[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Spiral Knights
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Spiral Knights

Everything related to games~

Spiral Knights

Postby RollCasket » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:57 pm

I've been pretty busy with work lately, but I've still found time for some games here and there. Lately I've been playing a decent amount of this new f2p game called Spiral Knights. It's got a cute and cool look to it, the guy who does the www.threepanelsoul.com comics did...pretty much everything for it. The game was made by 3 people.

I'll say first, that as far as f2p games go this one is perfectly playable without ever spending money. Everything takes "energy" and you can always buy more energy with the in-game money, so it works. Though weird at first, you move the character with WASD and turn your character with the mouse and attack with right click and once I quickly get used to it I really like it a lot now.

The game is basically like Zelda: Link to the Past mixed with a bit of PSO. There are swords, guns, and bombs, and while your character doesn't level up, your equipment does. In any case I find it pretty fun so far and will prolly keep playin it for a while =P

IGN: Falsetto
http://www.spiralknights.com/
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: Spiral Knights

Postby RollCasket » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:02 pm

figured a screenshot or somethin might help

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n55 ... spiral.png

when I saw there was armor that was like Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile I had to get them =P
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Pie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi Roll! XD I was enticed into trying out Spiral Knights too! =) I've only played for almost 2 hours though, but it's been pretty cool so far! It's amazing to think that it was only made by three people; I didn't know that. I had a fun time and met some cool random people, but I don't think I'll continue playing it due to how little play time I seem to have lately.

Thank you on keeping us up to date on your impressions of recent games you've been playing like Marvel vs Capcom 3. Hope you have fun with Spiral Knights. =)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby RollCasket » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Yeah I thought it looked cute so I had to check it out =X I recently got geared enough to have access to the Tier 3 areas but I haven't gone down that deep yet...esp since a lot of times I play solo and that far down gets hard solo. I joined some random guild and I play with them a bit though so maybe I'll explore down there at some point. Glad you got to have at least some fun with it though =) It's free though so if you ever do want to go back it's always there, and maybe we can both play in there together.

But yeah, I like sharin my opinions about games and such...esp since I don't work at a game store anymore and can't do it through that x.x But I'm like the LiA official unofficial reviewer, lol. So I throw posts around on different games I play and if people want to know more/chat about em then even better =)
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Instead of continuing to attach to the Steam thread I figured I should use this one a lil more concerning just SK =P

They're soon to add in a new Mission Mode thing that seems pretty interesting and helpful. Also will help in doing something other than just dungeon/boss runs over and over.

http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/42211

Also, for fun, when you're in game try to /whisper yourself.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:25 pm

lol...it put in the RO Whisper...that's funny...

I meant slashwhisper, as in whisper yourself, lol
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:20 am

I forgot to mention, if you're ever out of mist energy and don't have the crowns to buy crystal energy you can also pvp which only costs 200 crowns and gets you tokens you can use for crafting mats and recipes, some good stuff in there. It's also broken down by tier level and you still get a coin even if you lose.

Here's a video of Lockdown. There are 3 "classes" you can pick, he plays as striker, recon has stealth and guardian has a self heal. Gameplay consists mainly of capturing and defending points though obviously fighting happens, respawns seem quick too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh9lLTbz ... ata_player
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Mission Mode is in!

There is a nice new UI which helps streamline everything as well as direct access to dungeons and the new mission mode. This new mode helps to explain a lot to newer players not to mention gets you started on collecting the new Prestige Points which can be used for cash items, equip, and recipes.

Aside from the points, going through them also guarentees equipment pieces, materials and other goodies. This is a great way to get in and start building up along with learning the ropes as well.

They shoulda added this a long time ago cause for a new player some of the stuff can be confusing at first x.x
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise