[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Everything related to games~

Re: Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Postby fox » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:32 pm

fox
Wizard LV 73/40
Wizard  LV 73/40

Postby Luc of True Wind » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:54 pm

Yeahhh the air combos are harder to do here /sigh
The opponent falls to quickly and sometimes when you try to jump up to follow up (at least with the game cube controller) your character does a move instead /shy
I still really like the game though, I hope to get an arcade stick soon /lv
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby fox » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:33 pm

fox
Wizard LV 73/40
Wizard  LV 73/40

Postby RollCasket » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:44 pm

I actually bought a japanese Wii and pre-ordered this game when I heard about it. This was partly because at the time it was looking like it was NOT coming out here at all and I had to have it. Of course it obviously did come out here much later...and I then bought that too /swt

I don't regret it though because there are a few differences in the american release...a few different characters being the biggest, but they also changed the opening, took out the animated endings (this made me sad cause so many of them were awesome) and have completely different music. The music is up and down...I like some of the tracks for the US ver, but the coolest thing about the japanese ver was that it had character themes for music (just like MVSC 1) that changed up whenever characters came in. Oh, and the jap ver also had different mini-games for each character.

Personally I use the classic controller...I've been playing fighting games since the Sega and SNES so I'm much more fast and efficient with the controller as opposed to a stick, though I can use them ok (have a nice Hori stick). As far as characters I use Batsu almost always, and the 2nd character depends on my mood...Roll, Megaman, Zero are often picked, but almost always Karas is my number 2 guy.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Yeah yeah! I think it's totally awesome how Tatsunoko vs Capcom (jp) had switching character theme songs in the background! That's one of the things I loved so much about Marvel vs Capcom and one of the main reasons why I like the first more than the second. I sucks so much that they took that and the animated movies out of the American version. I personally would prefer to have the Japanese version over the American if I had a choice. =o I don't remember which character was added to the American Version to replace the missing Japanese Genie Tatsunoko character, but I'm still thinking the addition doesn't amount to the missing content.

According to Wikipedia , Phoenix Wright was apparently "sought" by the development team to be added to the roster but the idea was scrapped due to difficulty in figuring out his attacks. It would have been sooo coooooool!~ XD -such a shame.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Actually it was more than just 1 replacement. I forget the exact added characters and I'm too lazy to look atm...but basically they ditched just the genie (hated him anyway) and gained 3 characters...so 2 characters more overall.

But yeah, Phoenix Wright couldn't work apparently because they used word bubbles for the special attacks and when translated into english it made them way too large and thus made him overpowered =P I thought it was kinda funny personally...but yeah it still woulda been cool
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise