[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4285: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4289: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Forum in Aggro • View topic - Game Openings Thread
Board index   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Board index Entertainment Gamer's Paradise

Game Openings Thread

Everything related to games~

Re: Game Openings Thread

Postby Bear » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 am

Wow! Totally unrelated but damn Soeroah! I didn't even realize you could quote someone. These forums kinda suck, I can't easily quote someone, I can't edit my post and some of these freaking emotes have white borders around them.

Someone should tell the admins to get off their lazy asses. AMIRITE?
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby Tehwilburforce » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:06 pm

@Bear: Don't beat yourself up like that, bro! haha.

@Roll: lol. That makes me feel a bit better. I'd say a bit more than a third of my DC collection (5 out of 14 games, currently) is made up of burned CD-R's. Most of them were harder to find or expensive games, anyway, though I do feel foolish for getting a burned copy of Sonic Adventure 2 as it was one of the more popular games on the DC. The other burned games I have, besides Grandia, are Project Justice (Rival Schools 2 for anyone who isn't American), Metropolis Street Racer (both highly addictive and highly frustrating due to the Kudos system), and Super Magnetic Neo(think Mega Man using a magnet in his head to defeat enemies instead of the Mega Buster coupled with a hard-as-balls difficulty level). Also, I never thought about it, but I might consider getting an extra DC just in case. They might be too hard to find someday, anyway.

Anyway, before I force Bear to cut this comment and make another topic for general Dreamcast discussion, I should post another game opening. I'm gonna show off the openings for Ace Combat 4-6(Zero), the three series entries on PS2.

= /lv

Best story in the series, in my opinion. The Razgriz legend was an interesting story element that was gradually applied to your character and his wingmen quite well.

The Spanish guitar in this is so cool. Love the whole Knights of the Round Table schtick too.

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Soeroah » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Soeroah
Dancer LV 82/50
Dancer  LV 82/50

Postby Luc of True Wind » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Breath of Fire 4 intro! The music is so beautiful...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfoRkhx5JU0

One of my favorite intros ever from Wild Arms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVOFibwVMw0

And Wild Arms: Alter Code F
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Fedfg8B50

Also the Tales of Vesperia opening!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_Oga0k0sw

I'll think of more soon :)
Luc of True Wind
High Mage LV 52/40
High Mage  LV 52/40

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 am

@Luc: I quite liked the Wild Arms theme. Never played, but I swear I've heard that song before. It looks like a very unique game too. Is Alter Code F a remake of the first, or is that same song used for all of the games in the series? Also, original is on PS1, right?

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Bear » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:25 am

Wild Arms is an awesome game and I highly recommend it. It is a bit retro now and wont seem innovative in comparison to current stuff, but for its time it was good fun. It featured a staged limit break bar for special attacks, and beat out FF7 to the punch at the time, which is saying something since FF7 was well known for that feature. Story and music were excellent as well.

I can't speak about Alter Code F though; it IS a complete remake of the game, with system and even plot overhauls. The original is a PS1 game and worth a look~
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

Postby RollCasket » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:49 am

It's funny cause I was thinking about Wild Arms 3 specifically as another intro I liked (the game too) so it was kinda funny when I saw Luc post the others. Alter Code F is fine though from what I remember...it'd be kinda hard to go back to the ps1 ver at this point I'd say. Anyway, WA3 intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezkMLIdE ... ata_player
Icon and sig art by Feining =)
"May the earth shatter, may the oceans dry, and may the sun extinguish itself. We are demons."
RollCasket
High Priest LV 98/67
High Priest  LV 98/67

Postby Regnek » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:07 am

So of games I've played one of the game opening that really stood out to me was the intro FMV for Final Fantasy VIII. The graphics for the time were amazing and the fight seen is really cool, and the message in to is just wonderful.

And one of the most annoying opening I've play though for a game is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, it took way to long to play though. It was boring and very nearly stopped me playing the game altogether, now after you get past the first very large area, the game gets very good and very interesting.

No point in putting up a video though, it would need be about an hour or so long if I remember correctly and would be boring to watch.
“May all your dreams but one come true, for what is life without a dream?”
David Gemmell

“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.”
Terry Pratchett
Regnek
Undeclared
Undeclared

Postby Tehwilburforce » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:26 pm

I only have one for you guys today. I love cars and this game is probably the best driving sim I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Here is Gran Turismo 4.

(Yes, the Van Halen helps.)

-Sailor Mercury
Tehwilburforce
High Mage LV 40/30
High Mage  LV 40/30

Postby Bear » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Since there is a lot of Wild Arms talk, I thought this should be mentioned. I've not played too deep into it part 5, but Pie put it at the top of the list next to Wild Arms 1 for fave in the series.

Japanese intro because I'm a purist. The (better vid quality) one was okay, but the Japanese vocalist is sublime. I miss, MISS, this game SO much. Amazing music and TONS of fun in a group.
Bear
Arc Bishop LV 149/120
Arc Bishop  LV 149/120

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Paradise