[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Guild Wars 2
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Guild Wars 2

Everything related to games~

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby Mistaque » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:58 am

Yes, it starts at noon Pacific time, aka 1 hour from this post.

They removed a plenty servers too.. which one do we pick now?

http://www.arena.net/blog/the-worlds-of ... kend-event

They also wiped characters from old betas.
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:54 am

New server is Ehmry Bay for now.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby ThePaul » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:21 pm

I probably won't be getting on till after I see Batman Rise tonight, but I'm going to make an effort to play more of this than TSW this weekend.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:02 am

Asura = very yes

also, my dual pistol all Power thief, Lilfury, is pretty crazy, can take out enemies up to 6 lvls higher most times, quite awesome.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Ninja_moofin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:55 am

you guys will have to tell me how you like the 2 new races, I'm going to try and get on but not sure I will have time this weekend. /sob
Ninja_moofin
Swordman LV 52/40
Swordman  LV 52/40

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Well moofin, as I said, Asura are pretty awesome, easily my favorite race =P Their animations are super fluid and cute, the story was interesting, and the layout and overall quests/events in their zone seemed a lot better paced from some of the other races I tried. On that note, Sylvari or whatever they were called, while I like how they look I didn't like their starter zone, not as well paced for sure, though maybe it gets better after that opening hump.

In any case, totally makin Lilfury the thief my main, dual pistols with all power is too much fun. ! I have just shy of 1k attack! lol
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Ninja_moofin » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Thanks Roll! ya I managed to get on for a hour or so, liked what you said so I tried them out as well. They actually were really fun, they also did do a good job of animating them just like you said.
Ninja_moofin
Swordman LV 52/40
Swordman  LV 52/40

Postby Luc of True Wind » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:19 pm

I am now stuck debating whether I will make a Human or a Sylvari as my main character...
I know I want to have an Elementalist main and a Mesmer sub character, but which one will be Human and which one will be Sylvari?! /omg

I fell in love with the Sylvari starting zone when I began to do all the quests and my personal story. The Grove is simply breathtaking, and the surrounding areas are so intricate and idyllic; I love it! /heh

Decisions, decisions I hope i can make up my mind by the time I get the game /sob
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Bear » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Wow Roll, I can't believe you got so far so quickly! Glad to hear you liked it that much though!

Pie was playing a thief for the little bit that we were on, and she seemed to really enjoy it while I ended up playing a warrior and liking it quite a bit. I was becoming a little intrigued by how the thief played too, watching some of the neat moves and mobbing she was doing. I think what is really interesting about this game is how each class feels compelling to play, to the point where making the decision on what to start with is actually a rather difficult decision for us. Pie didn't even play thief for long enough to unlock all the weapon skills and it seemed like she was even considering making it her main.

Also, I thought the character creation for the Sylvari was quite excellent! You were able to get a lot of really interesting, even alien, looking styles and coupled with the glowing effect adding a third color to the palette of their skin tones was really neat; I was rather happy with how well ArenaNet created this race, but I really wish they would have picked some other story than "the Dream"-centric plot, because...god damnit, it was just too closely related to Night Elves.

I can't wait to check out Rata Sum and the Asura zones though; I didn't want to see it this weekend because I wanted enough time to really indulge on it after launch.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby ThePaul » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:28 pm

I couldn't stop making Sylvari with mushroom cap "Hair" option /swt2
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise