Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

The Adventure Begins

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Re: The Adventure Begins

Postby RollCasket » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:31 am

I was so busy reading Bear and Farore's exchange last night that I forgot to say welcome to you myself =O

Ah Xenogears...if not for the beginning of that 2nd disk...>.> For that matter, ah Xenosaga with that 2nd game, lol. Xenosaga 1 and 3 were good and fun though. It's funny, but I played Xenogears shortly after watching Evangelion and it reminded me of it in a lot of ways, still does really. I love the combo system for those games, only other game with something like that was Legend of Legaia.

I know what you mean about drawing as I have to be under pretty specific circumstances to produce anything decent. Feel free to share some pics if you feel up to it though, everyone is nice here =)
ImageIcon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Luc of True Wind » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Hello there Adol! Welcome to our community /no1

You will fit right in since all of us love video games just as much. Glad to have you here /ok
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Adol The Red » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Ah Xenogears...if not for the beginning of that 2nd disk...>.> For that matter, ah Xenosaga with that 2nd game, lol. Xenosaga 1 and 3 were good and fun though. It's funny, but I played Xenogears shortly after watching Evangelion and it reminded me of it in a lot of ways, still does really. I love the combo system for those games, only other game with something like that was Legend of Legaia.

Heh. Yeah it seems seconds didn't do so well in either xenogame. Of course, there were still things I enjoyed about Xenosaga 2. For one, they brought in Yuki Kajiura to do most of the music. Of course I'm a fan of Mitsuda, but there was a while when Kajiura's Xenosaga work was all I would normally listen to. Also, I just felt her style really fit the series. I think episode 3 was my favorite of them, though. Certainly my favorite KOS-MOS, and it had the best mech fighting.

As for Xenogears, well, I'm biased so even with the second disc I still love it. Not that I don't stop to think about what it could have been. Or what a remake could be... And Legend of Legaia. Haven't thought about that in ages. Was fun, but I never managed to get all the way through it. I did enjoy the fighting, and how your armor changed your character model. I'd consider digging it out, but I've got a list lined up, and I've decided to take another stab at Saga Frontier. Probably gonna pick up Tales of Graces f, too. Man, glad I got through Mass Effect so quick, or I wouldn't know what to do.
Epic drums, brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:46 pm

I just realised that I haven't said hi to you yet.

So Hi!
I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Tehwilburforce » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:12 pm

G'day! I'm Wilbur and I'm the local pyro. Bear has to watch me to make sure I don't burn important posts. :3

Anyway, I must say you have awesome taste in games. Xenosaga is the nuts. I shall try to procure Xenogears one day. It looks great!

Also, I am a writer as well, though I haven't made anything new in a while. I'll try to post something soon and I encourage you to post stuff too, so all the writers on here can get a good look at each other's work.
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks, I'll think about posting. Problem is, latest thing I'm working on is an episodic series that averages about 25 to 30 pages an episode. Might be too big for a post (though maybe a file or something. I've never posted my stuff anywhere so I don't really know how this works. I've also never been confident enough in it to show it off yet). And I do remember my days of being a pyro. Never burned the house down either!

Xenogears has its issues but really is a great game. It works differently than Xenosaga; the battles work on a sort of combo system. If you ever do get around to it you'll see where a lot of the inspiration for some things in Xenosaga came from.

Also, for some reason I feel its necessary to point out to this board that I do love Chrono Trigger as well. I haven't mentioned my fondness for much of the NES, Genesis, and SNES era, but it is there.
Epic drums, brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Previous

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!