[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Guild Wars 2
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Guild Wars 2

Everything related to games~

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby Doctor G33K » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:08 pm

EDIT: Never mind, didn't see Luc's post. That's where you got FF4 from. =P

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly
big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but
that's just peanuts to space, listen..."
~R.I.P. Douglas Adams (I promise I'll stop confusing you with Stephen Douglas)
Doctor G33K
Bard LV 75/44
Bard  LV 75/44

Postby ThePaul » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm personally glad to see a professional mmo try break free from the Tank/Healer/Dps model. I'm more worried about every mmo being the same where your choice is just a preferred skin than characters.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Luc of True Wind » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:57 pm

I just wanted to express my opinion before :)
I absolutely love ff4 and to this day it remains one of my favorite games ever! Rosa in that game is like the epitome of what a healer class should be like :)
I hope you do try out gw2 with us roll! It would be great to have you with us :)
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Maybe that's one of my problems as far as "endgame" goes...unless the story is REALLY interesting I don't like questing after cap. It's kinda hard to describe so I'll just say it this way...in WoW I have an 85 of every class (cept dk is 83 cause they're not that fun to me) and I have multiple other characters I've lvled up and rerolled, lvled in different ways/done different things with etc...but once I am max I do everything possible to avoid further questing, I hate dailies with a passion. So even though I've done probably a million quests between all characters, I was doing it for exp.

So yeah, unless the story is really good, or there are some cool tactical battles/raids or something, I don't like questing after cap.

I'm kinda confused by your comment Paul, it sounded contradictory unless I missed what you meant. This is not the first game to try and blur the tank/healer/dps lines though.

Doc I'm honestly not sure which expansion(s) it was, I know I played almost all of one and a bit of another but I was done at that point...they didn't seem as fun as "vanilla" GW.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby ThePaul » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Plenty of other games have said they were trying to break the mold, but I haven't scene an MMO that's actually tried all that hard at it.

I'm not really sure what I'm saying any more, though. I'm going to have to reconsult my user manual for a couple hours. Bye.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Sorry Paul, hopefully that didn't come across mean the way I said it, didn't mean it that way, was just not sure whatcha meant. I can't think off the top of my head which other ones are different, but Star Wars doesn't really have set roles and similar to how GW2 sounds there are a few that a lil more healish or tankish than others. There are also some games where you can get away with not having a sort or healer or tank like City of Heroes/Villians, which I also enjoyed a great deal but didn't have anyone to play with anymore.

Most all of my posts/replies are at work on an iphone so I'm not always sure how complete my thoughts are coming across all the time.
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby ThePaul » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Nope, nothing in my owner's manual. /no1

Anywho, SW:TOR doesn't really get away from the rolls at all. It makes it look like it does, but from what I've played, it just puts hides the Holy Trinity in the 3 trees each class's Specialization has. I don't see it as a real attempt to break from the mold, and people definitely still call out "Looking for Healer/Tank/DPS/Nerf Herder."
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby ThePaul » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Also, no worries. /no1
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby RollCasket » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Well yeah I saw that, but the game is still totally soloable. From what the Doc said GW2 has similar classes with tankish or healish specs.

Basically, the reason the Trinity is there is because you have to have some way to heal yourself and/or others, and if you focus more on being defensive then of course your offense will suffer for it. I mean it makes sense, the only thing you can really do is do it in different ways. Like say Elementalist has sorta stances by switching between elements to become more defensive/offensive/regenitive. Likewise ranger might do the same with pets. The roles are still there, just not as cookie cutter style as normal.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby ThePaul » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 pm

You still can't solo certain parts of SW:TOR without being over leveled for that area. And anyway, the only reason most of it is Solo-able is because they give you doods to help you out.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise