[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Saddle up and ride
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Saddle up and ride

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Saddle up and ride

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm never really sure how to start these things, but I'll give it a try.
So hi, I got here from the comic on the Terraria forums and just loved the stuff the guys here were doing. I wanted to join the community and really get into the things happening here, I'm not the kind of person that normally gets involved with this kind of stuff, but the community here isn't that big at the moment and I think that the best way is to start small.
Anyway, something about myself, I like skiing and I have been to Japan, Canada, Switzerland and France, I like metal, the music genre, all though my mates give me a bit of a tease about it every now and then, and like most people here I like gaming. I grew up very much with microsoft as my game provider with an xbox and pc, we never had a playstation and I am very disappointed to have missed out on the nintendo side of things.
I really hope that I can finally get really involved in the community and make some great friends along the way.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Re: Saddle up and ride

Postby Bear » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Thanks fixxxer! I have to admit, when I saw the triple X's, I immediately thought it was a bot registrant, but then of course your anti-bot message of "Don't be so mayo" proved once and for all you were legit hehe

Wow, it is impressive that you are so well traveled; that is really cool. Did you travel to those places just to skii or was it because of moving around with family or just vacationing? What are some of your favorite metal bands/songs?

Ma-yo self at home. =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:50 pm

I see im not the only one from the terraria fourms :D. You traveled to alot of places. How was it like to travel around ?
That kinda sucks that you couldn't play as many nintendo games as other people but hopfully you will fill that empty space of gaming in your life. Oh and one more thing welcome to the community.
Big sword you say!? Im in :D
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Location: Somewhere blasting, N smashing stuff with a laser greatsword

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:44 pm

I know it's been said already, but you get around quite a lot, my friend. If you did go to all those places to ski, did you also see some local culture as well, or just stick to the slopes? I love skiing, as well, but I haven't gone in forever. The extent of my experience is Attitash-Bear Peak in NH and Sunday River in Maine, so I guess I'm an amateur compared with you. lol.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks, you guys are all so welcoming, and in answer to your questions about my travel, no I didn't go just for the skiing, I went with my family. We went for about four to five weeks each time and spent the first half seeing the sights and enjoying the culture, then we go skiing after. Before Canada we went sight seeing around the States, mostly in LA, but we also went to Disneyland :D. we then met our cousins from, I think Houston, and then went skiing in Vancouver in the Silver Star ski resort, this was all during the Christmas holidays of 2005. This was the first time I had travelled over seas, so I got jet lagged and was a bit sick, but it was ok after that.

The same thing with Japan in 2007 Christmas holidays, we stayed in Tokyo and went to places like Kyoto and a lot of the castles in the area, one of the places I will never forget was our visit to Hiroshima. We then went skiing around the Haku'ba ski resort.

Then in the 2010 holidays we spent Christmas in Germany and went sight seeing around Germany and France, then my older brother came over, he loves skiing, and we went skiing at Mt Courchevel in France and then in Zermatt in Switzerland.

And my favorite metal band is Metallica, and I recently went to their concert in Adelaide in December 2010.

Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby RollCasket » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:51 am

Welcome to the forums! I've only been around the US myself, though I have been all around and did a lot of sight seeing so I'm definitely jealous cause it's a lot of fun. Hopefully I can venture out as much as you have.

As far as skiing goes I haven't done that since I was a kid, but if I ever go again I really want to learn to snowboard cause I think I'd have a lot of fun with it. Which of the places you skied at was your favorite? Also, yay Metalica! That's cool that you've seen em live too, that musta been awesome. Any other bands you're into? I ask mainly to see if there is anything I can recommend.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:03 am

Well, my favorite place to ski was probably in Courchevel. It was really cool because we stayed in a lodge in the small town and it was right at the bottom of one of the ski lifts, and it had these large windows that looked out onto the mountain. It was great because you would wake up, get some breakfast, put you gear on and then walk up to the lifts and ski for the day. There was also a really nice restaurant down the road which had a special, which was a large meat kebab that was hung from the ceiling above you table. And further up the mountain there was another restaurant where we had the best lunch and the waiter was really nice and took a photo of us. If you like I could figure out how to upload some pictures and show you.

In regards to the music, I also like Iron Maiden and my brother recently gave me an album by Mastodon which I liked.

Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Pie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Welcome to our Aggro forums Fixxer! =D Always great to have new people join us. ^-^
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:14 am

Thank's for the welcome Pie.

Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby RollCasket » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:12 am

The only place I've skied was in California, though I'm pretty sure it was two different places. All I can remember, since I was a kid both times, was the whole first time was spent learning, one of the times we stayed in a cozy little house near the mountain, and both times those near vertical slopes terrified me lol. I'm not the biggest fan of heights >.> One of these days I'll go back and learn to snowboard, avoid those vertical slopes, and still have fun lol.

Have you heard of In Flames? They're a bit more popular nowadays but they have some good stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfCAjb6B ... ata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmtPCjti ... ata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-CnH1Do ... ata_player

They're a bit on the harder side but without being too over the top. They also have some all instrumental songs like Jester's Dance and such.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Next

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!