[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Sonic 4...
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Sonic 4...

Everything related to games~

Sonic 4...

Postby Autolux » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:02 pm

IT SUCKED! It's like Sonic is running through molasses, how the hell do you lose momentum rolling down a hill?!

The only real bonus to this game is that they finally implemented Super Sonic just like he used to be, an obtainable character that you can use all over the game, invincible and usually leading to a new ending, instead of this next gen crap they keep pumping out with super sonic being the inevitable game ender, saving the chaos emeralds for story purpose instead of being a side mission.

There was a lot of notable old school obstacle set ups, with added quirks, and all in all could have been a fantastic game, if that hadn't tried to blend it so badly with the new sonic play style of using the homing attack, with shoddy forced speed increasing loop-di-loops and high speed begginer's traps.
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Re: Sonic 4...

Postby RollCasket » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:48 am

I feel somewhat bad that I couldn't have warned you beforehand =X Not too long ago I did up a big post on how massively disappointed I was with Sonic 4 but I have no idea where that was now x.x

Basically though...the Sega Genesis was actually the first system me and my brother owned (we played NES at tons of people's houses before getting one later) so obviously we started with Sonic. I've been a pretty big Sega fan for a while (though not near as much now...) and I even kinda liked the first two Sonic Adventure games, in parts, though I've always loved the original Sonics and even Sonic Spinball...so when I heard Sonic 4 was coming out, I was HUGELY excited. Obviously, I was massively disappointed >.>

It's like they thought "well ok...the fans haven't been too happy with our previous Sonic games...so I guess they want a 2D Sonic?" and thought that was good enough. The problem though, is that I don't think ANYONE who knew what made the old Sonics good even touched this game, because if you've played the old ones, you know none of it feels right.

The speed, the pacing, the jumping, even the enemy placement is placed in just the perfect way to be the biggest hindrance to you that they can possibly be. I'm sure you know what I mean but to anyone else, they made it so the only real way you can build speed is running...if you spin dash you lose speed within 10 seconds easy...so obviously running leaves you vulnerable, and they put these enemies in just the right unforeseeable spot so you'll run into or land on them or spikes or a bumper sending you backwards...uuuugggghhhh.

This is already getting too long and I barely touched on what I hate about this game >.> So to wrap it up real quick, also Sega, horrible choice on special stages. I see you were trying to go Soinc 1 style, but you STILL did it wrong -_-

Anyway...I couldn't find the EXACT site, but you might want to check this out. It's a fan project that...I think only 2 guys did? But it plays great, sounds great, and even looks better than Sonic 4, which I'm sure had a whole team working on it. http://sonicfanremix.com/
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Autolux » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:54 pm

I was writing a big long post about this and i accidently knocked my mouse onto the floor, and as fate would have it, it hit the lil red x.

Just to say in short, avoid this game at all cost, don't even infect your hard-drive with the demo version, as inside entails the worst sonic game in the history of mankind. If THIS was what had been given to us in the days of genesis (minus the 3D graphics of course) I don't think sonic would have made it into even sonic 2, nor would Genesis have made it past 32x.

The game was just absolute shit! It had no real momentum AT ALL! It was just a JOKE! They homing attack works shoddy as hell, there's actually a small time period before sonic curls into a ball whilst doing the homing attack that he can be hit by the enemy that he is HOMING ATTACKING!

What upsets me the MOST about this horseshit is that they DELAYED the game in order to "perfect it" More like they had realized what they'd done and tried desperately to fix their broken fucking game, failed, then just decided to release it anyway, with only FOUR STAGES.

5 if you include the death egg, but that's just re-hashing of the same bosses you already fought, cept they're a LITTLE harder.

This is how much I hate this game, do you remember the sonic 2 end boss? That exact rip is the boss for sonic 4. What kind of game is this? I can understand trying to be nostalgic, but to just shit out your exact same shit but tweek it a little and make it HD so people will like it?

I don't know if you guys are aware, but someone did a really high rendered image of the classic sonic 2 fight, just as a for fun project. It inspired a group of independant developers to begin work on an HD sonic 2 (it's still very shortly come along since they're building it from scratch)

Not long after this game was in development, suddenly sonic 4 is in development, and they MYSTERIOUSLY have the EXACT SAME BOSS that inspired this whole redone HD classic style sonic? I hate this game so much, that if I could someone remove the bit of memory that held it from my xbox, I would bring it out into the street and office space it.

this is the image I'm talking about, in case you didn't hear http://exophase.com/images/misc/2084665 ... 834_ob.jpg

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux

Postby Bear » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:51 pm

Wow, that is depressing. Sonic has been dragged through the mud so much by Sega that it is kinda pathetic. What is really sad is when they decided to step out of the console making game to focus on being a game maker exclusively, one would have thought that they would start making killer titles and getting their focus in order. Looks like they should have dropped the software and just stayed in hardware (home and arcade stuff).

Well, I still have hopes that Sonic colors will be decent, but the review on GT sounds lukewarm on it.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Autolux » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:25 am

Even sonic 1 had more than four stages <_<

Autolux

Postby RollCasket » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Yeah I definitely miss the old Sega...Dreamcast is still one of my fav systems next to SNES. Sonic Colors is actually pretty fun at least, though it still has the sorta cheesy for kids story and comedy.

Has anyone else checked out that Sonic Fan Remix though? D= You definitely should if you're an old school Sonic fan.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise