[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Donkey Kong Country Returns
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Everything related to games~

Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns

Postby RollCasket » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Yeah I bought it and was playin it...but I thought I said that in the original post =X I thought in the old games though you lost two lives with 2 players also? I forget EXACTLY how it was...but I thought I remember dying certain ways would make you lose one and other ways you'd lose two.

Also, the sunset type stages are really cool.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Ah yes...the opening post. I should probably have red that. I was exhausted when I posted that. And now I'm even more tired. I think I'm going to go pass out now along with Pie now that this weeks comic is done. /dead
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:07 pm

lol no worries and sleep well, thanks for all the hard work!

I need to play more of this...but also Epic Mickey came in from gamefly and I wanna check that out too...not like I don't have enough to play already x.x
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:23 pm

This (Epic Mickey) is another game I'm really interested in. Make sure to make a new thread and tell us all about it when you can Roll ^_~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Autolux » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Nah you never lost two lives in any of the DKC's even on two player. The only way you could lose multiple lives is by being hit by one of those black barrel guys that make you drop one ups every time he hits you (your one ups, not extra ones) I can say this without a doubt as chris and I have pretty recently played through them all one by one, and there was many frustrating levels (mine carts RAWRRRARIEWJAOIUJAEROIJEAOIRHJA) where we would continuously lose a life, and then gain it back by means of getting KONG or w/e happened to be on the level as our saving grace.

I kind of wish they had just made the grab button the same as the attack button... In the old DKC's the run, pick up a barrel, and attack button, were all the same button, Y. It was pretty seamless, you just kinda held Y at all times until you needed to roll, then you just lifted your finger and pressed it down again. I find it much more difficult to smoothly do a roll jump off a ledge, having to shake the wiimote and time the jump, yugh. Though I notice you definitely lose less height by rolling off a ledge than you did in the older games, somewhat making up for the added difficulty.

Also, if you do plan on picking up one of the DKC games from the Wii Shop Channel, be advised you will NEED a classic controller to play it efficiently, as the button layout for the gamecube controller is just a joke.
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby Bear » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:03 pm

So Pie and I finally got some play time on this. I must say even though we are only about to 2-4 or so, it is rather enjoyable. The two player experience is really fun because you get the feeling that you have to really work together so you don't waste precious lives. The big problem comes when you die in 2-player mode. Like Mel said, that is really a pain. You can be in a barrel and if the one person shoots you off wrong, BAM two players gone for one persons fck up. Not cool.

So far, the secrets seem WAY easier to find than in the first game. In that regard, I think the difficulty was dropped a lot. Or maybe I should say it is a lot less cryptic. I don't know if this gets harder later on but so far you don't have barrels off of the visible spectrum or walls that are breakable with hidden areas that take a bunch of trial and error. For instance, in DKCR you all the breakable walls have been obviously marked and that never used to be the case. All the hidden areas are pretty easy to guess because it just takes a bit of exploration and having a keep eye for suspicious foreground objects.

Anyways, the game is definately hard and requires skill, but thank god for that. I get so sick of games that pull the punches for the masses (read whiny) audiences. Its nice to have challenging content that requires some skill and coordination.

//off-topic
Which actually also brings me to WoW! Man, Pie and I ran and completed our first 2 heroics last night and they were AWESOME. I mean, with me tanking and her healing and our guildies DPSing, we were having a hell of a time completing it but it was SO REWARDING to actually beat the dungeons. So far we downed heroic BRC and VP with about a total of 12 or so wipes between the two dungeons. Not too shabby considering Pie and I just BARELY made the gearscore requirements and it was out first time there (for heroic difficulty). It is tough since so much is dependent on the healer and tank, so that kicked up the difficulty a bit too. Good stuff....good stuff. I pray Blizz doesn't dumb it down, it is awesome right now and I can't wait for more.
//end off-topic
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Yeah I haven't tried 2 player yet though I heard it makes it harder for mostly that reason. I really need to play this more but I just haven't really felt like playing much of anything lately, too much crap goin on...and have been on WoW as my relaxer.

As such, continuing with the off-topicness we've been doing a lot of heroics, and a few runs of Baradin Hold which is the new VoA of Cata. BH is...pretty damn easy except for a bit of a dps race...sadly haven't gotten anything from it yet =/ Some heroics are def harder than others though. Though all decently hard, there are a few that I dread getting because of too many one-shot-kill mechanics and often times that can just get too frustrating. Sadly Stonecore is one of them...and I need something off the last boss...ugh >.>
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise