[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Epic Mickey
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Epic Mickey

Everything related to games~

Epic Mickey

Postby RollCasket » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:11 am

I'm sure most have prolly seen the mostly ho-hum reviews on this but I figured I might as well throw my 2 cents in as I prolly would anyway =P Anyway, I heard the game was ok and/or had problems...I can't remember now, but my expectations weren't too high. So after playing it for a bit I have to say, it's not that bad.

Some of the problems though, there's a bit of waggle and sometimes having to shoot stuff with the wii-mote also. Aside from that the camera is a lil soso at times. The controls don't really bother me cause I'm used to it from other games and the camera is the same as some other 3D games so all in all, not too bad so far.

Basically though, it's a 3D adventure game, and there are also some smaller in-between levels that are 2D sidescroller-ish. The sorta gimmick for the game being this brush that you get to either thin paint or paint in things. Like for example, there are some rocks in the way, thin the paint and voila! On the other side if there's a pathway and part of it is gone you paint the rest in. Where it gets semi weirdish is you also use this on enemies, thin them to beat them, or paint them till they become friendly.

Either way though I kinda like the style of it, looks pretty good, and is fun so far at least. I'll update more if I run into any bugs or problems or anything =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Epic Mickey

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:13 pm

I apparently iked this game more when I first played it...but having played more of it (and promptly sending it back) the game is just lacking in too many areas...

The gimmick with the brush can sometimes be punishing...doing certain things locks you from being able to do another thing which severely cuts down on the exploring aspect of the game (which originally seemed decent) and the camera only gets worse. They add in a way to move the camera...though why they didn't have that at start is beyond me...but regardless, this only seems to make it more frustrating as you sometimes battle with it.

Rent it if you're still interested...but even my interest wasn't enough to keep it afloat long.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise