[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Game Music Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Everything related to games~

Re: The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby chrisb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:09 am

Deadly Premonition - Opening theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV6chycloXQ

I love how Deadly Premonition emulates Twin Peaks even through its soundtrack /lv
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby chrisb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:14 am

Ooops forgot to add:

Breath of Fire 5 - Electric Power Building http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BksX_ISV5q0

Breath of Fire 5 - A Small Departure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPDs-EyL6Q
Most adorable BOF Nina evah.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Adol The Red » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:08 am

Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby TheNesta » Sat May 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Short, and simple this time.

In honor of the new comic, how about some Vampire Killer?

: This is probably my favorite version of the classic song. Anyone else have one they really like?
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Bear » Sat May 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Man, I miss playing Dracula's Curse! I need to get a copy of that. As for music, Pie and I are very fond of:

C2 - Simons Quest

and of course the remake from the SNES classic
C4 - Super Castlevania
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby TheNesta » Sat May 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Nice!

As I was saying on Twitter earlier, I love how much Super Castlevania IV music is basically the very definition of SNES music. You can pretty much hear everything that soundchip can do, and it's amazing. I don't know how else to explain it, but my reaction to when I was listening to SCIV's version of Vampire Killer was: "Man, that's pretty much as Super Nintendo as you can get."
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Bear » Sat May 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Yeah, the whole soundtrack for SC4 and the game is just so amazing. I mean, god, SO GOOD.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Alexx » Sun May 06, 2012 8:48 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Bear » Sun May 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah Alexx, the whole soundtrack is so good. I was re-listening to the whole set when I responding to Nesta to try and throw some more top picks in the mix...but hot damn. There is just so many freaking great ones and it really is hard to narrow down; the whole thing needs to be listened to and I would say playing the game is an absolute must.

The AVGN did a great 4-parter on the Castlevania series in 2009, and what he had to pretty accurately describes what's great about the game.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Kerreth » Fri May 11, 2012 2:05 am

I'm playing Assassin's Creed 2 now and plays during the race side-missions.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise