[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Guild Wars 2
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Guild Wars 2

Everything related to games~

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby ThePaul » Tue May 01, 2012 3:00 pm

While Guild Wars 2 did disappoint at first (as there were several things I thought it did, which it doesn't), there were plent I things that complete overlapped it and made it super fun. Not reading all the dialog, but syrup knowing what I am doing to save the world was the best part, for me I think.
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Ninja_moofin » Wed May 02, 2012 12:25 am

I did hope for a couple of things that didn't look like they made it in, or yet anyways.
but I had a blast playing with everyone. I love how well the social part of it works, people you don't know will help you instead of just watching you die and stuff so that was fantastic. I like the voiced information but I don't like the way they are presented it as much as I thought I would.

but overall I loved it, reminded me of the first game in spirit! though very different in game mechanics. but I am glad to have it live up to almost all my wants! not to mention one of the best parts of it was turning just in time to see Bear get kicked down a hole which led us on a grand adventure! and we learned a lesson about being afraid of holes in the ground.

also the fact that the end of beta event had arena net staff IN the game with us was pretty cool too!

I am actually really curious about all the stuff you will be able to do with the guild system and think they did it in a very interesting way.
Ninja_moofin
Swordman LV 52/40
Swordman  LV 52/40

Postby Bear » Mon May 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Okay! Let's get this started because before you know it, the next beta weekend will be upon us.

Suggest a name for our guild in GW2. Let's come up with some fresh ideas now that we have a better understanding of guild naming conventions. Here are the rules!

1) No special characters. This includes alt-codes, hyphens, underscores and ampersands.
2) No alternate case. (i.e. Aggro A GoGo wasn't valid; it had to be Go Go or Gogo)
3) Choose a 4-letter initialism/acronym. We are almost exclusively represented by this which shows up in brackets beside our name, so choose this with care because it's what most people see us by. Alternate case may be used, so [GoGo] is valid.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Mon May 07, 2012 1:25 pm

I still like Aggro a gogo, even if it has to be like that with no other uppercase, esp since GoGo works awesomely as a short tag.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Luc of True Wind » Mon May 07, 2012 6:10 pm

I like the idea of our guild being called Chromatic Shift. I just think it sounds so cool /ho
As for the 4 letter thing, I dunno :(
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Farore » Mon May 07, 2012 7:56 pm

My personal favorite is Aggro a Go Go, and the GoGo acronym fit well. Chromatic Shift also sounds nifty though the acronym might be harder to come up with. Maybe CHSH since chromatic and shift have the h in common?
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby ThePaul » Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 am

I'm sorry, but we just can't be Aggro A Go Go. There is no dance command. /swt2
I am not a reasonable man.
ThePaul
Minstrel LV 96/65
Minstrel  LV 96/65

Postby Farore » Tue May 08, 2012 11:17 am

But wouldn't your GoGo boots make up for that Paul?
Farore
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Bear » Tue May 08, 2012 12:35 pm

According to the GW1 wiki, there is a dance command though and there is no reason to expect that there won't be one in GW2. In fact, many emotes are in GW1 that weren't in the beta...
/hmm

Well, hopefully it's just a "not in beta yet" thing. That would suck not to have a dance emote - I couldn't even imagine a modern MMO without it now.

I think you might just have to give Chromatic Shift up Luc; I think you were the only one to vote for it in the last poll lol. Aggronauts would be tough to come up with a good initial for too. Of course, we could just come up with separate initials/acronyms for the tag.

Maybe like:
AGRO
GoGo - Keep it GoGo even if the guild name is different?

Also, silly suggestions!
LINA- Life IN Aggro? Almost like a nod to Slayers.
SQRL - Squirrel??? lol Might also be interpreted as Squirrtle XD
BUNY - Cause who ISN'T afraid of a bunny.
LINK - Life IN K... OH WHO CARES, IT's LINK MAN!!

I guess a tag can be just as hard as a name. Throw out suggestions all!

**Ninja Edit** I just realized LINK could also be "Life IN Kryta" XD Possible guild name? Hmmm...
Kryta, of course, being the last human kingdom in Tyria.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby th3squirr3l » Tue May 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Also, I think GoGo is a good tag overall, even if it doesn't fit the guild name xD
th3squirr3l
Sage LV 97/50
Sage  LV 97/50

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise