[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Game Music Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Everything related to games~

Re: The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby Mistaque » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:58 am

More RO tunez:

aka Odin Shrine

aka Nidhoggur's Nest

aka Labyrinth Forest
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:24 pm

(from 1:00 on)

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Here are a couple from Team Teamwork. Awesome remixes of Ocarina of Time and FFVII tunes.

@Kerreth: Love your last set. Persona and Pokemon!!!

@Trace: Thank you for that I have the OST's for both Jet Set Radio's and I love the music so much!!!

Now for some unmixed stuff.

(Air... Guitar... Nuff said)

(Shame on you if you haven't played this game. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.)

(Seriously, what's up with game composers and sexy Spanish music? I love it!)

(This game and all its music is beyond words in how amazing it is)

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Kerreth » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:27 am

Agh, Paper Mario!

and !
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 pm

V-v-v-v-video game music thread!? I heard it calling to me upon the wind! I MUST POST.

I'll start off with a few favorite variations on classics:

- A symphonic version of the worldmap theme from the first Dragon Quest. I actually only recenly played the first Dragon Quest (GBC version) and I fell in love with it. The world map theme felt like I had been listening to it my whole life.

- Bascially a big band version of the classic Mario 2 theme. Always puts me in a good mood.

- A battle theme from Cave Story where you're fighting "The Core." I won't say much more about the game, but the battle is harsh and the song is awesome. This guy makes it METAL.

- This is a medely of a few Sonic themes starting with the Sonic 2 boss song to the key of melt-your-face. At one point it gets to a...slinky version of Mystic Cave Zone that'll make you laugh, if you think about the name of the song. God only knows what is making Robotnik "sexy."

Okay I won't absolutely fill my first post, so there's a few favorite variations. Now for a few favorites from some favorite video games:

- Ah, beautiful NOISE. The song is grating, scratchy, loud, and horrifying. I love it. It's the perfect battle song for a giantic skeledemon that can kill you with a touch. I love how the sounds all seem like they shouldn't go together and how they slam into this cacophony of terror.

- Level 2 of Marble Madness! One of those songs that define my childhood; I have been playing that game since before I even touched a console. Used to be on my Dad's old computer on one of those big 'ol black floppy disks. That version is of course from the NES, when I was actually able to play the game without dying constantly.

- The classic R-Type boss song brought back for this morphing boss in III. The song starts off quiet because you're just shooting at this...blob thing. Then, as the blob morphs into the iconic R-Type Dobkeratops (looks like the Alien from the movies) the song heavily blasts into the classic theme and works itself into a fast druming madness.
- Fast, upbeat, and hard. This song stuck out to me instantly, and it's only the first boss!

- One of my big favorites from Super Metroid. The Red Soil area of Brinstar is pretty small, but the song stuck with me. Quiet, mysterious, and maybe a little sad. Very good for concentration.

- A LOT of obvious music to love from Earthbound, but this one took me by surprise. Almost put a tear in my eye and I can't say why, exactly.

- Lots of Sonic music to choose from (I've got just about everything from 1 to S&K on my ipod) but I decided to post one of my favorites from CD. The "Past" music on the games impresses me the most, and Collision Chaos's song stuck out to me. Not sure why.

- An absolutely fantastic song in the simplest of ways. The sadness and determination of the song almost breaks out of the place where it is used.

- Always puts me in a good mood!

- I really wish they would port this game over here, but it seems like they just wana ignore it. This is a favorite theme from the game; it's kinda bleak but I like it. Works great for exactly what it is named.

Okay I think ten is enough for now; just a snippet of favorites from all over the spectrum!
Last edited by Alexx on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Bear » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Holy shiiiiii... MARBLE MADNESS! Man this game was hard as hell. At least it was for me when I was a kid. Thank you for that sweet sweet nostalgia. I wanted to make a Marble Madness comic at one time and maybe one day we will hehe
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Alexx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Indeed Kerreth!!! Paper Mario has so much overlooked music. I remember the Koopa Bros. just because of how goofy they were. Since I was little, I had my mind programmed to accept that game bosses could only really be ominous and wicked. The Koopa Bros. really turned that around for me quickly. XD

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby chrisb » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:10 pm

^ You have to give Super Paper Mario a shot then. The soundtrack is great and it has he deepest story in a Mario game (it's very touching.) The bosses are hilarious as shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwTkZU6GM7c
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Kerreth » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:08 am

Can I list Marble Madness Level 4 as something I hate then? I think I've only ever beat that level like... once, ever.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise