[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - 3DS...the post
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

3DS...the post

Everything related to games~

3DS...the post

Postby RollCasket » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:54 pm

I got one day 1, the blue-green color, along with SSF4 and Pilotwings. About a week or less after that I also picked up Ghost Recon and will likely pick up Bust a Move and Monkey Ball once I see em used.

So the system itself is pretty nice. The top screen you play on is a bit wider and looks really good. Oddly enough I STILL haven't messed with the AR Cards which are apparently cool to see the first few times then you never use em, or the Face raiders game that it comes with, though a lot of people had said it's fun...even if it makes you look stupid while playing, lol.

SSF4 is arguably the best game out of the launch titles, and though it's odd for me to pay money for this game AGAIN I don't regret it as it actually IS really good and looks great on the 3DS. The new 3D-ish diagonal view is kinda a novelty but the normal view with the 3D slider on looks pretty cool I'd say. The one thing that kinda annoys me is that there's a streetpass feature to battle your collected figures with other people's and I have yet to get one battle in...which is annoying cause my figures are uber and I want to see how well they do and how the thing actually works, lol.

Pilotwings is pretty nice, though I haven't played a ton of it. The 3D effect looks really nice on this one and the game overall looks pretty good. It does start getting a bit hard though, and I hear the end ones are pretty insane so I've been taking it slow. Which I guess is a good thing since apparently the game isn't that long either, lol. Still, not that bad of a game though.

Ghost Recon is like that surprisingly good gem out of a lot of the other junk. If I hadn't heard it was basically like Fire Emblem with guns, I prolly woulda never checked it out. There are some different classes with their own abilities and such to make it interesting. If you have or are getting a 3DS and like strategy games you really should check it out.

I'm also wanting to check out/get Bust a Move, Super Monkey Ball, and Samurai Warriors at some point...but find it hard to pay full price for any other games atm. I'll add more to this thread when I check out some more games.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Re: 3DS...the post

Postby Eccs » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Hmmm ghost recon on 3ds kinda sounds like Valkyrie Chronicles from your description. How does the game play work though? :o
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby RollCasket » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Well it's not quite like Valkyria Chronicles, it's top-down like Fire Emblem, with guns, is basically the best way I can describe it, lol. The story and characters are kinda whatever, though I guess if you're into war stuff it might be more interesting, but the gameplay is pretty solid.

It's on a grid, you take your turn to move all units, and then the enemy goes. The one thing that they added in here that IS like Valkyria Chronicles though is the command points you can use to make certain units go multiple times. The only thing semi weird for me at first is you select where you're going to move then select your attack...and then they move and do the attack. Not like it's a problem, just a lil different from most games of this type where you move and then attacking is a separate action. Also, the chick with the camo is the best character, lol.

Not sure what else to add...there are of course multiple guns of different types but some characters have a special weapon also like grenades or rocket launchers and such. I also haven't played it as much as my roommate so I can't comment as much on it as he can, he got super into it heh.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Eccs » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Hmmm sounds interesting... maybe works more like Warhammer 40k squad command /fire emblem. Squad Command was pretty annoying to play at least first time playing it . Plus once you got the hang of it the best weapon was ironically the sniper rifle the scouts have >_<
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby RollCasket » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Never played Squad Command, most of the strategy games I play are srpgs, like Disgaea, FFT, etc. I liked Valkyria Chronicles too until it got to that stupid tank mission...ugh...but until then I really liked the look and how it played and everything. I kinda think that game woulda been better if there were no tanks at all, but oh well =P
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Eccs » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:16 pm

Which tank :o there are so many of them.

The big one the plows through your bases
OR
the two tanks that ambush you after you take their base
OR
The tank with like extra Armour

Anyway I found the only thing useful with tanks for most were the extra movement tokens, most of the time they were pretty useless as anti tank /omg , the flame turret on the light tank was pretty useful to clear out mobs of infantry though. And only mildly useful as cover for infantry /swt2
Eccs
Priest LV 90/50
Priest  LV 90/50

Postby RollCasket » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:25 am

The big tank with the main blonde dude and later in the mission Selvaria comes. Since no other mission until that point is hard I figured "the tank mission" would be enough...that and I haven't played in so long I don't remember a lot about the game. Did watch the anime though, heh.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Pie and I saw the 3DS at a Best Buy a week or so ago. It looked pretty cool with the Pilot Wings demo, but it wasn't what I had expected. Rather than the plane looking like it popped out of the screen, it seemed to be like the top screen was a window you peered out of into a 3D world, but the plane was where the sheet of glass would be. Hard to explain, but it looked really good none the less.

The worst thing about the system is the launch lineup. Nintendo underwhelms yet again with what seems like a really terrible launch. Add to the fact they are holding back games so 3rd parties can get more of the launch money share, and it goes from blah to BLAH. The DS had the same problem, but not AS bad. I didn't even get a DS until the smaller form factor came out - I wonder how long it will take for the 3DS to have a compelling enough library for me to want to grab it?
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Well a lot of games come out in June and E3 is in June also which is when they will prolly announce a ton more, so that's prolly the best time if you wanna jump on the early train. The only complaint about the system is the battery life...I dunno when another version of the 3DS will come out but if they improve on that then it might be worth waiting for. As it is I haven't really run into many problems myself, but if you intend on taking it on a trip or playing for extended periods you'd prolly run into problems.

Personally, I can't wait for Starfox, seriously, can not wait =P As far as NEW games go, what I REALLY want is a new F-Zero...omfg gimme a new F-Zero already =P Either put it on 3DS, the new Wii HD they're going to announce at E3, or put it on both to really make me happy /rice
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Return to Gamer's Paradise