[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Your favorite games of 2010
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Your favorite games of 2010

Everything related to games~

Your favorite games of 2010

Postby RollCasket » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Every year me and roommate talk about our top 10 games, which sometimes also involves disappointments, surprises, great download only game, etc etc. This year for me personally was kind of weird cause I think most of the games I enjoyed the most were download only games which doesn't happen often. I know I talked about some of the games I played already, but here's...uhh...some more =P

10. Recettear (DL PC game) really fun item shop sim game
9. Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP) while not as cool in style as the first, not as balls hard
8. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor (Wii) really fun but tiring game
7. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) fun so far, really need to play more
6. Ragnarok Online DS (obvious) haha, I put "obvious"
5. Rocket Knight (X360 DL game) ahhh, nostalgia for the original...also a good game itself
4. Metroid Other M (Wii) despite the bad story and other issues...I enjoyed actually playing it
3. Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii) interesting battle system, interesting characters and story...insanely hard bosses
2. Scott Pilgrim VS The World (X360 DL game) awesome beat-en-up, which is just what I needed at the time
1. Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP) I still can't get enough of these games

Super Honorable Mention: Game Dev Story (iPhone)

As a few clear ups...I put "X360 DL game" even though they're on PS3 also because I pretty much get all my DL games on 360. Game Dev Story is amazingly addictive and fun but I just can't put it on the list cause I just feel it's not quite...game enough...if that makes any sense. Finally, some games (like DKCR) would likely be higher if I had played more of them.

As for the actual list...well, without making this into an even bigger post I'll touch on a few. I'm a giant Phantasy Star Onine/Portable/Universe/Zero fan...so everytime one of these comes out it's always somewhere on the list, though usually not first, love that series though. Metroid is pretty high only for the fact that I really love the gameplay...the story and what they did to Samus is a sad and horrible mess...but I still had a lot of fun playing the actual game. RO DS by all accounts isn't a very good game, but just like the .Hack series I love the pseudo MMO style and to be able to play a single-player RO with a story (although bad) and other different stuff.

If anyone wants me to go into any other ones further please ask.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Your favorite games of 2010

Postby RollCasket » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Also short be noted...if I had to put in a number 11, it'd be Sonic Colors, while it ALSO has a bad story (which is kinda par for course on Sonic games) the game is actually surprisingly fun which is more than can be said for...sadly...most of the other Sonic games >.>

It should also be said that there were a lot of good games I didn't mention, and a TON of disappointments for me personally, so my list probably doesn't even have a single game that anyone else in the world would put, lol. Other games I have to mention though, Alan Wake for an awesome story, and Enslaved which I haven't had a chance to play yet...but just watching my roommate play it I know I'd like it. The story was good, it looked great, and the gameplay while not amazing works for the game.

I might make a disappointments post later just for the heck of it /hmm
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:58 pm

/heh lol Thanks Roll for the interesting run down of games! XD I think your comments about Ragnarok Online DS are funny. I honestly don't think I've played any new games this past year, just demos and a few hours into a few older games. XD It's nice to hear that Sonic Colors would have made your #11 by being fun. =) Like Bear, I've been interested in trying that and Donkey Kong Country Returns out. >.< I also want to see Kirby's Epic Yarn. I've honestly been interested in trying out Metroid Other M too from hearing that it can get really fun once you get the hang of it. I wonder though if the "bad story/story telling" will get to me and ruin the game though. >.<
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda weird in that I know play a lot of the AAA titles that most people play. For me it's all about if it's fun for me or not, which I think SHOULD be the most important part of a game. So yeah, even if it looks stupid or like a kids game or absurdly violent or weird or whatever, long as it's fun it works for me =P

Course what makes a game fun depends on the game and sometimes if a story is good enough I'll suffer through a bad game to get it, but yeah.

Kirby's Epic Yarn I REALLY need to pay more of...it's pretty damn easy so far though x.x Though I'm sure it picks up more later, but it seems pretty fun so far. That's another one that may have made it on the list somewhere if I coulda played it more.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise