[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Megaman Online new gameplay footage!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Megaman Online new gameplay footage!

Everything related to games~

Megaman Online new gameplay footage!

Postby RollCasket » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:03 am

I literally just saw this this morning and now have to change my pants. For anyone that doesn't know me the idea of a Megaman X style online action rpg is like video game sex, or maybe even a video game orgy of sex. There are two videos in the link, the first one shows someone playing this one level solo, and boy is he ever terrible, makes me a little sad inside x.x The next video is a more trailer-style gameplay vid with some multiplayer action in. WANT. THIS. GAME. /rice

http://www.destructoid.com/hot-new-rock ... 7998.phtml
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Megaman Online new gameplay footage!

Postby RollCasket » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:08 am

It's also in the links on that page but apparently there was another teaser-style trailer so here it is directly. Also, X plus Rock, totally awesome /lv

http://www.destructoid.com/another-rock ... 7980.phtml
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:29 am

Ok now it looks like I'm just inflating my posts x.x but I found another gameplay vid that shows Zero in that first stage (plus the music!) and MMX in a different one. I am loving the boss music, wish the sound quality were better /sob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DeXQbi ... re=related

all the other links seemed to be multiple of the same vids so I think this is it for now /swt I'll prolly try and keep this thread active as more info/vids/whatever becomes available.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:59 am

I have to say that the game looks pretty interesting. I'm really surprised that the article says that it is for Korea only - I thought it was being developed in Korea but with plans to do an international release. I guess that it will depend on player demand but now that Inafune (designer/drive behind the series) has left Capcom, I'm curious what is in store for Capcom's international releases. Capcom has actually lost a lot of really important people due to apparently bad management, which is sad.

Anyways, I'm curious how the game plays on a keyboard. I think that is why the player looks so stiff in his actions. I thought earlier in the video that it would be fine as long as you can use a controller, but then they used a finishing move on a boss with quicktime event using keyboard keys, so I'm not sure how that would work out.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm thinking...and hoping...that there's enough demand that they'd have to bring it over here. There are quite a few games made in korea that companies like OGPlanet and others bring out over here so I'm sure something as popular as Megaman has a pretty good shot. Capcom has been one of my fav companies though, I hope they continue to put out good stuff even with the loss of Inafune. I also hope he helped out with Legends 3 a good bit before he left /pif

I dunno if you saw all the vids but on the last one with Zero and X playing it looks better, I think it was just a bad player in the first one (which made me a bit sad to watch x.x). Regardless, with something like joy2key you can just map whatever you want to the joystick buttons, that's how I played Dragonica Online.

Either way, I can't wait...I wonder if I should just mail them all my money now D=
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:30 am

cool, thanks for the links Roll. =D I can't help to feel a little skeptical at the idea that Capcom will give the rights to release a Megaman title in the states to another company. ._. It's just a feeling. -though I think I might just be thinking this due to my disappointment of Sega clinging on to the Sakura Wars and Namco with their Tales franchises for so many years. >.<

It was a real surprise seeing a few familiar bosses. XD Sting Chameleon is definitely one of my favorite boss designs out of the whole series. =D I hope they show some footage of the character creation process (if there is one. '_') and game play of classic Rockman! XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:07 pm

No problem, I knew you'd want to see them just as much as me =) I think this is different though, cause like I said, there are quite a few korean mmos that get put out here that it just seems weird that they wouldn't. Regardless...I WILL find a way to play it if it doesn't >.>

I'm not so sure if classic Megaman is a playable character or not =X From all the videos and such it seems as if he just makes appearances to come in and save your butt at random times. Course it's hard to say at this point till more info comes out, as it is they were also saying Cinnamon was confirmed to be in there (the healer bot from Command Mission) but it wasn't clear on if she'd be playable or it's just another cameo/helper/whatever.

As far as the bosses go I wouldn't be surprised at this point to see all the bosses in like all MM games, or close to all. Seeing how it's more MMO style you'll likely be playing some stages multiple times so you gotta have some variety in there. At the same time, I'm curious to see all the "finishing moves" for each boss...the Pharaohman gut-punch finisher was awesome /rice
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:54 pm

WHAT?! /omg I haven't even thought the possibility of classic Megaman just being a cameo npc. T-T It kinda feels like false advertising! >O I think it's a funny idea though of classic Megaman coming in to save your butt since the X series characters seem to be much more advanced. XD Oh yeah! I giggled inside when I saw Cutman and Pharoahman too! XD They're also some of my favorites.~ /lv
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Sorry ^_^;; That's just my guess according to the videos...well and the fact that unless classic Megaman gets a buncha added moves I dunno how easily he'd be able to go through stages. Course, if they added him in as like this game's "Super Novice" like a hard mode, then that would be totally awesome. But yeah, I did find it kinda weird that X and crew would get saved by classic...dunno if you watched all the cartoons but there was ONE episode with X in it and comparatively he was pretty absurdly overpowered lol.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise