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Hey hows everyone doing?

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Hey hows everyone doing?

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi person who clicked this thread my names Deathbringer539. you can call me DB for short if you want. I came from the terraria fourms when the comic "Magically Delicious" was posted there and man i wasn't let down when looking at the rest of the comics. Anyway i like to game and draw.... about games. I can show some of it if anyone would like to see it... it sucks though. /swt2 I don't exactly know what kind of games i grew up with but all i know is that i was playing alot of nintendo. Im kinda shy and parniod that i will post something stupid on the internet so sorry if i don't wind up posting as much as other people. also if anyone would like to play something with me im always up for a game...as long as i have it. So I would love to talk with ya guys and hopefully i will stay on these fourms for a long time.
Big sword you say!? Im in :D
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Location: Somewhere blasting, N smashing stuff with a laser greatsword

Re: Hey hows everyone doing?

Postby Bear » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Heya DB! Welcome to our own little home; make yourself at home. =)

Don't worry about saying anything stupid; just be yourself, be honest, show respect to yourself and others, be open to new opinions and ideas, and have fun. Rules for life, really. Enjoy the exchange of information, media and ideas and share what fires up your own passions, no matter how silly you think it might be.

Hope you enjoy it here /ok
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Haha. Grew up with Ninty, eh? You and me, both, mate! Did you have a SNES or N64? Just trying to find out a little about you. I just recently found this forum, too and I love it here. You shouldn't be worried about posting silly stuff. I've already gotten one thread so off topic that Bear had to cut my post and move it to a new thread. lol. Just ask him. It's seriously really chill here, bro. No worries, alright?

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:39 am

Welcome to the forums! No need to be shy or worried. I'm pretty sure I've posted more random stuff than anyone, I have like multiple threads with the only replies being myself, so don't worry lol.

I'm also curious about the game details. Which games in particular really stuck with you? Any games you kept going back to? Come on! More talking and less...not...talking...or something?
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:05 am

*Talking mode activated*
wilbur i grew up with a n64 didn't play that many of the good games just a few here and there mainly the mario series. Oh does it still count as growing up with if im about to turn 16 because many of the older games now i see i would have loved to play and some of the games that ive played now i enjoy them much more then i would have back then.

Anyway Roll games that i know that stuck with me would be strangely pikmin. I dont know why i guess i just liked the way the game was. Never 100%ed it though... that friggn final boss. Mario series stuck with me and i kept on returing there just to reset my save point over and over. And i would play some rts games every now and then back then If i recall impossible creatures was one that i would play alot. but then came the days when i got my xbox and then the games i played often changed really quickly.
In a nutshell i can't remember all the games i played but a few in some places.

I gotta go get some new games now because i just need more games to enjoy.
Big sword you say!? Im in :D
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Location: Somewhere blasting, N smashing stuff with a laser greatsword

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Woot!!! I grew up with N64, as well. I had all of the good games that almost no one else had. DK64, Super Smash Bros., and Paper Mario occupied a lot of my time until I got a PS2 (In fact, I am replacing said PS2 that I've had for years soon because it has had problems with disc read errors on CD-based PS2 games that I recently bought). I am more of a Sony fan now, but I really do still have a special place in my heart for Nintendo. So much inspiration for modern games comes from old Nintendo ideas and many people overlook that fact.

Also, I feel the same way about having missed a lot of games in my childhood. I'm 18, so I had plenty of time to enjoy the SNES before the N64 or PS1 came out, but, unfortunately, I just never paid much attention to games before I got my N64 (most of my time then was spent watching cartoons like Animaniacs and Pokemon, but that is another story). Right now, most of the games I buy are from the beginning of the last generation console cycle or older, so, in a way, I'm really trying my best to catch up. /swt2

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Pie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forums DB! XD Like everyone said, don't worry about saying anything stupid here, just enjoy yourself. =)

I think it'd be cool if you'd want to share your art! XD You should think about it.~

@WilburForce- oh, got big on Paper Mario? Have you given Super Mario RPG a try? It's one of my favorites! /rice Highly recommend it! >.< I suppose though that you'd have to play it on an emulator though. ^^
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Mario RPG is awesome, a bit short for an rpg, but awesome. It's also avail as a virtual console title on the Wii as well. Even though I have it for snes, getting the Wiiware version was a good excuse to play it again =P
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Yay Yay! *hugs Roll!* lol Mario RPG! ;_;

I don't know why,l but reading you mention your love for it too made me very happy!! XD (though you didn't literally say "love" =x)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:11 am

Well, I love it enough to have gone through it...at least 5 or 6 times that I can remember. While it may not be my favorite, I REALLY love the music in Mario RPG and it has a lot of very different and cool environments. Plus, it has a lot of cool little details which I'm always a fan of, like when Mario and crew sorta "act out" what's happened to explain to the npcs and whatnot.

Then of course you got the timed battle system, Peach AND Bowser on your team, different weapons that you use/time differently, varied mini-games, and me rambling too much off topic >.>
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Next

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!