[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Game Music Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Everything related to games~

Re: The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby TheNesta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:24 am

Oh man, sorry to derail this more, and I could have just messaged you with this, but... Record of Lodoss War: Advent of Cardice. I mean, damn. So, this is just a really short aside, but one time Roll busted out his impressive Dreamcast collection, and he had this radical Record of Lodoss War game. If you've never played it, it's like Diablo, and has nothing to do with Record of Lodoss war.

So, like. Big take aways here is that Roll had played through a good portion of the game, but never finished it. So, after messing around with it that one time, I played the shit out of it and got all the way to the end of the game and finished it. And I guess Roll didn't like, pay attention to it, or forgot it, but- my saved game was there for like 5 years.

Now, fast forward to back in October when Roll and I had to move out of our home. So, Roll is packing up all his stuff, and he gets to the Dreamcast. Then we see the Lodoss War game and we're all like "Oh shit!".

Now, something else before I go on. There's two things I remember from this game clear as day. One thing is a joke between Roll and I. Basically, for whatever god forsaken reason, whenever you walk in this game it makes a very loud noise. So, wearing some sandals? *CLOP-CLOP-CLOP-CLOP*. Like, WHY? But the best thing was when you were wearing a pair of iron boots, then shit got real. So you'd be walking around in these boots, that sounded like you were dropping canon balls on a steel girder. *CLUNK-CLUNK-CLUNK-CLUNK* So classic.

The other thing is a joke between my other friend and I, and this one is when the main character, who is this like, stereotypical grognard Barbarian (remember him from the Anime?) and whenever you enchant an item he says "A MIGHTY SPELL!". And you enchant items A LOT in this game, so he's constantly yelling out: "A MIGHTY SPELL! A MIGHTY SPELL! A MIGHTY SPELL" also classic.

Anyways, back to the story. So, Roll boots up the game and loads an old save of his, and we're kind of laughing at it and stuff. Then I'm like "Hey, see if you can load up my save." So, he did, and then it was his turn to be like "<INSERT UNREAL TOURNAMENT SOUND HERE>". Cause, like I said, he forgot all about my end-game character. So, we load that up and we're just laughing about all this ridiculous gear I got. And, we're both waiting for the loud ass walking noises, but- Apparently there's an Enchant in the game that makes your footsteps silent! That's pretty effing great, right?

Anyways, so the last bit is, there's these like, super powerful optional bosses you can fight, that you summon to fight. So, after Roll, who was in control, finished cutting a swath through an entire race of some sort of demon or imp. He found one of these summoning sites. So, he summons this like... gaggle of Golems down, and instantly gets pulverized. It happened so suddenly and unexpectedly that we just busted out laughing.

Ah... I said that was gonna be short. Oh well. Good times.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Kerreth » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:33 am

Since we're talking about Parappa in the PSASBR (wtf?) thread...

from Parappa 1 and from Parappa 2.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:55 am

While I'm at it, Parappa holds the title for . Fast forward to about 2:30 for visual metaphors.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby TheNesta » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Random, but I just saw this and remembered it when I was unhooking my iPod Touch, but I named it Ar Tonelico. Yeeeeeep. Not a nerd at all.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Alexx » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Okay, back to Homestuck real quick! Nesta already posted , which is a big favorite. Heck, most of what was posted counts for me too! Otherwise:

- Actually didn't stick out right away; it clicked for me more when I bought the album and listened to it while driving and whatnot. Just love the determined air about it.

- Just like the name says: BEATDOWN. I love it, and I love how the music always fits the characters just right.

- One of the first ones I KNEW I had to have on the 'ol ipod. Just kickass and classically clown-evil. Reminds me of Kefka.

- Most of these break away from what they were originally used for, but I can't help but think of the scenes that went with this one. Just awesome. Noir has his breakdown and shit gets real. Love it.

- Alright I was gona avoid reposting any of Nesta's but yeah - awesome. The scene, the song, and Vriska. Just awesome.

- Not only does this one remind me of the Sega days, but it's just HARD. I love the ENDING feel - like "this is it, no turning back." Rock it.

Finally I'll add this remix from one of the albums: . Wasn't used in the comic. I listen to it quite often, even if it makes me a little sad for some unknown reason. Calming, of course, but some undertone says something else as well. No idea why.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:55 pm

@Kerreth: OMIGOD, Parappa!!! It looks like such a cool game and the music is hilariously good. I have been hard pressed to find a copy, though.

I've been on a Pokemon Soulsilver binge for a while now, so I guess I'll just share some favorites from Gold and Silver (Shall be furthermore referred to as GS).

Simple, but pretty dang awesome. In the beginning there's just Shellder, Lapras, and a few of the first gen Pokemon, but then they show the starters when the music gets more intense as if to say, "OH, BY THE WAY, THERE'S A TON OF NEW POKEMON!!!" I remember myself in kindergarten flipping out over this intro after having played Yellow and Red.
/end nostalgia boner

I like how GS integrated a bit of character progression with the rival. This music is perfect for him because it doesn't sound quite heroic, but it doesn't have particularly evil or despicable either. Well representative of him going from being an abusive douchebag to a considerate trainer.

(aka Johto's Route 1) So upbeat and encouraging for the trainer beginning their new adventure. /lv

I love how scholarly and benevolently wise it sounds. Perfect for a researcher like Elm or Oak.

Probably the second creepiest theme in all Pokemon games after Gen 1 Lavender Town (Don't get me started...)

Makes you feel all badass and stuff.

It's a polka theme for villains. That is all.

Just beautiful with a hint of blissful age. Fits a historical town like Ecruteak well.

Time to run into things over and over again.

In the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany, this song was pretty much like the theme that plays after you're spotted in Metal Gear Solid. Though Rocket Grunts aren't as tough as Shadow Moses guards. lol.

Thank you for not ruining the best game of my childhood by leaving the creepiest song from the last games in there... Soooo much more pleasant.

PARTY HARD!!!

Just nice to put this on and walk around a town for a bit. Nice and peaceful. I'll just leave you guys with this as the last song on this post. :)

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Kerreth » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Crash Bandicoot:

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Listenin' to some things and felt like a post:

- Ending theme to Castlevania Bloodlines, just violin filled.

- Song from a game called A Witch's Tale that my wife played. She thought it was okay, and I'm not sure if I'm gona bother playing it. The music wasn't bad, but this one stood out to me. It's just when a "burst" happens, which is some special battle or something. In any case, it's too bad the rest of the music wasn't this rockin'!

- From Breath of Fire III. I actually played that for the first time early on in college, and yet it has this "instant nostalgia" feel to it; like I had been playing it since I was a kid. This song remains as the one that always reminds me of the parts I love the most in any story with this subject: exploring ancient, mysterious technological ruins.

- From FFVII: Crisis Core. Funny; you know what's coming the whole game and they still make it sad as hell. This is the song playing as you drive Zack to his doom, essentually.

- Einhander. Badass shmup that any fan of the genre should play. This song plays as you battle this little tank bastard that shoots, jumps, and generally tries just as hard to kill ya as anything else. I like this song in particular for the fast and hard sound. At 3:00 it turns back into the normal song for the level.

- Just love it.
Last edited by Alexx on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Something dinged on my radar and it was Einhander! If it's one game I wish Square would bring back it's that one. Love that game =P it's funny too cause that's the exact song I woulda linked. BoF3 is also a major fav of mine. So...here are both boss themes lol. Posting from phone so no fancy links.

Einhander - Shudder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H6cqHZ6 ... ata_player

BoF3 - Everyday Battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDIH4TAb ... ata_player
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Alexx » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Hehe, glad we're on the same page here! You musta been separated from me at birth or somethin'. Anyway, only reason I didn't post "Shudder" is 'cause that's like posting air - I need that one to breath.

As for the battle music to BoFIII, it always reminds me of trying to learn the enemie's powers 'n such.

Two more I wanted to add: Secret tracks! Some Playstation discs could be played like CDs - very few had the soundtrack available that way (to my knowledge) and some had an extra little song.

- Alucard informs you about the disc you're trying to play and then pretty much shrugs it off, assuming you won't listen to him. Then: song! Kinda neat!

- Less unique, but for some reason the credits song will play if you put in Mega Man 8 and play it like a CD. For a LONG time I thought it was a secret track, since 8 was one I didn't beat for a good while.
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise