[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Terraria
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Terraria

Everything related to games~

Terraria

Postby Mistaque » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Yeah, that-there awesome little sandbox. You build stuff, fight off monsters, explore the randomized world o' blocks and adventure. Best served with good friends.

Which brings me to the point.. Anyone who has it wants to play it together?
I can host a server for any people here willing to play, maybe on a fresh, new world with brand new characters and advance together to eventual greatness and a little-giant town, or battle the new bosses introduced with the recent patch (which are ridiculously hard to beat alone), or even fight it out in PvP to see who has the trickery necessary for victory!

At least.. in theory. I haven't actually tried actively hosting one, but my connection is pretty fast and my computer isn't a total slowpoke, so there shouldn't be too much lag and all.

Either way, chat-chat away about the game!
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Re: Terraria

Postby Bear » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:49 am

THIS GAME.

Ohh this game.

After Pie and I finished up with the Limbo comic, we dived right into this game. We haven't sat down and really PLAYED something for a long time. A little bit of time here and there on one thing or another, but not really got some serious time in. Seeing the recommendation, as I said in , from Extra Credits; Pie and I were already interested enough in it. Then when we saw the preview video on Steam, we immediately picked it up.

What started harmlessly enough as a quick look on Friday night turned into a damn near all weekend gaming session. I know the game is incredibly compelling when Pie and I are sitting there playing and we look to each other and have a conversations similar to this

Bear: Are you hungry?
Pie: Yeah, actually I am.
Bear: Yeah...we should eat
Pie: It's weird, I thought we just ate no too long ago...
Bear: Yeah, I thought so too...
(checks the clock)
Bear: Oh...no wonder we're hungry...the last time we ate was 8 hours ago when we started playing Terraria.

Anyways, I feel like I am a bad critic of games; I have a pretty good idea when a good game is good and when a bad game is bad....and I don't want to over sell how good a game is because I tend to get super excited about things (like Dragon Nest, which I haven't touched in ages)...but this game is so freaking cool...

I specifically avoided Minecraft because it looked like a big time sink. It looked fun and awesome to build stuff...but it didn't have that certain something to break my will to go out and get it. Seeing Terraria had the fighting and unique elements that made me break down...and now that it has sucked me in, I am mindful of letting it consume me entirely...it is certainly fun enough for me to want to binge on.

That said! Having a shared world to play together with sounds awesome. I think I have an active Ventrilo server I can contribute to the festivities as well...though I guess Steam has a built in voice-chat system we could use. If there was enough interest, I might be able to help setup a hosted server somewhere, so the world is persistent and not reliant on anyone keeping their game running all the time. Of course if you want to host the game Mistaque, that sounds equally awesome ^_^
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:11 am

I'll admit seeing the look of the game did nothing for me, but as they say "If you build it, they will come" at least...as long as I have the time to anyway =P
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Mistaque » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:01 pm

A persistent server does sound nice.. if it doesn't provide too much trouble on your side, and we get a few more willing players.

Roll: If you're already lacking time, I'm not sure should I recommend it to you.. but anyway, if you ever find the spare money/time, you could give it a go sometime~

It's sort-of like an old-school 2D action-platformer, but with ability to mold terrain as you want (dig tunnels to make your own shortcuts, build an easy-to-traverse battlefield to make a hard boss easier), although there isn't a 'story' or anything, mostly just one big place where you can do various things.
It also gets steady updates with new content for free, so you'll get more and more for that single 10$ paid.

But still, as Bear said, it easily eats your time if you let it.. /meh2
Mistaque
Mage LV 63/45
Mage  LV 63/45

Postby Thrishmal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:20 pm

I had been playing this game a month back or so with some friends, it was rather addicting. I would come home from work and sit on the joint server we had. I was building a towering castle and road across the map...took many many hours, but was incredibly entertaining.

Easily worth the money they charge for it, though the game can be a bit addicting :)
Thrishmal
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Regnek » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:00 pm

I'd be up for that, gonna be getting it pretty soon, Monday week more then probably.
But ya that would be pretty cool.
“May all your dreams but one come true, for what is life without a dream?”
David Gemmell

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.”
Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Pie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:28 pm

@Ragnek- Yes, sounds really cool to play Terraria with other people; especially from these forums! =D Welcome to the Forums Ragnek. ^-^
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:12 am

I would love to play with a whole bunch of people, some friends and I tried to do a run with new characters, but there were only three of us and it got really slow up till the point where we just started messing around, I think it would work better with more people who are committed.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby Tehwilburforce » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:32 pm

I just went and looked this up on Steam. I must say, for a simple-looking, side-scrolling, RPG, it looks great! I'll have to download and join you guys sometime.

SO GLAD I JOINED A FORUM THAT'S ADDICTED TO/SAVVY WITH STEAM!!!

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:31 pm

If anyone wants to play this with me then let me know because man i haven't played any multiplayer on terraria.. and its my favorite game to draw :/.
Big sword you say!? Im in :D
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Location: Somewhere blasting, N smashing stuff with a laser greatsword

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise