[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Dragon Nest
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Dragon Nest

Everything related to games~

Re: Dragon Nest

Postby RollCasket » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:54 am

Much of my beginning was plagued with bad loading times, which I had to sit through SEVERAL times as I kept getting dced a bunch for some reason, a bit of lag during play, and the aforementioned controls or whatever problem it was that was making me attack while I wasn't doing anything. So...not a good start =P

My warrior is 10 now though and I'm trying to decide between Merc and Swordie...which is hard cause Merc sounds more like what I want...EXCEPT that it's axes and hammers only...and I like the swords better >.> Which normally I like going two handed axes (aka Presea from Tales of Symphonia) but I like the feel of swords better here.

I think all that video did though was make me decide not to play archer at all =P There is WAY too much arrow spam for me. I was hoping acrobat would be more combo driven with the addition of ranged attacks, kinda like the Elsword archer, but sadly not =/ So I think I'll delete her so I can use the name on a Sorceress and possibly go Ele.

I'm sure you and Pie are both playing together so I dunno how much easier that makes it, or harder depending on if they increase monster strength/hp or number of mobs when you have more people, I dunno. So far I've just been soloing and even did an Abyss difficulty with a SSS with no problem other than a bit of lag here and there. I'll mess around with it some more...at least so I can check out sub job stuff and see how that changes things. I also hope it's not like those other games where you can solo up to a point then it's near impossible without a full group.

What lvl are you two btw?
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:37 am

Hmm, well, Pie and I haven't had a whole lot of time to play together. Our archers are about 12 and the Mystic I made I solo on and just got to 15.

I'm undecided what my build will be so I was going to leave her there until I have time to research it so I don't waste the one free skill reset scroll they give you on class change (if you turn in the quest with Irene, you'll have one week to use the scroll, but that's IF you turn the quest in).

Hmm, I thought abyss was rather challenging and fun, and started to solo them when my sorceress was 10. I've had a lot of tough situations and it didn't seem too easy, but I have no idea how a swordie plays, so maybe your higher armor class helps a lot? Or if you have good ways to crowd control? Sadly, I don't think that enemies get stronger or more numerous based on group sizing, which could suck for party play if were soloing abyss dungeons already - but of course that is probably way too early to tell.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:00 am

Swordie seems a lot harder so far, esp since I think taking damage decreases rank (it does in all these same style games) but I think I got a pretty good feel for em so far, at least as much as I can at this low level. I have a feeling though just being in melee is going to cause problems later on when trying to solo =P He DOES have a decent amount of aoe and stuns, you just have to be careful is all, basicaly it's a lot of running around like a chicken with it's head cut off =P The sorc seems a lot easier, I just have to do it a bit faster to get that lil bit from SS to SSS. I've played a lot of these types of games, I'm no master at em, but it also might be why it's pretty easy so far.

Oh, and is loot shared in party or do you see your own or what? It's good you get a free skill reset cause I'm kinda just checking everything out as it comes along =P Well, almost everything, except the ones that I know I woudn't use just by the sound of em.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Everyone in group shares the loot, with it by default just going in round robin when it is picked up - except for cash which I think is evenly split. Also, loot is significantly decreased in abyss mode so people can focus on killing and having fun instead of gathering lots of items. If you really want items you need to run master mode, though many times I run out of inventory space through the course of one.

Yeah, I imagine sorceress is much easier than a melee class, they seem to have no worries for mana at low levels and crowd control is easy to chain with their poison skill which allows for you to string together a long series of attacks while waiting for CDs to reset. Just like any class, you have to be careful not to get caught by enemy attacks, especially groups of assassins as they will keep you air-juggled. Groups of bison can do the same with hits and knock-ups, which if you get caught in a bad spot can deplete half your life.

Like you, I'm used to this style of game so I think it's easy for me to adapt to. One concern is that difficulty may end up being too easy if one class can solo abyss dungeons no problem, but they are early dungeons and good game design would mean a ramp-up in difficulty as the game progresses, so we'll see.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:39 pm

Wow, so nevermind, doing fucking fine and then I do Raider's Rock, just fine through the whole damn stage, and then I get to the 3 dark elves and can barely even move, let alone attack any of them. SOMEHOW the range of their kicks is further than a greatsword and they all three just keep knocking me in the air over and over. If I didn't have to get right up in their faces to attack it probably wouldn't be as hard but yeah, if that was THAT fucking annoying I don't see myself getting very far in this game at all >.>

Yeah, total 180 from what I was saying before, but this is barely out of the starter area and I'm sure it'll only get worse. I like playing with people and all but sometimes I just want to solo and apparently that's not gonna happen unless I play a ranged class >.> Nothing is more frustrating than feeling useless as you bounce impossibly in the air over and over again.

Ugh...so fucking annoyed...-_-
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Well, don't get too annoyed Roll. Later in the class tree is an aerial evasion maneuver to help from preventing that. Plus you don't HAVE to play abyss mode. Just keep in mind that it is impossible to have a class be completely balanced at every stage of growth, it just takes time.

I know that I wouldn't be able to do raider's rock on my archer nearly as well as my sorceress because early on the poisons skill keeps them locked in place. It was actually the first dungeon I solo'd on abyss, but that was full well knowing my sorceress had a shot because of the abilities I had available.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Decaf » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm on Velskud D:, don't wanna leave my dragon wings behind Q_Q.
Decaf
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby RollCasket » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:30 am

I'm still up and down on the game...I will have to say it's far from Phantasy Star levels for me, but at the same time they are kinda different games. Having played every PS on PSP, DS, Gamecube and of course Dreamcast, I definitely prefer that style and am drooling over PSO2 already.

I'll try and keep up with this though and just play it more casually on easier difficulties since it's just way too annoying as a melee character. Then maybe we can all play at some point =P
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Ninja_moofin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:43 pm

hmmm I haven't played it in awhile, I might have to check to see what server my archer is on.
Ninja_moofin
Swordman LV 52/40
Swordman  LV 52/40

Postby Bear » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Pie and I kinda dropped DN a while ago T-T Ever since we started making the comic we have a tendency to play through games as fast as possible. Though I guess we owe the game more of a re-look now that Saints Haven is in. Maybe when the next patch drops....hmmm

We kind got turned off at how serious it was getting with Saint Haven, and it lost a bit of its charm. We thought that one of the things that was such a strong suit for the game in Carderock was its whimsical nature.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise