[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Guild Wars 2
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Guild Wars 2

Everything related to games~

Guild Wars 2

Postby Bear » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:04 am

Pie and I will be playing this when it comes out - the game looks amazing and totally sold us on it. We had to unsub from WoW recently, so this and Dragon Nest came at a really good time for us.

Why must I be so addicted to MMOs?!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby RollCasket » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:15 am

Yeah I'm still kinda on the fence about GW2...I played a bit of 1...the game is just so pvp focused and not much other endgame than that. Granted, it was good pvp and fun...but I can only do so much of that before getting bored.

Prolly gonna jump to the Star Wars Old Republic though, since I too am also addicted to MMOs and seem to always need one to play =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:25 am

Oh god not SW! Just stick with Dragon Nest and I'll let you know how GW2 turns out when its released lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Bear » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Man, the environment design for this game is absolutely incredible. Just saw this video today and it's making me think I may need graphics card and/or computer upgrade haha.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/asura ... s-2/720988
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Ninja_moofin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:42 pm

I Feel the same Bear, been watching this one closely for anything and everything. so freaking excited!
Pretty much all the classes look amazing!
although I am having a hard time deciding what Race I want to be. /swt2
Ninja_moofin
Swordman LV 52/40
Swordman  LV 52/40

Postby Bear » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Mwhahaha! Awesome! I am also having that problem. I really think that I want to play an Asura to start, but one of our best friends Carlos (who I guilted into not posting on the forums this week, so you may start seeing him again) is very picky about his characters being "good looking". Whatever that means lol.

I want to play Asura because their capital looks so amazing. The human capital looks amazing too, so I think I will probably do what I always do and be playing multiple characters at the same time. Sylvari also look interesting, and I wouldn't mind checking out Norn, but I don't like the hobbit-style houses they have. So yeah, it is a pretty tough choice.

I am completely undecided as to a class though. I usually get stuck playing tanks because its hard to find good tanks, but thankfully I wont have that problem with this game. I think I might go Mesmer because I like playing around with alternate classes. Engineer is also pretty interesting looking, but I think Carlos will end up playing that.

Anyone who is on our forums and intends to play GW2 should coordinate what server to start out on!
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Ninja_moofin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 pm

HAHA I know people like that as well!

See I always play Human I think it is the idea that i'm still well... human and I get to do Crazy stuff that draws me to it. But I like the thinking behind the Norn a lot as well! But the Asura do have wicked awesome looking structures not to mention they have a funny attitude towards pretty much everything. So I will probably be like you and roll a bunch of them. the Sylvari didn't really interest me to be honest. and the Charr I like the comradery with the legions and all.

I will probably roll 1 of each as for my main I usually play tanks as well but it's more because I like the in your face action the idea that you're more or less holding some giant or not so giant thing back from your group. But I agree thankfully we wont have to worry about that tank, healer, dps silliness. I think Thief will be my main choice, followed by a mesmer, I will admit though the mesmer looks freaking amazing when looking at the skills they get to play with! and the misdirection you can cause with the clones and stuff it really has my interest. But all the classes have a attraction to them.

I am totally down with that Bear! Life in Aggro will Conquer Z World! /gg
Ninja_moofin
Swordman LV 52/40
Swordman  LV 52/40

Postby Bear » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Hehe! Don't get me wrong, I love playing tank. I mean, I love to lead in general, and I always love playing classes that are pivotal in battles. So tanks and healers are always really fun for me.

I think the big thing about me wanting to get away from tank is because of WoW. I was almost always on my pally because there were so few good tanks to group with. And I loved it for a while but after a while I would get really bored. I need to have a variety of play styles in my games, otherwise my enjoyment really starts to dwindle.

Especially in WoW because I don't feel like the game was really that hard. Once I had a pull style and rotation, it was pretty much always the same thing. Especially with Pie and Carlos being such great healers. Made the game easy lol.

but yes yes! Can't WAIT for this game. Every weekend that goes by, I whine in my chair... "Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy isn't this game out yet" I want it so hard it hurts. I have blue balls for this game.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Luc of True Wind » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:53 pm

Hiiiii! I'm back on the forums now /lv

I somehow knew that someone was talking about me /hmm

Yes I am super excited about Guild Wars 2 and I am thinking of playing a support class like Engineer or Mesmer, but I really like Elementalists too. I am between Human or Sylvari, but I hope that once I get to see the character creation I will decide what I want to make.

I miss playing an MMO so much :( I love how fun they are and I love playing with awesome people like Wiz and Fei /lv

I am looking forward to it /no1
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Ninja_moofin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 am

I have to agree with what you said bear. /no1

Nice to meet you Luc!

I look forward to it as well! /ok
Ninja_moofin
Swordman LV 52/40
Swordman  LV 52/40