[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Xenoblade
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Xenoblade

Everything related to games~

Re: Xenoblade

Postby RollCasket » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:36 am

Little update, but I'm still getting through this game not fast enough. I say that only because I'm really into the story but not able to play it enough x.x

There's apparently a new game+ also and that's when you're meant to do more of the side missions and kill all those uber world bosses so that's cool...and gives me an excuse to burn through to get all the good story first lol. My only minor complaint is now I've gotten 3 extra characters that have all not seen a single battle cause the setup I've been using works too well =P Basically it's main guy, tank, healer, with no room for anyone else. It's not too bad though cause I like em so I don't have a problem with it.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:40 pm

So...disregard that last bit about being stuck with that team lol. First was a battle where I had to switch out the main character because his weapon doesn't work on the enemies I was fighting, which it totally explained in the beginning and I kinda forgot about it but I think it's really cool that they stuck with that and it actually means something in the gameplay of the game. I also after another battle changed out my main tank for a dodge type tank though he has few aggro abilities he's able to hold at least one enemy well...I dread having to fight another big group of enemies lol.

It seems that a lot of people have different party setups going on, not to mention I haven't gotten the 7th character yet. Speaking of, someone said you get the 6th at about 25% through the game and then you get the 7th around 50-60% of the game...holy shit x.x I think I'm getting close to that though just based on some of the things happening in-game but jesus christ this game is massive =X
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby RollCasket » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Recent announcement! Xenoblade going to be released in the US now. Figures they'd do that after I went through the trouble of importing and everything...but hey, now more people get to experience the best jrpg in a long while.

Speaking of, really wish I had time to play it x.x I'm like...at the area I get the 7th character. I forget how many hours I'm at but it was at least 40+ hours. So in total it's safe to say the game is 100 hours or so. Not to mention extra stuff to do in new game+ lol.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tehwilburforce » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:25 am

Now all we need to do is nag NIntendo again until they put a US release date on Last Story. lol. I went and pre-ordered Xenoblade yesterday. I can hardly wait!!! I have plenty of games to tide me over until then.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:02 am

I'm finally able to play this game some more and finally have the last character which means I passed the halfway point. I'm currently just over 49 hours which means the game is between 80-120 hours depending on how many side quests you do =P

I reluctantly changed my party even though it was working super well only cause I wanted the new character in, and for the most part it's working fine...though now I'm missing a character with a topple ability so I had to switch for one short optional boss.

In any case, even though some of the biggest plot twists have happened it continues to be interesting and add more stuff into the story and I can tell there is going to be some crazy stuff still to come.

Normally I would personally never buy a system for one game, but if you don't have Wii you should buy one, you can get them used cheap now. If you really need further justification I can list other games for you but this one alone is worth it =P
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Luc of True Wind » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:02 pm

I am so excited to play this game now! I watched some of the gameplay footage and I fell in love with the game. I'm so glad I reserved it /ho

I might be posting here when I begin playing it to express my awe /heh
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby RollCasket » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:05 am

I finally got to beat this game, and spent just shy of 80 hours doing it (though I'm going to go back and do side quests/bosses). I can't stress enough how great this game is, I can't even oversell it.

Before I gush about it, it seems you can only get it through GameStop or Nintendo directly and it releases on 4/6/12. If you have a Wii you really need this game and if you don't it's good enough that you can pick up a used Wii on the cheap just to play this game (though Last Story and Pandora's Tower helps too).

In any case, gush time, which I've already done a fair bit of. As mentioned early on I managed to figure out certain things in the story on my own by picking up on hints in the game early on, which made those twists even cooler. Despite that, there were STILL a massive amount of twists and crazy stuff that happened all along the amazingly paced story that kept it interesting and drove me all the way to the end.

Speaking of pacing, I mentioned this before, but other than the story's awesome pacing, the difficulty was also great. As long as the game is, it still manages to be paced in a way that if you do a small amount of side stuff (basically what you complete on the way) you can keep it just hard enough all the way through. Even if you do a ton, there are still the super bosses and other special named mobs to give you some trouble.

I could talk a lot more about this than I already have this whole thread, but I'll just say that this is one of the best games of any type I've played in a long time. The story first and foremost is amazing, looks great, awesome combat, great music, good characters, it's just great all around. If you need to be sold on it further Bear, there are some good Gurren Lagann vibes in multiple parts of the story.

Plus, I am dying to talk about this game more and it sucks that I'm the only one who's gotten to play it x.x
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:17 am

Haha! I'm curious as to why I was singled out in your post. As if you were kinda like grabbing me by the collar and saying... you NEED to PLAY this GAME. I WANT A COMIC ON IT. hehe

Damnit man, there is too much good shit out right nowwwww. I still need to get Skyward Sword and I want to check out Radiant Historia before it goes extinct again hehe.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Lol...well I think EVERYONE should play it, but especially those with rich RPG backgrounds and I know you have that. Though I'd also be lying if I said I didn't want a comic on it =P Not entirely sure what it'd even be about...but I still want it =P

In any case, everyone owes it to themselves to play this game! I do feel you about having too many to play though cause I am ALWAYS in that boat.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:17 pm

IT'S COMING TOMORROW!!!! THANK YOU NINTENDO, I LOVE YOU!!!! -laughs then cries tears of joy-

I seriously can't wait for this game. I've been starved of good Wii games her in the U.S. a while, so it'll be good to play a console game again. (Seriously, after I go shopping for a tie with my prom date, the rest of the day is for Xenoblade) lol. Go show Ninty that you want more awesomely awesome games like Xenoblade by getting yourself a copy. ;)

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise