[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Game Music Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Everything related to games~

Re: The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby Tony May-San » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:52 pm

the black mages version of Vamo Alla Flamenco

someone mentioned these earlier but did you know Nobuo Uematsu is their composer, producer and keyboardist? im fairly sure they played a huge part in the advent children soundtrack too. awesome solos from 3:11 on.
This tomato tastes like your mom..
Tony May-San
Thief LV 63/45
Thief  LV 63/45

Postby TheNesta » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:57 am

Time to champion NieR again. Seriously though, this game has a truly remarkable soundtrack. Square Enix knows it too, because they keep releasing arrangements for the soundtrack. A Piano arrangement is coming out this year, making it the third year in a row where they've put out a NieR album. All based on one game, that is a cult classic at best. Here's a few examples:

: This song plays in the main field of the game and it's one of my favorites. You'll notice right away that it has a vocal track, as many of the songs in NieR are wont to have. I think it's just a really stirring song.

: This is one version, out of two, for one of the game's main characters Kaine, who is a personal favorite of mine. The song itself is easily my favorite on the original soundtrack and for good reason. Not only is it beautiful, but also very... I dunno, triumphant I guess? There are some pretty emotional moments in the game involving Kaine, so it helps that she has such an incredible theme.

: This is actually an arrangement of the song Repose that is featured on the NieR Tribute Album, arranged by wonderfully talented chiptune artist SEXY-SYNTHESIZER. It's also one of my favorite songs in recent memory. It's like the melding of something very akin to a Chrono Cross song (another amazing soundtrack) mixed in with some Trance, and the stirring vocals from the original NieR soundtrack.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Bear » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:24 am

Woo Nesta, I feel like this is the first time you've mentioned this game. Actually I feel like it is the first time I've even heard of the title, it was completely off my radar. Then I see it was in your top 25 and I must have glossed over it completely. Seeing how it is the only game in your list I don't recognize, I should have been more attentive to that fact.

This soundtrack is GREAT!! Man, I'm glad you posted it.

Since this game is a cult classic I'm gonna expect some sort of write up from you informing us about why this game deserved to be on your top 25 list hehe
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby TheNesta » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Haha. Alright. I'll see what I can whip up. If it gets people interested in one of my favorite games that has sadly been tragically overlooked in most circles, I'd be glad to do it.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Kerreth » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:46 am

Nier... is that the one where it was released in Japan with an effeminate male protagonist, and then released in America with a super-muscled macho protagonist... which was also released in Japan later?
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:08 am

My sides are hurting so much, so it has to be listed:

(Ridin' Solo)
(Hollaback Girl)
(YMCA)
(Genie In A Bottle)
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby TheNesta » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:09 am

TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Bear » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Awesome Nesta, thanks! I'll sit down and give this a read a bit later this evening. =)

For now, I want to feature the music of Sigma Harmonics, a game that is really awesome in its style and presentation.

Sadly Squeenix didn't have the cojones to release it outside of Japan, which is a shame considering how innovative and fresh it looks. You can check out the Japanese trailer or listen to the rest of the set, which is pretty good overall . RPGamer also did a on the game for those interested.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby TheNesta » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:52 am

Wow, that looks really neat. I can't believe I've never heard of it until now! That's a shame that it'll more than likely never see a release outside of Japan. It does look really cool, and the music sounds great. Hm, now I almost wish it wasn't brought to my attention, haha.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Joseph Collins » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:04 pm

I say, I say, I say, there's a distinct lack of Mega Man in this forum thread! Unacceptable! I must rectify this situation with a mix of tunes! (Note: Most of these are remixes or radical rearrangements.)

Mega Man 2 Wily Castle 1 -
Mega Man 2 Wily Castle 1 - (Note: This is technically a remix of "Okkusenman", which in itself is a remix of Wily Castle 1. Ultraman fans, you will love this!)
Mega Man 3 Wily Castle 1 -
Mega Man & Bass Coldman stage -
Mega Man 9 Wily Machine -
Mega Man 10 Wily Castle 5 -

Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge Wily Fortress -
Mega Man V Sunstar battle -

Mega Man X2 X-Hunter stage 1 -
Mega Man X6 Infinity Mijinion stage -
Mega Man X7 Our Blood Boils ~ VS Sigma 1st - (Note: This song is the best song in the entire game.)

And of course, because I myself am a remixer, here's a couple from me:
Mega Man 2 Wily Castle 2 - (Caution: Slightly loud.)
Mega Man 7 Springman stage -
Mega Man II Various tracks (including Metalman) -
I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=()=-
Joseph Collins
Archer LV 11/1
Archer  LV 11/1

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise