[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Doddler & The Valkyrie GM Team
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Rants Archives

Doddler & The Valkyrie GM Team

Doddler & The Valkyrie GM Team

Postby Bear » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Wow, I guess I'm glad I didn't head over to Valk server. Looks like Doddler has been promoted to GM and is having his way with the server over there. I respect the information and guides he gives to the community, but I can't help but feel like the guy is running wild with his guildies on the new Valk server.

First, server exp and drop rates were suddenly jumped to 100% of normal rates. Then after he bitches on his blog about how expensive enriched elu / ori is, GMs suddenly reduce prices on them (in valk only) to make them more attractive. The GMs then look to changing WoE times and whether WoE1 / WoE2 should happen at the same time for all servers. Doddler's stance? There isn't enough competition, so lets increase the frequency. Also, lets stagger WoE days from premium and Valk servers so people who want to play both can. (I'm guessing so they can keep cross-server domination)....Insanity.... :roll:

This week Valk server gets exclusive Kafra shop items. For one, they get rental items of good gear to assist with leveling that last 1 week at a time. Also quite interesting is that they get Convex Mirrors before any of the so-called "premium" servers. Convex mirrors, by the way, is an item to detect where on the map an MVP is and what the spawn time will be if it is already dead.

Funny that Doddler also wishfully hoped that iRO would see this very item sometime soon. All coincidence? Seems rather unlikely.

So, for those wishing for a fresh start on Valk server, I wouldn't be too hopeful about that happening. Valkyrie (the guild that Doddler is in) is made up of former Alpha/Insurrection members; those who ran the one-sided alliance on Loki that many have said destroyed much of the fun there. I see people migrating over to Chaos from Loki a lot recently too, just to get away from their crap. Oh, and because of them hardcoring, they already have all of the WoE2 god item pieces (with necessary fort econ and defense to actually make the items), as well as a huge amount of WoE1 god item pieces.

My only joy is that because of the Valk server bleeding these guys dry by nickel and dime-ing them to death, all servers will hopefully benefit from longevity. Now if they would only market the god damn game...

-Wiz 8-)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Doddler & The Valkyrie GM Team

Postby Trez » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:23 pm

About convex mirrors, I guess it doesn't really concern us much now, but once we get more into MvPing I think it will be useful for smaller guilds like us to compete with some of the bigger MvP guilds. Also it does seem Valk is getting a lot of attention right now, I guess there are just focusing on Valk first as a way to attract new players, but Heim said that there is also a lot in store for the premium servers in the future, and he does understand that premium servers are not so premium now. So hopefully we get some good updates soon.

Trez
High Archer LV 11/1
High Archer  LV 11/1

Postby Subaru » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:54 pm

I know I am bumping old post but oh well

How much are enriched on valk?
They are really expensive though on normal servers :(
Especially if the item you are trying to make breaks.
Also I think they should decrease the cost of life insurance. Life insurance just makes it so much more fun to play and to explore newer harder places without the constant worry of loosing large amounts of exp.

I am not that happy to read what wiz was saying about valk though.
They should always put first the servers that people pay subscription for first.
Subaru
High Priest LV 98/69
High Priest  LV 98/69

Postby Neraid » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:33 pm

I think the cost of life insurance is good - it's cheap enough that you can use it while exploring, but it's not so cheap that you use it all the time; this way you don't see lots of people leveling in places that they can't survive in. Also, it is pretty cheap if it lasts the full 30mins - but then it's not much use!
Neraid
Stalker LV 97/66
Stalker  LV 97/66

Postby Subaru » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:19 am

Speaking of insurance, mine ran out when I was on 99.7% at nameless. That was quite scary few 0.3%
Subaru
High Priest LV 98/69
High Priest  LV 98/69

Postby Mocha » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:17 am

... /shy
Mocha

Return to Archives