[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - /twitch
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Rants Archives

/twitch

/twitch

Postby Farfie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:57 pm

I'm RO deprived. ._.

...still 10 days until finals are over. Then I have to go to my parent's house for a month, where they have satellite internet. That means that any freakin' cloud in the sky causes their internet to go down. They're also in the country and have frequent power outtages. And in case that wasn't enough--- My dad claims the wireless router is dying, and my laptop refuses to recognize when it's plugged in directly with an ethernet cable. @_@;

Also, I'm supposed to be working 40+ hours a week during break (yay, monies!). When I called to tell them I was coming, they were super excited that I was going to be there to help out, and said they would call me back in 2 days to let me know details. ...It's been over a week. x_X; If they forgot to add me to the schedule I'mma be pissed. ><

I have 20$ left in my bank account because Mediacom employees are morons that refuse to do their job correctly. They owe me over 200$ now, and STILL haven't fixed the problem, and don't plan on giving me my money back. My one-year package plan ended, and as a result, my charges doubled--- Fine, so I requested a downgrade. I've been on them since end of August to stop screwing up with my account. It took two months (8 appointments later) to get someone to come and downgrade my service (it wasn't even his job to do so, he went out of his way to help me out 'cuz he thinks his coworkers are incompetent--- they are). Then another idiot at the company didn't edit my account info correctly, and failed to note the downgrade... They've been telling me lies saying that they've fixed the problem, and that I will be reimbursed the following month multiple times. I demanded to speak with their supervisor--- They refused. I found their corporate office and went there in person to demand they fix my account, bringing my receipts and paperwork showing that my services were indeed downgraded. --- "Oh, wow, this is a manager issue!" NO FCKING SHIT SHERLOCK! (pardon my language) So, they tell me that they will show the manager my paperwork/receipt copies and that they will call me within 24 hours having resolved the issue. Twenty-four hours pass... no call. I got a call 2 days later, while I was at class (couldn't answer it ><), and the manager left me a quick 10 second voicemail, "I have fixed your account and you will be credited 60$. You will only be charged 40$ this week when your payment is due." Uhhh... that's great, but they owe me over 200$ now. >_>; THE BEST PART IS.... I got charged today... 122$ again, not 40$ (my credit card is charged automatically every month). She left her extension for me to call her back if I have any questions... I called her back 5 min after she called me that day, and 4 times a day at various times every day since then... I either get a "(insert manager's name) does not have this feature set-up" message or when I'm able to get through to her assistant, they tell me she's not in her office and "You have her number," refusing to take a message.

Wtf.

N>Hug.
I has no sig! :(
Farfie
Acolyte LV 52/40
Acolyte  LV 52/40

Location: Iowa, Illinois, or North Carolina depending on time of year...

Re: /twitch

Postby Connaitre » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:46 pm

wow.... that sounds like an assload of suck... just throw a molotov cocktail thru their windows or something >.<
Connaitre
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Maki » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:30 pm

/hug /pat :|
Maki
Mage LV 25/18
Mage  LV 25/18

Postby AlmightyJoshbo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:24 am

know what works for the mediacom thing? call your credit card company and tell them you lost your card at a bar. they'll issue you a new card with a new number, mediacom will call you when its time to pay again and your card number is declined, settle the issue when they call refusing to give the new number until things are fixed, insist on talking to a supervisor. just make sure to take out enough cash to last until the new card comes(usually a week).

as far as your laptop not connecting to the internet with an ethernet cable, make sure to turn off the wireless switch, then make sure you have a box in "Connections" under control panel for a LAN line. If not select set up a new connection, its a self explanatory walk through. If there is, plug in the ethernet cord and see if it the connection lights up. OR Before doing any of that, try turning off the cable/satelllite modem, turning off the router, and turning off your laptop. Count to 30 and turn on the modem, count to 30 and turn on the router(if no router skip this step), count to 30 and turn on your laptop. You can't just unplug a router or computer from a modem and plug it into another one while its on, the settings for the modem need to be reset for the new device, although a select few modems/routers can do that, most need to be rebooted first and enough time for the power to drain out for it to return to default, 30seconds is usually fine, if not try 2 minutes, moe than 2 minutes and its not the issue.

hopefully this helps?
I hate how much I love myself.
AlmightyJoshbo
Thief LV 11/1
Thief  LV 11/1

Postby Connaitre » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:46 pm

haha josh you should open a customer service line for net probs. then charge ppl, money for dudes and boobies from girls! be perfect for you ^^
Connaitre
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Farfie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:06 pm

My problem is more complicated than that. For instance, I have a defect in my computer that doesn't allow the network connection page to show. I know how it's supposed to be set up... spent 2 years doing it when I worked with an IT department. Thanks for the tips though. :P
I has no sig! :(
Farfie
Acolyte LV 52/40
Acolyte  LV 52/40

Location: Iowa, Illinois, or North Carolina depending on time of year...

Postby Trez » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:36 pm

Well hope everything works out =(

Trez
High Archer LV 11/1
High Archer  LV 11/1

Return to Archives