[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Hello There
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Introductions Hi! I'm New Here!

Hello There

Welcome! Come on over and tell us a bit about yourself~

Hello There

Postby Fenreil » Sat May 02, 2015 6:04 pm

Hey, I'm Fenreil.

Quiet, unassuming, nerdy. I doubt you're unfamiliar with the type.

Why am I here? I'm not a longtime fan of the comic, quite the opposite. Came across it a few months ago, liked what I saw, and binged my way through it. Really, I was surprised to find how relatively unknown this lovely little work is, so I figured I might hang around for a bit. You know, brighten things up with my clearly incredibly cheerful demeanor.

What do I play? Well, DotA 2, mainly. Currently 'on' in my on again, off again relationship with FFXIV, and also been spending some time with Project Reality, a mod for Battlefield 2. Other than that, Dark Souls I & II, Civilization V, Town of Salem, and some other stuff is usually what I'll be playing. Currently looking forward to Tales of Zestiria, Persona 5, Squad, Heavensward, Mirror's Edge 2, and some other things I can't remember.

What are my interests? Video games, obviously. After that, Anime, Webcomics, and fantasy in general, I suppose. Used to be an avid reader, and I still love books, but I'm finding them harder to get into. Ironic, considering I'm in the middle of writing my own crappy novel.

So that's it, really. If you see a Fenreil out there in the wild somewhere, it's almost definitely me. Feel free to check out my MAL page or Steam account if you're curious for some weird reason. I'll try to post when I can, help keep things moving, you know?
Fenreil
Novice LV 8/7
Novice  LV 8/7

Re: Hello There

Postby Rei » Sat May 02, 2015 7:09 pm

Heyo Fenreil, welcome to the forums.
Quite a few of us are on FFXIV, enjoying it very much with our group.
I've played FFXIV since beta 1.0, but i didn't play too much as i did not have anyone to play with, and more again during release, and 2.0. But finally came back to it like last month to play with people from here on the forums and i've been SUPER hooked on the game due to it.

What server do you play FFXIV on?
Rei
Thief LV 52/40
Thief  LV 52/40

Postby Fenreil » Sat May 02, 2015 8:13 pm

I made my first char on Faerie, a decision based off of XIV Soul's population data, which turned out to be wholly inaccurate, so I made my new one on Gilgamesh, which was apparently the largest and most active. It's really nice seeing so many people in towns, and participating in FATEs.

I really enjoy FFXIV, but I always end up leaving it alone for a while after each subscription month. It's really fun, and I'd love to go further into it, but I get really anxious, haha. Plus, I'd really love to do content blind with people, but there's no way in hell I'd willingly subject random people to that. And, you know, there's always the monetary side of things...

Going from PSO2 to FFXIV was a great transition. I really feel like this game is actually trying to give me interesting things to do, not just trying to weasel me out of money.
Fenreil
Novice LV 8/7
Novice  LV 8/7

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi there mate, welcome our little spot on the interwebs.

I also play a fair amount of Dota 2, mainly as a support, though every one likes to carry. Got a bunch of mates I play with on a regular basis. You're always welcome to join us.

So yeah, welcome and enjoy your stay /heh

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Fenreil » Sun May 03, 2015 10:14 am

I main support, myself. Helping people is fun, and no one wants to play a game without a support.

As for playing together, feel free to look me up, if you want. I'm not too sure about how active I'll be in the near future, though...

Oh, and thank you for the welcome. /lv
Fenreil
Novice LV 8/7
Novice  LV 8/7

Postby Pie » Wed May 06, 2015 12:20 am

Hi Fenreil! =D Welcome to our humble little forums! I'm flattered by your very kind words about the comic. Thank you very much. -^ ^-

XD Yay Tales, Yay Persona, Yay Final Fantasy 14!! XD

It’s a shame that you’re not on Siren with us. >.< As you can probably tell from our FF14 comics, some of us like to go into encounters blindly too. A lot of us appear to be understanding, patient, and actually seem to enjoy joining in on the experimentation and deaths so all’s good. XD

It’s interesting to hear that you’re playing on Gilgamesh. =3 My ears perked up because I recently learned that it’s a major RP server! I’ve always been curious, but never had the chance. >.<

Have a seat by the hearth and make yourself comfortable. =D I hope you enjoy your time here with us. ^-^
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:54 am

Us support players have to stick together /no1

Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Fenreil » Wed May 06, 2015 9:33 am

@Pie

Bear's post about going into encounters blindly was such a wonderful summation of my own feelings on the matter that I just had to know more about the people responsible.

I wasn't aware of Gilgamesh having RP activity, but now that I think about it, I do remember seeing some local chat that fits that description...

In any case, thank you for your welcome! This seems like a lovely place.

@Fixxxer

Truly, we are the unspoken heroes of DotA.

What heroes do you tend to play? My main man is Rubick. Help your team and humiliate your foes with their own spells at the same time, what could be better?
Fenreil
Novice LV 8/7
Novice  LV 8/7

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:02 pm

I main Crystal Maiden, she is by far my best hero. I don't like to brag, but I'm a pretty damn good CM lol. And then I've got my favourites, Centaur, Spirit Breaker, Weaver, Doom, Sand King, Legion, Earth Shaker, Void. Gotta have some nice variety, problem is you can never trust people so support when you want to carry /sob

Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Fenreil » Thu May 07, 2015 12:47 pm

@Fixxxer

*Looks at listed heroes*

Well, I can appreciate you going against your instincts for the benefit of your teammates, but damn dude, you clearly seem to have a different calling, haha.
Fenreil
Novice LV 8/7
Novice  LV 8/7

Next

Return to Hi! I'm New Here!