[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Game Openings Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Game Openings Thread

Everything related to games~

Game Openings Thread

Postby Tehwilburforce » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:57 am

@Bear: I might just go look for Hajime no Ippo on my usual video site (animefreak.com). It kinda reminds me of Punchout, but with a real story. Video games have already given me a slight interest in many careers I thought were dumb when I was little like pro boxing or being a defense attorney (I think you can guess which games said interests come from).

@Kerreth: Already saw the Ponysona and my jaw dropped. XD

Also, more game OP's! How bout some old school love?

(Seriously, I love how the announcer holds that last syllable out at the end.)

(Is it just me, or do fighting games have some epic intros?)

Just so that there's more anime, here's the intro from a show I tried, but ultimately gave up on, NHK.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Re: Anime Openings Thread

Postby Soeroah » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Re: Game Openings Thread

Postby Bear » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Oh you silly forum goers...making me break out the mod tools.

Talk about game opening in this thread if you have some really cool ones you want to share =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:25 pm

So we continue to make posts containing both?! BWA HA! jk =P

I have to agree that many fighting games have really good openings, and I had ENDLESS fun with the original Soul Calibur customizable opening. A simple but amazing outcome awaits if you put every entry as "Astaroth", you're welcome. Side note, but Project Justice (aka Rival Schools 2) has a super awesome create a character mode in the Japanese version that I spent far too much time with. The vid is like 10 min long (and is part 4 lol) but you can glance at it and get an idea. So yeah, it can take an hour...or longer if you want to "perfect" a character and save/load spam. I did this for 3 memory cards full of 20-30 characters each (forget how much).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQBsoyjo ... ata_player

Yeah, not technically about game ops...but that was the most fun and creative character creation ever. Aside from that the Duane and Brando stuff is pretty good, I like the Sonic rap a lot too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNC9dpy2 ... ata_player
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Tehwilburforce » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 pm

lol. Sorry about that Bear. I guess I got caught up in the good game OP's.

Anyway, since I know you like Dreamcast, here is the opening to Evolution: World of Sacred Device.

I just started playing this and, so far, I really am enjoying it. The dungeon crawling isn't too tedious and I like that even some of the weapons and attacks are used as jokes (even if one of them is kinda sexist).

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby RollCasket » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Well...Evolution is definitely not the best...not even on Dreamcast's limited rpg list. I will admit I played both and had some fun with them, so there's nothing wrong with playin em. My personal recommendations would be Skies of Arcadia and Grandia 2 (not related to 1, and avoid 3). Alternatively if it's easier Skies is on GameCube with a lil extra content. Grandia 2 is on PC and PS2 also though I'd say it's DC>PC>PS2 for that one.

Major selling points:
Skies of Arcadia - ship battles (also has standard battles) are fun and different from most RPGs, to avoid spoilers this is the first one, though they get more crazy obviously.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqNJAZsX ... ata_player

Grandia 2 - battle system! G2 has a turn based AND real time battle system in one. You can move strategically to avoid things, defend just as an enemy is about to hit, use critical hits to cancel a enemy casted ability, etc. It's really well put together and fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcZJPRHM ... ata_player

To keep this topical...Skies opening...was gonna link both but forgot Grandia has boring openings lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fl3ZwER ... ata_player
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Don't be sorry Wilbur!

It's inevitable that one topic will get you thinking about other things and divergent conversations will happen organically. It's great to see the forums being lively and I love how conversations flow naturally from one topic to the next. Just chat with whatever comes to mind and if it warrants a new thread, one can easily be created. =)
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:49 am

Ya know...it's great that you separated the threads and all...but we also...kinda sorta...have a games section of the forums /ducks!
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Bear » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:38 am

Oh, you got me good Roll. I'm glad you are here to keep me in check lol
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:10 am

LOL! Seriously, I refreshed the forum page, saw the games section had an update...and started laughing, cause somehow I just knew this is what it was. It's ok though, I think my first post (other than the hello section) was in the wrong place, it happens, heh.
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Next

Return to Gamer's Paradise