[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - The Awesome Game Music Thread!
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Everything related to games~

Re: The Awesome Game Music Thread!

Postby Kerreth » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:15 am

Going back to music that brings back bad rage inducing memories... from just a few months ago. >.>

FUCK YOU THIS PLACE IS NOT FUN FUN.
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 am

Ooooh for the chance to stab that son of a bitch clown. Fun Fun Island was about as fun as a fun-size candy bar. Do they do that crap on purpose? Put an annoying ass clown RIGHT in reach of a guy with a sword, but then take away your ability to use said sword? The clown has a peice of heart for pete's sake! Here clown, how about this: You give me the peice of heart and I go save the world, how about that? I could sit on my hero ass and do nothing! A peice of heart might persuade me to go save your sorry clown life.

'Course I guess that goes for anyone in a Zelda game that withheld items that could help the hero SAVE THEM ALL. I'm looking at you, Fledge.

In the spirit of that, how about music I heard OVER AND OVER AND OVER while solving puzzles and the like?

, Lufia 2 - Course I could count this for a LOT of puzzles in this game. Just about any dungeon theme became intimately familar, but this one I remember because of plant puzzle. Every step or movement you make allows the plants to grow; three steps without destroying one and the plants bloom and you lose. Looks easy by the video, of course, but I did this in the days before the internet. Took a loooong time.

, Earthbound - This wasn't a puzzle or anything; I just sucked so much at my original playthrough of the game that I was trapped here for a long time. I got down there, saved, and OH GOD every enemy was kicking the crap out of me. I managed to trudge along to the horrible Diamond Dog boss and kept losing there over and over. I set the game down for a long time, periodically picking it up to wander around the Lost Underworld; hence the song being stuck in my head. Eventually I buckled down and treated every battle like a boss battle until I was able to eke out enough levels to kill that stupid dog...

, Final Fantasy 2 - Maybe I just sucked, but it felt like I was in every dungeon in FF2 forever, and this song is SO plodding and boring. I can pick this out of my brain easily....it's still there. I wouldn't even have to look up the song; I could hum it for you, and I haven't played this game in a long time! Haven't even played it a second time. Probably never will.

, Final Fantasy - Not only was I here for a long time when I first got to the Castle, I also came back countless times to level up on Warmechs! Heard this song a lot. A LOT. DOOT-do-DO-DO ~ DOOOOOO ~ DO-do-do-do-DO-DO-DOOOOO-DO-DOOOOO

, Mega Man 8 - JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

, Metroid - Uuugh...wandering around here forever to this song. I just...it kills me every time. I've never made it through the original Metroid, but I'll blame that on having played it after playing the perfection that is Super Metroid. I'd still like to get through this some day, but this song...and wandering around Norfair...it makes me weep inside.

I know there are more, but those are some particular stand-outs for me.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Ohhh man Lufia 2, I really liked both of those, 1 and 2 that is. There's a lot of good music for both.

- Lufia 2

- Lufia 2, though it says that it's actually the music for the final battle...area
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Mistaque » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Kid Icarus: Uprising -

Kid Icarus: Uprising -

Aquaria -

Aquaria -

Aquaria -

Aquaria -

Aquaria -

Trine 2 -

Trine 2 -

Trine 2 -

Kirby Air Ride -

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword -

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale -

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale -
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Alexx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Last edited by Alexx on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog
Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:45 pm

you linked to The Earth (world map song) instead. That song though they use in a few parts, not sure if I remember a glitched area though.

I always did like that game's Boss music though, it's like I can feel the characters determination. Port town though...I don't remember exactly why, but I had to hear the beginning of that song...like a LOT. Maybe there was somewhere I had to go in and out of for some reason...or something...so now when I hear that song it's like x.O

In any case, I had played Lufia I THINK around when it came out...ish. It came out in 1993, and Lufia 2 was in 1996, though I hadn't heard of it at all, as in, I didn't know they were making another, so it was kind of a surprise when I saw it at a local game shop. So when I actually got Lufia 2 it may have been a bit later than that so at this point as a kid it felt like I played the original forever ago lol. I played the crap out of it though, all the way through, then "Retry" (new game+) then the new game ++ which was just the ancient cave thing but you could use any characters from the game. That I also played the crap out of to try and collect everything in there lol.

As I'm sure you know Lufia 2 is a prequel, though there is ONE lil surprise after you beat the Sinistrals for people who played Lufia (since that game starts with the final 4 characters in the fortress of doom, so you start the game by fighting the Sinistrals, which is a really cool way to start the game btw). I know TheNesta has some story about Lufia 2 also if he sees this.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Alexx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

Postby RollCasket » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 pm

This is turning into all Lufia talk now but it's rare to find other people that played it, lol.

I actually was excited when I heard the gb color one was coming but yeah, it wasn't quite the same...and I never did go all the way through. Oddly enough the DS re...imagining...of Lufia 2 is pretty fun though. It's definitely different and I love the snes one much more, but it's certainly not bad, though I still have yet to finish it I've gotten a decent bit into it.

I kinda like the ancient cave though, if not obvious by the fact that I collected most everything in it (those last few Iris Treasures...fuck...) but then I'm kinda weird about rpgs in general. I leap at the chance to jump into strange and ever changing dungeons and also enjoy grinding as I find it strangely relaxing. This is probably also why I have 11 85s in WoW (with another at 84 and a half and another at 83).

This is completely random to games but I always read back what I wrote and I just said "leap at the chance to jump"...hmmm...>.>

To keep this slightly more topical . Which, the first time I heard I was like "holy shit what's going on?!" The real kicker for me is at 1:14.

I had never heard this one before but apparently someone did an , amazing.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Speaking of Secret of Mana...I thought one of the coolest things ever was how the flight music changed to what was going on.

(first theme obviously) not my fav track, but it works.
(2nd and doesn't last too long, but cool besides)
(final flight song)

SoM1 and 2 (or Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3 if you prefer) were SO GOOD...it's a shame Square has dropped this series. Course it's partly cause the later ones didn't sell, but that's also their own fault =P Even Legend of Mana, with many of it's odd decisions is a lot of fun, especially after you figure out how best to place things on the map and make use of some of the things from your home spot.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Alexx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Alexx
Knight LV 98/50
Knight  LV 98/50

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise