[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Greetings and Salutations
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Greetings and Salutations

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Postby Luc of True Wind » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:31 am

Hello Nesta!

Welcome to the forums! It's so great to see more people with awesome taste in games /ok
I too love Chrono Trigger, Valkyrie Profile and Final Fantasy Tactics. I hope you enjoy our amazing little community here!
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Hey there Nesta! Glad to see you here and on the Steam group! I also quite enjoy RPG's. FF Tactics is amazing! Haven't seen much of the other two games you mentioned, but I plan to play Chrono Trigger someday, as I have the PS1 re-release.

On another note, I am also a writer. Though I haven't posted any of my stuff here, I'd be glad to read your stories if you'll read mine. We can trade criticisms. It'll be great! /no1

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:24 pm

G'day nesta and welcome to the fourms :mrgreen:
and yes i dont have much to talk about right now :/
Big sword you say!? Im in :D
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Location: Somewhere blasting, N smashing stuff with a laser greatsword

Postby Bear » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:53 pm

So perusing through your stuff, I noticed your lists are different between Giant Bomb and Unikgamer haha. I guess Pokemon fell out of grace HARD? Orrrrr? lol I think it's cool you have a pretty diverse list and tastes are kinda all over (similar to me).

Anyways, I didn't realize that you could hold down select for a very easy mode in Catherine; that's pretty interesting. Reading that bit made me want to go back and play the game on a harder mode to see how challenging it gets. I think I passed it on normal the first time?

Portal 2 too long? Oh man. I loved every minute of it haha. I loved how much of the story was told through the environment, and I just enjoyed them fleshing out the world of the lab. I spent quite a bit of time just wandering around the environments checking stuff out. Hopefully we can get a second copy of the game one day so Pie and I can play the multiplayer together~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby TheNesta » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Thank you all for the warm greetings! I feel welcome! /thx

Luc, awesome name. I love the Suikoden series as well!

Tehwilburforce, that sounds great!

Bear, Ah, lol. Yes, let me explain about the unfortunate thing with unikgamer. See, you have to add games from a database, and when it comes to adding a game to a "of the Year" list, you can only add games that were originally released that year. So, in the Pokemon example, it wouldn't let me add Black/White to my 2011 list, because it came out in Japan in 2010. It's very frustrating! And because of that, the "of the Year" list are far more accurate on my Giant Bomb page. I'm not that fickle! /shy

I played Catherine through on Easy and it was still pretty rough for me! I'm just not that well suited for puzzle games it seems. And I know a lot of people were getting frustrated with it too who just wanted to play it for the story. So, even though I did enjoy that initial experience, frustrating as it may be, I was really excited when I discovered "Very Easy". It pretty much makes the game a breeze, and if you want to just see the story, or replay the game for different endings- It's very useful!

And yeah, Portal 2, what can I say? /shy

The first Portal is one of my favorite games, and I think I might have expected... maybe not too much from Portal 2, but definitely an identical experience. So when I tried to shoot through the game in one, or two sittings, and found that, in fact, this game is pretty long and I couldn't tackle it the same way I did Portal, it was just a bit jarring. When it came time to do my GOTY list though, I really sat down and thought about it, and was like, "You know? Portal 2 was pretty great actually". So, even though it only made the tenth spot. I still like it a lot. I would like to try the co-op at some point too though.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Bear » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Yeah, I figured that Portal 2 still is a pretty important game for you for the year, cause the image I get of you is that you play a LOT of games, so making it onto the top 10 list has to say something.

I mean, I've never even heard of To The Moon before I read it in your blog.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Bear » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Okay okay, so apparently I HAVE HEARD about To The Moon. I even watched a trailer on it. Leave it to Pie to keep me in line because I am terrible at names.

Anyways, the sprite work looks amazing, but the video that she showed me of it with the creator lazily talking over the video explaining the premise of the game kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Not that I wrote it off, just that I felt like "come on man! you are making an awesome looking game and you half ass the voice-over that is meant to sell people on your game. Whyyyyy??? T-T" lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby TheNesta » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Ahh, I didn't actually watch that video, but it sounds bad, lol. I just heard a lot of word of mouth, singing the praises of the game, and picked up the demo. Was sold on it after about 10 minutes. I'd suggest at least checking out the demo and seeing if you like the writing. If nothing else, it does look really nice, and the soundtrack is beautiful.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Bear » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Yeah, I am interested in the game and didn't even know that there was a demo available. I'll have to check that out =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Pie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:50 am

Welcome to the forums Nesta! XD Yay for Game Passion! =D
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Previous

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!