[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Introduction Stage
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Introduction Stage

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Re: Introduction Stage

Postby Alexx » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:57 am

Yeah I meant Xenoblade and have no idea how Xenosaga came out...I did that reply on my phone while at work so I must not have been paying attention o.O

For CT I did have one that I maxed everything on, and man is Crono ever stupidly overpowered lol. Also used that file to burn through and get EVERY ending which one or two were harder to figure out how to get. Of course now the DS ver has that endings collection thing that keeps track of em so I'll eventually have to fill that whole thing up =P

I also have some problems with Chrono Cross...>.> I mean the game is still ok, but I woulda liked it more if I wasn't so disappointed while playing it that it wasn't like CT. Even then the premise of the story and certain things the happen and the needlessly complicated way you had to fight the last boss...etc etc.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Farore » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:31 am

As someone who never used Steam until joining the forums I can promise that it's pretty easy to work with. The only unfortunate thing is that you can't join the group chat until you purchase something through steam.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:29 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Farore » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:20 am

Oh man, I know how that is. If I can get something on a console rather than PC I do. I hate playing with a keyboard so much. It isn't so much the keyboard as the mouse though, and I think I finally figured out what it is. If any mouse movement that does not require a click moves the screen it makes me feel carsick. We played Dungeon Defenders this weekend and I tried a round using the keyboard; I didn't realize there was built in voice chat with open mic. Almost positive that some poor people heard my pitiful whimpering.

If you do end up playing anything that you want to use a controller for may I suggest you use a wired X360 controller. As I found out wireless ones cannot be plugged in with a play and charge cable but require a Wireless receiver. PS3 could be plugged in with the charge cable but needed drivers.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Welcome to the forums Alexx! XD

yes, Chrono Cross... Great music, but I think they really tried too hard to make it a sequel when all the blocks just weren't there. '_' A few things I want to say about the game:

Don't you love:
1) how they brought back Robo from Chrono Trigger?... Just so they can KILL HIM just a few seconds after Serge and party meet him for the first time!
2) how much trouble it was to read dialogue since she had such a strong accent and her dialogue was all written phonetically?

Also, I couldn't stand how would speak some French, but do it very wrong. -_-
English ----> French
"I" ----> "Je"
"Me" ----> "Moi"
It didn't matter if Pierre meant to say "I" or "me," he always said "Moi." >.<

I also couldn't stand how spoke with a "Australian or British Cockney accent". Especially since she was the heroine of the story. Because of it I couldn't take her seriously. -_- -Not to say I don't like Australian or British accents, but I just couldn't get immersed when she was around. >.<

aaaargh, and I can't stand how it seemed like they tried to add Chrono Trigger references JUST for the sake of doing it! >.< -and like you said, how some of the facts in Chrono Cross didn't correlate with Chrono Trigger facts. One being that Chrono Cross claims that human existence was the result of evolution that was triggered by Lavos falling to Earth, but in Chrono Trigger, Ayla and her tribe existed before Lavos fell. '_'

There's more, but I'll stop. =x sorry for the rant guys. @_@
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:26 pm

I do agree with Pie on the accent thing. I think Australians are very under represented when it comes to games, and when they do appear they are mostly the stereotypical G'day mate Aussie. For example in Dead Island one of the first people you meet has a very cliche accent. Also, the character Miranda from Mass Effect is voiced by an Australian, but personally I hate her guts.

But anyway.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Tehwilburforce » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:39 pm

An actual retro gamer? Who would rather die than play Halo (or even Mario 64)? I didn't even know those actually existed. lol. Anyway, welcome to our corner of the interwebs. As I have told many others before, I am the town pyro and Bear usually manages to keep me out of trouble (barely). I was still a wee youngling when such games as Chrono Trigger were all the rage, but I am still trying to discover games that I never had the chance to play (I have the PS re-release of CT as a matter of fact). I'm really glad to see that we now have a really unique gaming perspective amongst our group.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby ThePaul » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:02 pm

I thought that dood was from New Zealand, Fixxxer
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Ah yes, I do believe you are right Paul. My mistake.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

PreviousNext

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!