[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Game Music Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Everything related to games~

Re: The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby Mistaque » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:33 pm

It's

Also

Twilight Princess:

Why 10 hours? Because 10 hours!
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby TheNesta » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:22 am

Allow me to share another soundtrack that I'm really quite fond of.

is a downloadable title for PS3 and PC. It's a fairly simplistic puzzle game similar to Arkanoid, but it has a slick audio and visual presentation. And, obviously since this is the Game Music thread, I'm here to talk about the

: The game's first track, and probably my favorite one out of the lot.

: Following that is the game's second track which is also pretty radical. It kind of reminds me of Underground BGM from Yoshi's Island for some reason.

: Finally, the stage 6 music is my second favorite in the game. I don't know if they actually used Vocaloid software, but it certainly reminds me of one.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Adol The Red » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:35 pm

Here's some Xenosaga-

And here's an amazing I just found.

which links directly to

And now... MORE YS!

Just a great dungeon song.
Field song.
The final battle of Ys 1.
What you get to fight Dalles to. The song doesn't represent how dangerous Dalles is, it represents how much I wanted to tear his freaking face off.
The music for... um, the Ice Ridge of Noltia.
The music for, well, I think you get it.
A merchant song.
We're not done yet!
Song for Ramia Village. My favorite village song in the series so far.
If you look at my location, you will see that I have been listening to this for a very, very long time... Now you can too!

And now, for the hell of it-

Was just watching a friend play through Mega Man 2 and really enjoyed this song.

Finally, more Hymns from Ar Tonelico. Now without extensive explanations!

This is used during a timed battle.

This song is from the ending you get if you chose to form a deeper bond with my favorite of all the Reyveteils from the series.

...and I'm done for now.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Location: The Island of Sieren. I was on a ship, but I'm Adol so...

Postby TheNesta » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:42 pm

Really playing to my taste there Adol.

I'm a huge fan of the Xenosaga series, and one of the best things about it is the music. The wonderful Yasunori Mitsuda did the soundtrack for the first game, continuing his legacy from Xenogears. Unfortunately it isn't his best work, but there's certainly some amazing tracks in there, including Sophie Peithos of course.

Things get interesting in Xenosaga II and III when they changed up the composer. Lucky for us, they chose wisely. The equally talented Yuki Kajiura composed the soundtracks for Episode II and III and they are fantastic. I've already gushed about her work on Puella Magi Madoka Magica, but I would highly recommend anyone checking out more of her work.

And then of course Gust Sound Team does an excellent job with the Ar Tonelico series. Which is appropriate considering the game is so steeped in music. I've listened to the Ar Tonelico 2 soundtrack many, many times.
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:26 am

Well at least I know the hour I spent on that post was time well spent. I loved Yuki Kajuira's music from the moment I first heard it. I know someone else did some music for Xenosaga II as well, but I don't remember the name and no-one seemed interested in selling it (at least not that I saw). She also did the music for Noir. Not as exciting, but certainly appropriate. Now that I know she did Puella Magi Madoka Magica, it makes me even more interested in checking that series out.

And oh the hours upon hours I've spent collecting a complete Ar Tonelico music collection. Why oh why they make it so hard to enjoy such wonderful music is beyond me. I'm normally not able to concentrate on long and tedious projects, but when I really, really want something, some form of legitemate motivation crawls out of its hidey hole in my head and I stop at nothing to get it. Honestly, the Hymns from Ar Tonelico are my current favorite music, and I listen to them more than anything else. I don't really even know how to describe them. Something like opera + Bulgarian chorus + sheer awesome maybe? I don't know. The only sad thing about the series being complete is that there will be no more music from it. I've taken to searching out other music by Noriko Mitose. I respect and enjoy all the singers from the series, but she is my favorite. I've enjoyed what I've found on YouTube. I'd love to import some of her stuff, but it's usually around 80 dollars. At least, that's all I've managed to find.

And I dream of hearing this music in concert. Imagine seeing Spheria performed live. Man oh man. And while we're on the subject of Noriko Mitose and Ar Tonelico 2, she also did the vocals for . Such a great world map song, and nice to just listen to when you want to relax. I do like how the second world map song is a bit of a more dramatic remix of this, but this is probably my favorite map song from the series.

I may just have to buy that Shatter soundtrack. Good stuff. (sigh) This means I'll eventually have to finish my project of going through my library and deciding just what I want on my player, because I'm almost out of space. Also, the soundtrack to is supposed to be releasing on PSN and iTunes on the 10th. ...which I guess is today. I really should sleep.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby TheNesta » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:42 am

On that note, I'd be remiss not to mention this masterpiece from Ar Tonelico 3.

/meh2
TheNesta
Rogue LV 80/48
Rogue  LV 80/48

Postby Kerreth » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:17 am

I'm playing through LA Noire now and
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:57 am

Umm... Excuse me. -pokes Adol on the shoulder- You forgot this one.^

Seriously, there's a reason I got the OST for the first one on disc. :3
SO MUCH ORCHESTRAL GOODNESS!!! This battle theme is just a personal fav as it got pounded into my 13 year old head when I play the game for hours.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Adol The Red » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:19 am

is what got pounded into my head for hours. I spent so much time leveling on the Woglinde. And oh, Woglinde. Wo-Glin-De. Just slides off the tongue, doesn't it.

Back to normalcy. Yeah, there's a lot I could have added from one, and 2 and 3. Perhaps in a future post...

I see your EXEC_CUTYPUMP/., and raise you Heh. I didn't like this song at first, but to be honest, its really grown on me. Akiko Shikata is an amazing singer. She has an incredible range, but what also gets me is how she manages to sing in character. Each set of songs she does for the three Reyveteils she sings for seem to capture their personalities. Also, I'm impressed with the English localization team for finding voice talent that matches the way she sang the songs. Listen to Saki's english dialogue, and listen to her songs. The voices match up. The same for Aurica and Cloche. There different VAs, one singer. Shows you how much talent Shikata really has.
Epic , brah!
Adol The Red
High Swordman LV 63/45
High Swordman  LV 63/45

Postby Mistaque » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:15 am

Some tracks from Kid Icarus: Uprising~

Also
(the only theme I could find of that game off YouTube with a few searches)
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise