[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Game Music Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Everything related to games~

Re: The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby Alexx » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:37 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Bear » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:17 am

You guys are starting to bring forth painfully repressed memories about how punishing that game was. I can feel my insides shatter slowly and being swept up into oblivion.

Of course, Bastion has a pretty amazing all around. I love the use of the acoustic guitar - more games need it. I just feel like the whole set drips with soul. Anyways, blows my mind at how great it is.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Farore » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Roll reminded me of this that is pretty sweet.
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Kerreth » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Well, we could always watch someone beat Marble Madness in less than 4 minutes... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k154KxQ2Sw8
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:06 am

"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Bear » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:12 am

Sadly, Aion fell short on being a good MMO for me, but the is still something I enjoy listening to. I especially enjoy this which is quite well done.

Speaking of the MMO that could have been, I've long since enjoyed RO2's with special props to and . For those interested, RO2 was composed by Yoko Kanno, famous for Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby chrisb » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:25 am

Grandia II - Cancao do Povo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UszQBl8bG0k
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Adol The Red » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Video Game music thread. Well, a lot of good stuff was covered already. Roll took care of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. However, I am one of five outspoken Ar Tonelico fans in existence, so we'll start there.

This is Spheria, of course various translations will also spell it Sphilia. Japanese l and r thing. Anyway, this is the best example of Hymnos I can think of. For those of you unfamiliar, and I'll try to be quick, Ar Tonelico has beings called Reyveteils, artificial life forms (orignally) that can cast powerful spells by linking to these giant towers. The spells come in the form of song magic, which in the game is in an aritificial language called Hymnos (sometimes made up words and sometimes just Japanese). Regular song magic is just for battle, but there are special songs that interact with the towers to carry out very specific tasks. Whereas the normal songs are developed by diving into the Reyveteil's mind and working out problems, the Hymns, as they are called, are pre-made, existing as a crystal that can be downloaded into the Reyveteil. In the game, these songs are always epic, and are some of the best music I have ever heard. Spheria is my favorite, and is my current favorite song, with vocals by Noriko Mitose. The opening to this song is actually supposed to be a conversation in Hymnos between two Reyveteils, so if it sounds a little odd, that's why.

Despedia. Hymnos comes in various forms. The sound of the song depends on the personality of the singer. This is a song used to control a fortress that can constanly produce enemies. The description in the game details their attempt to combine Bulgarian Chorus with Industrial, to some pretty great results. Again, Noriko Mitose.

Alphage. Song magic works by translating emotional energy into physical energy. Hymn Crystals are programmed with a certain emotion, but each Reyveteil will express that differently. Alphage is a great example because halfway through singing this song the character has a major revelation about her own past and her own identity, and the song itself changes as a result, going from something somewhat tepid to a more confident and forceful song. This song is done by Akiko Shikata, the post prominent singer in the series.

/ Purger is another example. In the first game you can choose which Reyveteil to download Purger into. These are both from the exact same Hymn Crystal, but are drastically different. The first one is Misha's, which is far more dramatic and confident, mirroring her personality. The second is Aurica's version. She is not very confident, and so the song starts with more trepidation. The first is done by Haruka Shimotsuki, and the second by Akiko Shikata.

I'll round out this Hymnos assault with Chronical Key. It's another Misha song, and hence very dramatic. It's also a very pretty song, though with a noticable melancholy. This is not without reason, as this song represents a life of servitude for Misha. Also done by Haruka Shimotsuki.

I'll stop with the Hymnos now. The Youtube pages should have plenty more options on the side if you find these interesting. Now time to wrap up with some Ys goodness. All from Ys 2 on the PSP.

Protectors The normal boss song. Gets you very pumped. A remix of this boss song from Ys 1
Battleground My favorite song from this game. When this song starts some things have gone down that make you want to tear apart every monster in sight. Hard to think of a song more apt.
Termination The final battle song of Ys 2 (of 1 and 2, since they are more like 2 halves of the same game). At first I didn't like how it wasn't quite as in your face as the other music, but I've grown to love it. I feel like this song is more like taking a step back and watching from afar. Everything else was an endless fight to a point. This is that point. This is the all or nothing.

And with that, I'll stop talking now.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Kerreth » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 am

The vicious cycle of listening to video game soundtracks on Youtube:

Play song you intended to listen to
Oh hey, I remember that other one in the related column! /click
And that one!
And that one!
And oh hey, that reminds me of a completely different game! /search
Oh my god moar related stuffs!
(times infinity)

Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Pie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:17 am

Stuff! XD Hope you all like these! =D oh, some of these are rather long because they're looped versions just so you know. =x

(fixed link)

Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise