[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Game Openings Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Game Openings Thread

Everything related to games~

Re: Game Openings Thread

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:14 pm

No YOU carry the bucket! I carried it the whole last dungeon and didn't get any items!

Let me just say I really, REALLY love the universe of Crystal Chronicles. The style, the races, the classes, and some of the special characters are really cool too. I keep wishing they don't let it die and keep trying, cause I feel like many of the games would be so great with a few tweaks and changes. Like the Wii one had a really good story but the gameplay...not so good.

Oddly enough the two CC Wiiware games, Life as a king and Life as a dark lord were super fun and I still go back to them every now and then.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Luc of True Wind » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Wild Arms Alter Code F is a complete remake of the first one. The story is essentially the same, but it has completely re-rendered graphics, environments, character design etc. I think one of the best parts is the addition of new playable characters that make the battles more tactical based (sort of like how in Final Fantasy 10 you had to switch characters according to the situation), and I feel it improved the story overall. I highly recommend it! I enjoyed the original and the remake, and it still remains as one of my favorite games to this day /ok
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby RollCasket » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:50 am

Bringing this topic back with the "opening" of Xenoblade which consists of two cg scenes with a lil interactive battle in between. It's just shy of 10 min btw, but I figured if you haven't seen the game yet this is a good way to. Also, don't watch the US trailer, not that it's bad, but it has some spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI_Wybd8 ... ata_player

Also, just when I thought the biggest surprises were out of the way some CRAZY shit went on where I'm at in game. I haven't even beaten it yet (near the end though) and this game is already one of my all time favorite games ever, it continues to impress me all along the way. So damn good.
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Kerreth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:03 pm

This thread needs .
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby Tehwilburforce » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:59 pm

How bout this?

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Pie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Here are the two intros to Tales of Xillia. =D They are both mostly similar except for a few tidbits because there're apparently two main characters (maybe you can choose?? XD).

They got me excited and into a big Tales mood. XD
(For those who don't know, the series is generally known as "Tales." All games in the series are titled "Tales of [word]" such as "Tales of Symphonia" or "Tales of Vesperia") =)
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Previous

Return to Gamer's Paradise