[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Game Music Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Everything related to games~

Re: The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby Kerreth » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:58 pm

I just finished
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Sat May 04, 2013 4:34 pm

I wrote a response to you earlier Ryozo, but my computer crashed and I wasn't in the mood to retype it until now lol

Pie and I have talked about this very fact a number of times, actually. We listen to game music all the time and it enters into our discussions relatively often. I think Pie had a really good idea as to why more modern game music can be less memorable; a lot of it boils down to how older games, due to technological limitations, had to stick with a strong melody using few instruments to carry the tone of the piece. That melody would often be replayed as a baseline with other instruments added in to flesh it out. With a strong melody, you can more easily associate it to a scene and retain it, allowing everything to work in harmony as a cohesive whole.

I have to say I really agree with her take on it. So many times, you may have really nicely done orchestrated pieces, but there isn't anything very catchy to sort of "latch on to". In fact, some compositions seem so over done, or overly relying on ambiance, that they can be unforgettable at best or garbled messes at worst.

Anyways, we started listening to FFCC: Echoes of Time today. Pretty nice stuff!

Actually, you should just check out the 'cause is seriously talented.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Adol The Red » Sun May 05, 2013 12:04 am

Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Tehwilburforce » Sat May 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Was playing some Persona today, so here ya go!

- Persona 3 FES
- Persona 3

Also, have some Mega Man, because that's always enjoyable. My two faves in Mega Man 2 so far are Wood Man and Flash Man. Wood man sounds very much like someone singing, so it's very enjoyable. Flash Man is just very snappy and jazzy, so it makes me wanna dance. Actually, all of the robot masters' stage music has made me want to do that so far, but Flash Man was probably my favorite.

- Mega Man 2
- Mega Man 2

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Mistaque » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Xenoblade Chronicles -

Xenoblade Chronicles -

Xenoblade Chronicles -

Xenoblade Chronicles -

..guh, make that

---

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team -

Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:30 pm

So... How many of you noobs have been playing X or Y? I have and the music is amazing. Check it out!!!

(So badass)

(Quite funky)
(It sounds like one of my Japanese animes!!!)

(Very nice rendition of one of the most familiar songs in Pokemon)
(Sounds a lot like something from the Persona series)

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby GOTL » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:28 pm

hmmmm....
The complete OST album of "The Saboteur".
Superbrothers: Swords and Sorcery EP: The Ballads of Space Babies OST is pretty nice
League of Legends' several login theme or MV.
Everything RO related.
Deus Ex Human Revolution's OST.
BF 1942 - BFBC2 theme. I'm giving my double middle fingers at BF3 and BF4. STOP WITH ALL THE FARTING SOUND!

That is what on my mind right now, even though I have 1TB of only OST music alone... /hmm
Isolation is my only comfort.
GOTL
Novice LV 10/9
Novice  LV 10/9

Postby Librari » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:52 am

It goes without saying that I like Touhou music (mostly electronic arranges of the original themes, that's what I'm listening to right at this moment), but special mention goes out to games that have music like from Final Fantasy - Crystal Chronicles. And sometimes when the latest hip hop comes on the radio, before I change the station to something else I notice that the simple, catchy background tune behind their 'singing' sounds a lot like Metroid Prime music. I like Metroid Prime music.

And since it's more recent, I must say that I really like Starbound's main menu theme, and most of the peaceful planetary exploration music. I just wish it didn't get interrupted every 15 seconds by combat music caused by KILLER SPACE BATS WITH LASER BREATH.
/grr

Let's see, what other games had really good music... Xenosaga is nice. Oh, must not forget Chrono Trigger. Between Time Circuits and the themes for Schala and Belthasar, not to mention that epic Lavos theme...
I'm a wizard! :]
Librari
Wizard LV 80/48
Wizard  LV 80/48

Postby Kerreth » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:39 am

I haven't bought Shovel Knight yet, but I WANT TO SO BADLY.

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Mate, you gotta get shovel knight it's amazing. So much fun.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise