[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - What game to play...
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

What game to play...

Everything related to games~

What game to play...

Postby RollCasket » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:09 am

I'm overwhelmed and maybe someone can push me in the right direction =P I play a decent mix of everything, but my moods for games changes pretty often and then at other times like these I'm just not sure exactly WHAT I want to play...these are prolly highest on the list currently...

Donkey Kong Country - Wii: I've only gone through the first area but it's pretty cool so far. Minor annoyance though as apparently one of my wii-motes died when I was about to go play it again...so I was going to sync up the japanese wii-mote and for some reason it wasn't working even though I've done it a ton of other times >.>

Sonic Colors - Wii: This game is actually surprisingly pretty fun. After getting burned with Sonic 4 I almost didn't get it but for whatever reason did anyway and amazingly don't regret it. Much like DKC only went through like the first area + a few extra stages after.

Arc Rise Fantasia - Wii: I have a big love hate relationship with this game...I love it...until I get to the boss in which I LOATHE IT WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING. Ugh...this fucking game...I just don't know. I'm pretty far into it now but I'm currently saved right before ANOTHER insanely overpowered boss and just don't know if I want to frustrate myself with it right now...but like I said, also far into it, so I'm fairly into the story and characters and I WANT to eventually beat it...so...I dunno...

Lufia 2 - DS: Yeah I know it's not called that, and it IS rather different, but it's basically a rehash of Lufia 2. Strangely, I had started playing Lufia 1, and the dungeon mode ("Gift" they call it) from Lufia 2 not too long back so it was kinda funny that this had suddenly came out (suddenly cause I somehow didn't really hear much about it). Anyway, I'm barely at the start of this one, like a few areas in, but it's pretty cool to hear the remixed music and such. Still...dunno if I feel like playing an action rpg atm or not.

Z.H.P Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman - PSP: This game is pretty cool. It's sort of a Disgaea styled srpg...but the combat and movement is more actiony...which is also why I don't know if I feel like playing it atm. Also, I'm a little bit into it and they're already adding a lot of stuff to complicate the game further which I'm on the fence about.

Costume Quest - 360: This game is really good too...unfortunately the 360 it's on is hooked up to the older tv and the text is hard to read, and when having to do quicktime crap (like Press the X button!) I can't always tell wtf button it's wanting me to press >.> I forget if it was green and blue or red and yellow...but it's one of those pairs that half the time I can't tell apart, and the game quickly gets pretty brutal if you're not correctly timing and hitting the right buttons. So yeah, no fault of the game but it definitely makes it hard to play =/ But on that note...why the fuck does it have to change the buttons everytime anyway? Why can't it be awesome like Mario RPG where certain buttons are used for attacks, defending, specials?

Other newer games/games I haven't really played at all or barely touched: Etrian Odyssey 3, FF 4 Heroes of Light, Sonic Colors DS, Super Scriblenauts, Kirby's Epic Yarn

At the same time, there are other newer games that I just don't feel like playing atm...but then there are also some older games that I felt like playing again like Chrono Trigger (for the 50th time(that's not an exaggeration)) or Breath of Fire 3. There are also some not so new games that I just haven't even beaten yet...like Valkyria Chronicles 2, Sin and Punishment Star Successor, Metroid Prime 3 (I'd prolly have to start this one over...), No More Heroes 2, Mad World.

There are a lot of Wii games in here =P Lately there just hasn't been a whole lot on 360 or PS3 I've felt like playing...>.> Last PS3 game I really played was Heavy Rain and last 360 game was...uhh...the new Blazblue I believe. Also...long post is long x.x
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: What game to play...

Postby RollCasket » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:24 am

On a kinda sorta related note this is the best BlazBlue song, and what I was hoping the whole soundtrack would be like when i bought the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyCL-thO ... re=related sadly it's not all that face-meltingly good but there are a few other decent tracks.

Well...I lied...sorta...cause this is the OTHER best BlazBlue song, but in a totally different way...I hope I'm not the only one here into Guilty Gear and BlazBlue =P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U158VC5u ... re=related Even if Bang loses...he still wins, he always wins =D
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Luc of True Wind » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:24 am

I'm not too familiar with the games that you listed as your top priority games, but I do have Kirby's Epic Yarn and that game is really cool /no1

They game play is a lot of fun, it can get a bit easy at times, and likewise, a bit annoying at times. However, the style of the game is so unique and there are no two stages that are alike. If you can get someone to play it with you, it's even more fun /ok

The game is not too long and it's very entertaining. Did I also mention that this game is *super* cute lol
The boss battles are really fun and the stage designs are so creative. I recommend giving it a try /ok
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby RollCasket » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:15 am

Yeah I put Epic Yarn in the "other" section, but I actually did start that one as well, and either beat or almost beat the first area full of stages. You mentioned it gets annoying...but it DID seem overly easy, but I kinda expected that. Does it get any harder though? Cause I'm not quite ruling that game out either.

I didn't even notice that is has 2 player play though, lol, how is that like?
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Autolux » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 am

*is excited about Epic Mickey* ^.^v
Thanks to Fei for the super awesome signature!

Can you please hold my hand, you see this wasn't planned, you know I'll understand just tell me how it is.
Someday soon you will see, that it was not just me, and nothing comes for free, at least not worth dying for.
Autolux
Guillotine Cross LV 146/114
Guillotine Cross  LV 146/114

Postby RollCasket » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 am

Because I'm too lazy to make a separate BlazBlue post here are two high lvl play videos because pretty much from the time I posted the last reply to now I've been watching random vids =P

3 game set Ragna vs Bang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM_Ell7t ... re=related

3 game set Ranga vs Carl/Noel/Rachel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ru1Nw_fwR0

Nothing like watching insanely good players to get me pumped up to play, only to remember I totally suck =D I can't help it though, the game has a crazy catgirl, I can't NOT pick her...I mean come on =P

holy crap...I just woke up and saw I didn't post this...I was clearly out of it >.> So where I said I watched vids till I posted this is only semi true, cause I went to bed at like 6am x.x then...I got woken up by the mailman going fucking ballistic on the door/doorbell at 10am...thanks a lot x.x
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:28 am

oh, epic mickey was in from gamefly among the mail that ballistic mailman brought this morning...maybe when I'm more conscious I'll check it out /hmm
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Oh man...that's another one...just saw a random pic of it and remembered how omg awesome World Ends With You was and kinda feel like starting that over from the beginning...
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise