[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Donkey Kong Country Returns
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Everything related to games~

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Postby RollCasket » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:48 pm

So, I just played the first area of the new Donkey Kong...and this game is hard >.> I mean I got through well enough but it has some of the "cheap death syndrome" that really annoys me in some games...like Megaman 9 for example =P You also only have 2 hearts so you can die fairly easily. Also, the secrets/collectibles seem way more...out of the way? I can't think of the word but I already have to revisit EVERY stage to get the rest of the stuff that I missed.

Don't get me wrong it's a good game, it just feels like they added difficulty in the wrong ways =P Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it. If you played and liked any of the previous DKC games you should still like this one. I'll prolly add more to this as I go through it more, esp if my thoughts/feelings on the game change at all.

Also, as a random note I play a lot of games either through me or my roommate buying them, or what we get through gamefly...so if anyone has any questions on games they should get or anything else I can also give some info, we got all the systems. I don't really play many of the console games online though, roommate usually does the online stuff =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns

Postby Autolux » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:58 pm

I need to get on this post haste, I friggin LOVE DKC1-3, when me and my boyfriend heard about DKCR coming, we replayed 1-3 and got 100% on them all just to celebrate. I was a bit disappointed to see they use a lifebar in this one, even if it is just two hits, it kind of breaks the old mold. I'm excited to play it none the less.
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby RollCasket » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:57 am

I liked each successive DKC less than the last =X the first was my fav and 2 was pretty good, 3 just seemed ok. I did really like the 64 one a lot though, that was actually a really good game, wish I still had it x.x

Since you had just played through 1-3 you're prolly more prepared than I was, but I'm gonna go back to it later after I finish some errands and such. It DOES use wii-mote and nunchuck though, so there are some "shake wii-mote" etc type moves. Not that many, but I seem to keep forgetting about that ducking blow move......that just sounds weird but I dunno how else to describe it =P
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Bear and I've been wanting to have a chance to play DKC Returns. XD I loved the first one! /lv =D Unfortunately it was another one of those games I never was able to get when I was younger. T-T I never had the chance to play the second or third one. I admit also that seeing how the the playable character roster ended up phasing out both DK and Diddy for a girl and a big baby monkey was a bit of a turn off. '_'

Bear and I listened to DKC2's soundtrack on Youtube recently and I was really surprised at how different and the quality of music it had. I all sounded rather epic. XD It makes me kinda curious about trying it out.

It's kinda nice to hear that DKC Returns is hard. It reminds me of the old days when playing side scrolling games and having to constantly redo and master a level to get through it. I think there were a few difficult ones in the original (particularly one of the mine cart stages) that I had to do a bazillion times, but I don't think I ever got tired of it. XD I don't think a game would be very satisfying if it was too easy to pass.
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Autolux » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:11 am

I gotta admit, as a kid, DKC the original was my upmost favorite, but by far, the 2nd game is my favorite. It introduced bonus barrels, the DK coins, the ability to throw you partner to reach higher places, as well as introducing the lost world and having a REAL alternate ending, unlike DKC1 which just has cranky congratulating you instead of telling you how much you suck.

Another big part of my love for that game is definetly the music (has a couple songs from that game on her project play list 8D ) Brambles was even re-done with an orchestra for Smash Brothers Brawl. I was really hoping Dixie would make the cut for brawl ;_; cause we really need a 3rd clone of fox...

Someday when I ever get fraps I'll post some DKC2 videos of some jff shit I've recorded on ZSNES xD

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux

Postby RollCasket » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:34 am

I don't remember what it was exactly but I just didn't like DKC2 as much as the first one. I mean I liked it and went all the way through it...but I don't think I got all the stuff like I did in DKC1. Yeah I remember the music being good, but I liked it in the first game too. I'm not sure if I finished DKC3 or not...I know I rented it, then again later...but I don't remember if I finished it...@_@
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Autolux » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:12 pm

DKC3 was too easy

Autolux

Postby RollCasket » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Then maybe I did beat 3, I just have a horrible memory...all I know, is King K Rool was one of the best boss fights ever...that music totally sold it in fact and the fake credits, lol, here it is again for pure awesomeness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBBCjx_p7NU also, bwa ha, he didn't get everything =P
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Has anyone actually bought/played this yet? I want to get it really badly. But I spent my "Christmas money" on Cataclysm for Pie and I so I feel bad dropping the cash on this right now. I've been in a huge DKC mood lately and I want to play one of them - ANY OF THEM - pretty badly right now. Sadly, this is one game not in our SNES collection, which makes me very sad in the pants.

No Cataclysm and no DKC make Bear something something.

GO CRAZY?

Don't mind if I do!

Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Autolux » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:48 pm

*bought it and is playing it*

As much as I do really like it, I really don't like the fact you can't seperate the kongs unless you're playing two players :\

I also think it's pretty fucked up that if you're playing two players, you lose two lives for dying, not just one -_-

Other than that, it's a very fresh take with a very classical feel.

Autolux

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise