[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Guild Wars 2
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Guild Wars 2

Everything related to games~

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby Doctor G33K » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Squirrel, this game is being playtested on computers that were average several years ago. If you can run TF2 you can probably run this game.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but
that's just peanuts to space, listen..."
~R.I.P. Douglas Adams (I promise I'll stop confusing you with Stephen Douglas)
Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby th3squirr3l » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Ok, that's comforting. Maybe I'll even have a new computer by then :D
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Reaper154 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Hey guys I'm sorta new here (joined 5 secs ago) but I would really like to join your guild because you seem like really chill people n.n going char guardian
Reaper154
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby ThePaul » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Don't worry, you should be able to join in on the friendship party boat well before the game comes out, if you stick around. Like half of us have only been here a couple weeks as it is ;)
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Doctor G33K » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:47 pm

I'll do really lame signatures for anyone that wants one! They're exactly like the ones Squirrel and I have, I just need to know your race and profession!

(Note that I'm not an actual artist. Just got mad paint.net skills and stock images)

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but
Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby th3squirr3l » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Reaper! :D

Go make yourself an introduction thread xD

(Also, I told him to join in, he's a friend of mine in real life lol.)
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

Postby Doctor G33K » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Made myself a new siggy. This once took longer to make, so I don't think I'll be making any of these kinds. But if you want me to do what I've been doing for everyone else I'll be glad to make you one of those. Those are easier to make.

Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby Luc of True Wind » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:18 pm

I too am so excited about playing this game! I really want to play a good MMO again, and I think this one will be one worth playing. /ok
I may not be able to play as much as I would have in the past, but any time playing with great people and dear friends is time well spent.
I would request a signature, but I am still unsure about what class and race I would like to play as, I need to see the character creation to see what race I would like, and I am in between elementalist and mesmer /hmm
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby RollCasket » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Mesmer and Elementalist? Do they even have those in the 2nd one? Those are old school, like Guild Wars 1 pre any expansions. One of my favs was Necro/Mesmer, had a lot of pvp fun with that.

My only worry about 2 is that I'll get bored with it like I did the first one...also, having to go find spells was not fun =P I'm not even sure if they'll have that in 2, haven't really read much into it.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Doctor G33K » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Lots of changes. I'll outline the things you just said quickly:

1.) Skills are pretty much based on what weapon you have. Switch your weapon and you switch your active skillset. Limits of 5 weapon skills, 4 utility skills, and 1 elite skill.

2.) As you use a weapon more and more skills unlock over time. They are supposed to unlock fairly quickly though, so you won't be grinding for the best of them.

3.) Traits are basically "perks" that will require completion of challenges throughout the world. That's pretty much like what you were talking about.

4.) Classes in GW2:

Warrior - Same as before, can effectively wield a bow and rifle though.
Thief - Cloak and Dagger, assassinish.
Ranger - Same old same old, gets an axe though. Pets exist.
Engineer - Brand new. Access to turret and barricades, uses a rifle as a main weapon. Cannot switch weapons mid-battle, instead switches his utilities via kits. Has access to a flamethrower.
Mesmer - Same old, uses a sword as well now, summons images that attack your foes.
Necromaner - Probably the closest to the old class. You can sacrifice any of your minions to commit an effect.
Guardian - Warrior focusing on buffing and defense. More tankish, but can still deal damage.
Elementalist - You know this one by now. Four style. Air - single target DPS, Water - Healer, Earth - Tank, Fire - AoE DPS. Can't change weapons mid battle I believe, or at least elements.

All of the classes ARE significantly different from GW however, so I'd still give them a looksie. Guildwars2.com.

Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise