[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Game Openings Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Game Openings Thread

Everything related to games~

Re: Game Openings Thread

Postby Tehwilburforce » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 am

Oh lol. Silly admins. Anyway...

@Roll: I have both Skies (an original hard copy) and Grandia 2 (a ROM burned CD-R copy). Dreamcast's lack of anti-pirate software is great. Just hope Sega isn't watching and releases the hounds.

I think I'll take this in a more Sony-centric direction.

I really wish some studio in Japan would snatch this up and make it an anime.

Just so Sega doesn't kill me, though, I'll post something of theirs.

I search for a cabinet with this game everytime I find an arcade.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Pie » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Just so you know Wilberforce, Grandia 2 for the Dreamcast might have an anti-piracy thing in it. XD I have the original American version and a CD-R burn. The game will freeze about an hour or two into the game during a story battle. It will ALWAYS freeze in the same spot. As far as I know, the only way to get around it is by having a save copy that exists past the battle. If you've played past that point, then I suppose you can forget all that I've said. ^^;

I've never gotten around to playing Skies of Arcadia, but I've always heard that it's amazing.~ I highly recommend Grandia 2! =D Great fun! I hear that the PS2 version in comparison to the DC version is terrible. ^^
Pie
Gypsy LV 87/55
Gypsy  LV 87/55

Postby Bear » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Yeah, if you can get your hands on a cheap official version of Grandia 2, do so. It is certainly worth it.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Soeroah » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:21 pm

I reckon Kingdom Hearts 2 had the longest tutorial segment with the hardest-hitting lead-in to the main game I've played :p

Since it's two hours long I can't really give a link, so instead I'll provide a link to one of my favourite KH opening cutscenes.

May be spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj8snn_e ... re=related

I'd link them all, but most of them have the same song, and I'm looking more at the visuals here :p
Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Kerreth » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:55 am

Nah, FF13 had the longest tutorial, given that it lasts well into the second disc and through some of the better story moments (Sazh and Vanille at the carnival, for example).
Kerreth
High Acolyte LV 63/45
High Acolyte  LV 63/45

Postby RollCasket » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:20 am

It's ok Wilbur, I'm a HUGE Sega fan and I have tons of burned Dreamcast games also =P I have a lot of DC games period though, burned and legit import and US games. I also have a boxed DC as a backup just in case my other one dies. Me and my brother played our original so much we burned the motor out so I'm not taking any chances lol.

Back on subject, here's one that I've always loved, the opening to Suikoden 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHtx0W2P ... ata_player

This one...well, it's the opening for Silent Hill 3, which I totally love the song but I've been spoiled by the movie's credil roll...i'd still say its the best video game movie ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz3ufaZC ... ata_player
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Soeroah » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:15 am

Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:18 am

Yeah, I got FF13 with and elite bundle thing and it had THREE discs, all in the same case, and the weird thing is that the 360 elite xbox's are usually a different colour, so you can tell them apart, but the FF13 one was white so it looked exactly like a normal one.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

Postby TenaciousTinkerer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:24 am

I heard about the mutiple disks on that game. Btw how was it because i heard that it was unessarily long but i dont know how true this is as i never played a FF game. One more thing what do you mean by elite xbox's in a diffrent color?
Big sword you say!? Im in :D
TenaciousTinkerer
Knight LV 68/1
Knight  LV 68/1

Location: Somewhere blasting, N smashing stuff with a laser greatsword

Postby Fixxxer 117 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:32 am

The xbox 360 elite was the version up from the standard console (which was white) because they came with a larger hard drive, were a different colour and usually were part of a special game release, like the red resident evil 5 xbox, while the normal elites were black. The FF13 elite was white so it looked like the standard 360, the only way to tell it apart was the "FINAL FANTASY XIII" inscription on the hard drive, which I personally think defeats the purpose of having the special 360's different colours.

I never actually played the game that much myself because it was really just a big corridor, but my friend played it and he said it was really long.

I do the impossible, like skiing through a revolving door.
Fixxxer 117
Assassin Cross LV 94/62
Assassin Cross  LV 94/62

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise