[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Game Music Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Everything related to games~

Re: The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby Farore » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Ha! Tesla's vision finally mastered! Or remastered.

They gotta take those coils and attach them to the big villain's organ so that his music is also LIGHTNING.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby Farore » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:48 pm

on violin/piano. I wish I had talent >.<
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Adol The Red » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:08 am

There's nothing quite like the way the sounds of the violin and the piano come together. Very pretty music and calming to listen to. It's always interesting to watch people play music, to watch the way they move the parts of their body that aren't doing the playing. Head bobs and swaying and such. I always wonder if its a way to help keep timing, or perhaps just an added movement that helps with muscle memory. Of course, they just may be getting into it.

I wouldn't know because I was a foolish child that wasn't interested in playing music. I hated music classes, being the self-concious introvert that I am. Being made to get up and sing in front of the class was pure torture for me. Maybe, if those regular classes had included some sort of intstruments beyond the occasional noisey sticks (what are those things called again?) I might have been more interested. Alas, when everyone else in fourth grade was learning to play the recorder I was doing God only knew what. I wish I would have learned even that. To be able to just relax and play something, anything, would be wonderful, I think. I've messed around with a guitar a little bit, but the truth is between work, video games, and trying to write things, I just don't have the time for another interest. At least I can listen, though, and appreciate the talents of those who do play.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby Bear » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:36 am

So I'm finally catching up on all the wonderful things in the Gamer's Paradise section I've been neglecting due to Kickstarter stuff. I'm happy to see a bunch of tracks here I get to look forward to listening to when I get to coloring the next comic.

@Nesta - I finally sat down and read your write up on Nier. Good stuff man! The intro and excellent soundtrack picks really make it stand out; the part with Kaine talking to Weiss in the beginning really is awesome, I love how much grit she has. So, yeah, Pie and I are interested enough to pick it up, so as soon as we can, we will. The first boss looks totally reminded me of Gurren Lagann lol. I'm really in the mood to play some more dark, brooding, scary and/or emotional stuff lately, so I'm looking forward to it. Which reminds me...I need to work on Amnesia now (happy dance now that my computer is fixed)

@Adol - We're in the same boat about wishing we could play music, my friend. It's funny because my dad used to love to sing his songs and play guitar. He really had an insatiable love of music, mostly rock, and it is common for him to sing and play guitar when our family gets together. When I was young, I used to find it really silly and corny...and now I often find myself singing along to songs and being a big fan of music lol.

As to the reason why I don't play...My dad really wanted me to play guitar or piano when I was a kid. But I was a kid and I didn't want to be like him, plus I was REALLY interested in playing drums. I wanted to play drums SO BAD and would often look for used drum sets on sale in newspapers since a new full set was a huge investment. We had our own garage and everything that I could have practiced in. But my dad was DEAD SET against it. He told me that he wanted me to learn a "real" instrument.

Well, being the headstrong kid I was, I rebeled and refused to play ANY instrument and I certainly would NOT touch a guitar or piano. I wish I would have been more open to it because I would welcome the ability to play the guitar or piano now... such is life haha.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby TheNesta » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:20 am

Awesome, glad you finally got a chance to read it Bear! Doubly awesome that you guys are going to check it out. You'll have to let me know how that goes, but from what I can surmise of your guys' gaming taste, I think you'll enjoy it!

I actually have a few more songs to contribute to the thread today too!

Asura's Wrath is one of the new games that's come out this year that has really earned my affection. Much like NieR it was a big surprise, and I totally fell in love with it. Not too surprisingly, it also has an awesome soundtrack. Chikayo Fukuda composed this one, and I'm a big fan of hers from the .hack series of games. Here are a few of my favorite tracks.

: Otherwise known as In Your Belief. This is the game's opening track, and perhaps one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. I just got the soundtrack last night and hearing this in my nice headphones... man, just incredible.

: In a completely opposite direction, Fang is badass. It's one variation of the Orphan Wolf Legend song that serves as the theme music for the character Yasha. All of them are awesome, but this one is my favorite.

: Also known as... aw, forget it. I've just been including that original Japanese names from the official soundtrack anyways. Regardless, this is another beautiful track from the OST.

..and because you can never have enough NieR, here's a couple tracks from the recently released Piano Collection.

: The Emil theme was already one of the sadder tracks on the original OST, but when I heard this song earlier it just hit me hard. Really stirring.

: The funny thing about Repose is that it's not even one of my favorite tracks on the original OST, yet, on both the Tribute Album, and this Piano Collection it's one of my favorites.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Adol The Red » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:38 am

My dad owned an acoustic guitar, but never played it much. I still don't think I'd sing along, out loud, as that would be sort of mean to those around me. I do sing, but only when I'm at work. When you're outside in the winter fueling planes, freezing in the wind that just won't stop, you do anything to distract yourself. It's too loud out there for my singing to disturb anyone, so I just go nuts singing random songs I make up about any random thing. I also do skits. I have various voices and characters and go through weird scenarios. I'm not usually a loud person and don't like noise all that much in general, but in that environment I can just yell to my heart's content.

I was never really encouraged to play one way or the other. I was given a lot of freedom with what I wanted to do. Although I normally consider this a good thing, I think for me it led to a certain lack of discipline, because it turns out I don't want to do anything. At any rate, when I was a kid I did get a mini acoustic guitar as a toy. It worked, though, and my mom taught me to play smoke on the water on it. One of my cooler memories.

And now, some Mana Khemia music:

This song screams of Deiske Ishiwatari, but I didn't see him credited anywhere so I guess not.

Don't ask me I sure didn't name it. It is a character theme for a guy with glasses...
One of my favorite dungeon songs. If you listen closely, you can hear funk.

Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby chrisb » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:39 pm

chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby chrisb » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:41 pm

^ Forgot to mention how much my cat likes this song /heh Comes running up to the computer when he hears it. Pretty funny.
chrisb
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Pie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:27 am

oh Joseph, that's really cool that you remix music! XD Thanks for sharing your stuff.~ sorry for the uber late reply, I was just listening to the Megaman tracks. I agree with you that there isn't enough Megaman love on this topic! XD
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise